Options

Luke Friend SMASHED it tonight!

Comments

• Options
    Rueben_ClaraRueben_Clara Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    I may not be coming across well here. Nevermind. I am 28 and proud.
  • Options
    Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    That's a bit unfair. Luke is 17 many of his fans are going to be young.

Are a majority of Sam Bailey's fans middle aged or older? Is their view or opinion any more valid? Has it all come down to ageism now :eek:

So you are seriously asking if a middle aged person with knowledge of many many things and life experience knows more that a 17 year old no nothing.

Plus at that young age people are more inclined to be obsessive people who mindlessly follow fads and fashions.

So with no knowledge and just an obsession, saying "Oh someone is so so so absolutely wonderful and the best thing in the whole wide world, can be taken with a pinch of salt.

That is reality and addresses your question.
  • Options
    Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    IsItThatDeepIsItThatDeep Posts: 1,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you are seriously asking if a middle aged person with knowledge of many many things and life experience knows more that a 17 year old no nothing.

Plus at that young age people are more inclined to be obsessive people who mindlessly follow fads and fashions.

So with no knowledge and just an obsession, saying "Oh someone is so so so absolutely wonderful and the best thing in the whole wide world, can be taken with a pinch of salt.

That is reality and addresses your question.

An opinion is an opinion and whether the person is 80 or 18, their opinion is no more or less important than anyone else's. It like somebody posting 'you sound old' under every comment supporting Sam. I just don't think it's fair dissing somebody because of their perceived age whether you agree with them or not.
  • Options
    Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Kiss from the rose" is still my favourite of his. He comes alive when he uses his guitar without it he struggles.
  • Options
    Rueben_ClaraRueben_Clara Posts: 186
    Forum Member

Why so surprised? Am I not allowed to like the music of anyone younger than myself? To be honest I don't like most of the music in the charts today. I tend to listen to 90's r'n'b. If I like something, then I like something. I don't see a problem with it and what it has to do with my age.
  • Options
    Red22Red22 Posts: 2,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm 25 and Luke is my favorite by far
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    Mid twenties here and Luke is my favourite.
  • Options
    EdgarKEdgarK Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ah, what use is age for determining anything? For every teenager you can show me who's an unquestioning slave to fashion, I'll find you someone middle-aged who settled somewhere around the age of 20 into being either a replica of their parents or whatever fitted best into their immediate social circle, and has idly stayed there ever since and learned to call it wisdom.

"When I was young, I was always being told 'You'll see, when you're 50'. Now I am 50 and I haven't seen a thing" (Erik Satie). I rather liked that quote at 20, and I still rather like it now that I'm the wrong side of 50 myself. I've seen some things, to be sure, just nothing much at all of what anyone ever told me I would.

Luke on his day sounds quite good to me :D
  • Options
    HelenSnowflakeHelenSnowflake Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    I'm an older viewer (35) and asides from Sam Bailey Luke is the only one showing any individuality...I really hope the lad wins it., good luck to him!
  • Options
    SelenaSelena Posts: 29,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm 29 and Luke is also my favourite. :)
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm old enough to be Lukes mother and I thought he was by far the best on the night. Would I buy his music? Almost certainly not but, in the context of someone coming out of the show and becoming a decent artist, Luke has it for me.
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was good but don't get thinking that he 'made that song his own' - listen to the 1975 live lounge cover of it, carbon copy.

YES!!
  • Options
    Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 24 and I love Luke! Sam Bailey is a close second :)
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm 27 and Luke is my favourite. Boy can SANG.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best performance of the series.
  • Options
    amelie74amelie74 Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    I'm 39 next month and a Luke fan. There may be better singers but I like his style and individuality - for me he stands out and his is the only performance I look forward to.
  • Options
    D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was great.

I like him, he breaks the mould of your standard X Factor boy act.

Sam vs Luke final would be pretty good.
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in my 50's and I think Luke is really good :)

Though he's definitely better with his guitar - seems more relaxed
  • Options
    dawnage01dawnage01 Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    Haha, I love the relative civility in this thread. Yay! :)
    I think it's also interesting that Luke has a wide range of fans (age-wise). This could really increase his chances of winning.
  • Options
    GravitationalGravitational Posts: 1,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved his performance last night.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    From the people that I know, Luke appeals to a wide range of ages from youngsters to people in their mid 50's
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Luke's my favourite. I didn't see it coming, I honestly didn't really see why they'd put him through instead of Paul, but he's consistently getting better throughout and really throwing himself into the whole process. He's kind of the only one I look forward to seeing perform.
  • Options
    daljuldaljul Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    I am in my 50's and Luke was under the radar for my until "Kiss from the rose".

Since that performance he is the one that I look forward to because he has the rawness to his voice and you never know what he is going to do with a song. Can't say the same for Nicholas.

Hope Luke is in the final but I would rather he did not win, to me he is for more an edgy artist that could be ruined by Syco.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You are coming across very well actually. It takes a level of maturity to readily admit that you like an act so freely regardless of what others might think. Those who 'smirk' at it because they feel it embarrassing are actually only embarrassing themselves. :D