Batman Arkham Origins

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    If that's all the game turns out to be then I'd consider that a bad thing, it'd mean you're essentially paying £35 for a mission pack, which is just lazy if you ask me.

I cancelled my Amazon order for this yesterday after looking at the uninspiring 17 minute developer video, I got bored of AC quite quickly and didn't think it was anywhere near as good as AA (the short and unfocused story of AC wasn't a patch on AA), so considering that this looks exactly the same as AC I think I'll wait for the reviews on this one. I'm not expecting "bad" reviews, but I think it'll get a lot of 6's and 7's out of 10, which to me doesn't justify a full price purchase.

The new devs have made enough changes for it to interest me as well as from the limited game play I have seen and storyline created something that could rival Arkham City.

Its no secret that the devs used all the same engines and set ups from Rocksteady to create this game so in terms of DNA it will bear a strong if not at times similar look and feel of the previous games. is that such a bad thing?

We all are very well aware that this is nothing more than a final cash grab from WB much in the same way that the last gears of war game was nothing more than a cash grab, it doesnt stop the game being enjoyable.
  • Thunder LipsThunder Lips Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is Arkham City again so anyone expecting more than that will be disappointed. Only the story (which already dropped in quality from AA to AC) is even less interesting overall. Things pick up a bit with The Joker's appearance though. Like I expected, it is good but not great.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep it's pretty bad. Proper cutscenes don't have that issue though, thankfully.
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any reviews appearing for this and the handheld versions yet?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pre-ordered Batman AO from Steam :) I'll be the guinea pig lol

Same - have ordered the PS3 version just in case there are performance issues like there were with Arkham City
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pre-ordered Batman AO from Steam :) I'll be the guinea pig lol

Could this be my very first ever, full price, pre-ordered title from Steam!

If I do this, will it make me a proper PC gamer :D

Don't fancy getting it on PS3 or 360 so close to next gen, I know they'll look great but for less money I can get more visual fidelity. I'm so shallow :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jokerz wrote: »
    Any reviews appearing for this and the handheld versions yet?
    I'm assuming they're embargoed in case they put people off buying. Unless the big reviews are all bought and paid for I can't see this hitting the top scores.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm assuming they're embargoed in case they put people off buying. Unless the big reviews are all bought and paid for I can't see this hitting the top scores.

I saw the in game cut scenes and the completely wierd lip sync. That is so bad! Considering they ported Arkham City to the Wii U surely they could have got it right?

I enjoyed Arkham City although I did find the Penguin's museum section to be a bit of plod though. Preferred gliding around the city taking down the thugs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked AC but it wasn't as tight as AA, plus did the city really need to have so many green riddler things?

I have doubts about this game, smells like something the publisher wants to put out while the main dev works on something bigger.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dmuk wrote: »
    I liked AC but it wasn't as tight as AA, plus did the city really need to have so many green riddler things?

I have doubts about this game, smells like something the publisher wants to put out while the main dev works on something bigger.

I'm concerned about the lack of polish with the lip sync thing. Surely that is something you get right?

Yeah I liked asylum but I did enjoy messing around the city in AC.

Those riddler trophies are a nightmare! I still haven't got every one and some I can't figure. I have got the guide somewhere its just a matter of been bothered :)
  • austino6austino6 Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    They are no riddles at all for me at 25% through! yes they are data packs you collect to locate edward but i just wish they had the riddles... oh well the story is good so far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    austino6 wrote: »
    They are no riddles at all for me at 25% through! yes they are data packs you collect to locate edward but i just wish they had the riddles... oh well the story is good so far.
    Have you seen any use for the "environmental analysis" function at all yet? Cause I've not.
    Forum Member
    Have you seen any use for the "environmental analysis" function at all yet? Cause I've not.

Nope not at all it's weird.
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    I might end up getting origins eventually (Bought arkham city GOTY edition from asda and arkham asylum again GOTY from ebay) they look excellent games indeed
    Forum Member
    I just found an anarchy sign which can be scanned .
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could this be my very first ever, full price, pre-ordered title from Steam!

If I do this, will it make me a proper PC gamer :D

Don't fancy getting it on PS3 or 360 so close to next gen, I know they'll look great but for less money I can get more visual fidelity. I'm so shallow :o

Go for it Flawed, you know you wanna lol
  • Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dmuk wrote: »

That's what I've heard people say and that's one of the reasons why I'm going in with low expectations.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yep he may be pleasantly surprised :)

Edit : Anyone else find it a little bit worrying that there are no reviews out yet?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep he may be pleasantly surprised :)

Edit : Anyone else find it a little bit worrying that there are no reviews out yet?

All the reviewers are locked down until day of release which for a game like Batman is very worrying.

Same thing happened with Gears of War Judgement as well as several other "low scoring" games.

Just to play devils advocate, GTA V was also under the same rules...so maybe not all bad?

The reason for the lockdown is that the game maker either dont want negative word of mouth to damage sales or dont want major plot points to be spoiled.

Im am so on the fence with this game!
    Forum Member
    It's good but the worst of the 3 with AA being first.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    austino6 wrote: »
    It's good but the worst of the 3 with AA being first.

As long as its good and it's batman then thats me sorted :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as its good and it's batman then thats me sorted :)

That's what I was thinking, what's wrong with good :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I went for it in the end. lol
  • 2FS2FS Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member
    Just finished the pre-loading.

Took a mere 10 hours on my rubbish broadband :D