Options

The Secret Life of Brothers and Sisters - C4

Comments

• Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    d0lphin wrote: »
    Oh no I'm gutted I missed this - need to find it on Catch up!

It's on channel 47 tonight at 8pm tonight.
  • Options
    d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    It's on channel 47 tonight at 8pm tonight.

Thanks - I'm downloading it at the moment though. Will watch later :)
  • Options
    d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Real enjoyed it, Most of the little ones were mini-mes of their older siblings!

Alfie's little sister Daisy was adorable and just like him. It made me smile when they said Alfie, Emily and Daisy were like a nuclear family :)

Love Lola's accent and she was so lovely with Mabel (great name btw!) and Mabel seems very advanced for a 2 year old

I thought the race was hilarious when the older children were virtually pushing the little ones over the bales of hay.

Tia saying "you can have her" about Amelia was so funny.

And Alfie at the end saying having a little sister was like pandemonium! :D
  • Options
    Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found that a bit shocking tbh. Mine never argued that much.

I was very surprised by that too. I've had no experience, but if asked how many times kids of that age argue on average I would have said about 8 times a day, certainly not 8 times an hour! :o But it did make me wonder what experience that research was based on exactly.
    d0lphin wrote: »
    Real enjoyed it, Most of the little ones were mini-mes of their older siblings!

1. Alfie's little sister Daisy was adorable and just like him. It made me smile when they said Alfie, Emily and Daisy were like a nuclear family :)

Love Lola's accent and she was so lovely with 2. Mabel (great name btw!) and Mabel seems very advanced for a 2 year old

3. I thought the race was hilarious when the older children were virtually pushing the little ones over the bales of hay.

4. Tia saying "you can have her" about Amelia was so funny.

5. And Alfie at the end saying having a little sister was like pandemonium! :D

1. Yes. And from what we've seen I'd say he's certainly a good mentor for her to have around. :)

2. Mabel is indeed a great name and an interview with Tracey Ullman has always made me smile and stuck in her mind. She said she called her daughter Mabel so she allegedly could then stand at the bottom of the stairs and shout "Maybullll!!". :D I'm sure she just liked the name in reality but the story behind it has always amused me.

3. It was funny but as someone mentioned earlier in the thread I thought "oh-o, we're gonna witness an unfortunate accident here!". :o Thankfully they all seemed to get through it relatively harm free though.

4. It was wasn't it. I forget who she said it too, but notice they never took her up on the offer.

5. Impressive vocabulary for one so young wasn't it. He's being well raised and is patently a bright kid. Totally my favourite of them for now. Strikes me as the type who'll pop up on Countdown within 5-8 years and emerge as series champion and probably then captain a University Challenge team to a series win within the next 15 or so years. Nothing wrong with any of that though. :)

Next weeks should be interesting. I forget his name but my absolute least favourite from the past series - a slightly chubby bully boy type is back. That's going to be an interesting watch. ;-)
  • Options
    claremontsclaremonts Posts: 20,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought all of the children were lovely. I was especially impressed with Alfie and Lola's ability to empathise and with Mabel's speech, which was very clear for a two year old.
    So cute
  • Options
    Forum Member
    George is such a sweetheart. I hate seeing him upset :(

I also like the male teacher :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Chaim the one who was a bit of a bully in a previous series?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Torch81 wrote: »

I think he was. What weird names they have.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That looks a bit hard :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he was. What weird names they have.

Thanks, thought so. Their names are plain strange aren't they! :o I wonder where they came from. Oh! Mum and Dad are Tiffany and 'Mosha'? That figures. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks, thought so. Their names are plain strange aren't they! :o I wonder where they came from. Oh! Mum and Dad are Tiffany and 'Mosha'? That figures. :D

:D:D

I have a feeling they are the kind of parents that let their children do as they please.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Adjectives :o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Charlotte's lovely. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    >:(>:(>:( That Jack has issues >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    >:(>:(>:( That Jack has issues >:(

Mmm, bit nasty that wasn't it. Nice to see some of the others trying to understand what his problem was there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mmm, bit nasty that wasn't it. Nice to see some of the others trying to understand what his problem was there.

That was interesting.

That was a very hard push.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was interesting.

That was a very hard push.

I know. My first thought was that it was lucky they were on grass and not concrete or similar. :o

No one's quite got the star quality of Alfie from last week, but enjoying this again just the same.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know. My first thought was that it was lucky there were on grass and not concrete or similar. :o

No one's quite got the star quality of Alfie from last week, but enjoying this again just the same.

Don't ... that would have been awful :(

He was a sweetheart would love it he was in this week as well.. I really like George as he reminds me of my son when he was young :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't ... that would have been awful :(

He was a sweetheart would love it he was in this week as well.. I really like George as he reminds me of my son when he was young :D

:) That's nice. Smart kid too, nice move with the chocolate. :)

:D at Zohara completely ignoring Chaim and giving her extra piece to Charlotte. I'd have done the same! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :) That's nice. Smart kid too, nice move with the chocolate. :)

:D at Zohara completely ignoring Chaim and giving her extra piece to Charlotte. I'd have done the same! :D

That was sweet of both of them. And yes so would I :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Awwwww.

I don't like how they make them argue but suppose they would do that at home anyway :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was the last one of them. Shame, enjoyable if short little series. I wonder if they'll do another next year, that'd be interesting.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member

It seems I was right last series when I said it appeared his siblings gave as good a they got, his little sister sent him off crying over a game of connect 4.

I watched the same American TV as everyone else growing up and I know the name Haim, so I'm baffled as to why others are still going on about it after it was explained in the last series, very common Hebrew/Jewish name.

Shame so few DS'ers watching and/or posting, then again DS is a tiny pool of people.
  • Options
    Sansa_SnowSansa_Snow Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems I was right last series when I said it appeared his siblings gave as good a they got, his little sister sent him off crying over a game of connect 4.

I watched the same American TV as everyone else growing up and I know the name Haim, so I'm baffled as to why others are still going on about it after it was explained in the last series, very common Hebrew/Jewish name.

Shame so few DS'ers watching and/or posting, then again DS is a tiny pool of people.

His name is Chaim
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That was the last one of them. Shame, enjoyable if short little series. I wonder if they'll do another next year, that'd be interesting.

I hope so.

I need to see George and Alfie again.