Options

Arsenal Supporters Thread (Part 15)

Comments

• Options
    willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see Schalke have signed Matija Nastasic on loan from Man. City. Does this mean we could be getting Benedikt Höwedes? I think he'd be a great signing, would slot in nicely alongside Koscielny.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    DavidT wrote: »
    Its a take off of Bayern's unofficial slogan. When Ozil was rumoured to be leaving us for them he tweeted mia san arsenal, we are Arsenal or we are who we are. Was his way of saying he was staying. It was put up yesterday as a welcome back to him.

Thanks for the info :D
  • Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    Benik Afobe has been sold to Wolves on a permanent deal.

Also strong rumours that Sanogo will go on loan to Crystal Palace.
  • Options
    WouterWouter Posts: 2,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elyan wrote: »

Seen the Sanogoals thing confirmed on the club's facebook page.
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30793955

Its Official. Sanogo joins Palace on loan.
  • Options
    Matt_MaherMatt_Maher Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So when Giroud gets injured again, we're buggered. Again.

Wenger needs to be a top striker, a top defensive/holding midfielder and a top defender.

We do not need any more attacking midfielders, if we buy another one of those I think i'm going to cry!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    Matt_Maher wrote: »

Wenger needs to be a top striker, a top defensive/holding midfielder and a top defender.

We do not need any more attacking midfielders, if we buy another one of those I think i'm going to cry!

Isn't that our problem EVERY season? Wenger will not/has never had any intention of fixing it.

To a point when asked about it by the media or AGM then he just slaps the people down, beginning to think he is either in denial or totally delusional. >:(
  • Options
    PhoebicaPhoebica Posts: 2,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wouldn't say this area is a priority. Theo is back, we'll have Welbeck back pretty soon, and we also have this fella called Alexis Sanchez, he chips in with the odd goal now and then... :D

Having said that, I like Afobe. But you have to remember he is 21 now, he's been on loan for 4/5 years – it's only fair to give him some stability. We're obviously not going to give him that anytime soon so makes sense to sell him to a team who will.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phoebica wrote: »
    I wouldn't say this area is a priority. Theo is back, we'll have Welbeck back pretty soon, and we also have this fella called Alexis Sanchez, he chips in with the odd goal now and then... :D

Having said that, I like Afobe. But you have to remember he is 21 now, he's been on loan for 4/5 years – it's only fair to give him some stability. We're obviously not going to give him that anytime soon so makes sense to sell him to a team who will.

I think Sanchez could play at full back and still be the best player on the pitch.

Wellbeck is too inconsistent and Wenger fannies about when it comes to playing Theo as a striker.
    With Afobe, Podolski and Sanogo now all gone we are short up there I think.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    Just came across this article on Gareth Bale, I know it's Daily Mail trash but for sh**s and giggles it would kill the Spuds seeing Bale in a Arsenal shirt haha. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AgentZ619 wrote: »
    Just came across this article on Gareth Bale, I know it's Daily Mail trash but for sh**s and giggles it would kill the Spuds seeing Bale in a Arsenal shirt haha. :D

You have to hand it to Adrian Durham for his consistency.

Whether he's on the radio or writing for newspaper he's always talking out of his arse.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have to hand it to Adrian Durham for his consistency.

Whether he's on the radio or writing for newspaper he's always talking out of his arse.

I'm pretty sure he was bullied or abused by an Arsenal fan when he was younger.
  • Options
    satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    I only recently joined this site so thought I'd better make a post in here as i'm a life long Arsenal fan!

Welcome Matt - always nice to see new Gooners in here!
  • Options
    Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Sanchez could play at full back and still be the best player on the pitch.
    grimtales1 wrote: »

Sanchez is just an absolute superstar whilst being extremely low-maintenance and drama-free. :eek: If Arsenal's defence hadn't let him down on numerous occasions this season, he could have taken Arsenal into the title race single-handedly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a nice piece on Alexis from Football365 (who usually slate us at every opportunity):

http://www.football365.com/f365-says/9642207/Alexis-Sanchez-Master-Of-All-Trades
  • Options
    satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    Xela M wrote: »
    Sanchez is just an absolute superstar whilst being extremely low-maintenance and drama-free.

Yes he's great, as you say, not a drama queen - he just gets on with the job at hand. His team mates seem to love him and his work rate is unbelievable. I just hope we manage to hang onto him - how long before City come in with a bid? That's what worries me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Item on Sky earlier about Bony joining man city.

Since 2009 they have spent £254,000,000.00 on strikers alone.

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY FOUR MILLION POUNDS !!!

Just on strikers!!!

How can we compete with that?

Eleven strikers in total. That's more than two new strikers every year.
  • Options
    bluewomble88bluewomble88 Posts: 2,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Item on Sky earlier about Bony joining man city.

Since 2009 they have spent £254,000,000.00 on strikers alone.

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY FOUR MILLION POUNDS !!!

Just on strikers!!!

How can we compete with that?

Eleven strikers in total. That's more than two new strikers every year.

When you're settling for Sanogo instead of splashing out for Costa, that's when it all goes tits up. No one is suggesting we compete with City over those numbers but to not make any effort to reinvest in the team is gross negligence. Look how much Southampton have spent, and West Ham. They're doing much better than us pound for pound. Without Alexis we'd be about 14th now.
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AgentZ619 wrote: »

When you see it's from Durham you stop reading there lol.
  • Options
    ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    Arteta going to be out for months still. 3rd time with same calf problem - he shouldn't have played earlier this season. It's never a good idea to play injured players - that's what a balanced squad is for. Koscielny in danger of repeating this mistake.
    Debuchy has been v unlucky. 3 months out as needs an operation.
    Meanwhile Dick Law et al are pre occupied with this 17 year old prospect from Legia Warsaw!
    I've been reading Amy Lawrence's book. Shows once and for all the importance to the club and Wenger of David Dein. He took all of that away from Wenger and just went and signed players. Agents etc have changed in the meantime but I have no doubt he could do it just as well again.

Also interesting that Lee Dixon says Wenger just doesn't get the defensive side of the game at all and has no idea even about things like FB positioning (viz Gibbs!....Chambers). Relies on other experienced players to coach the less experienced and for players to work it out for themselves.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    According to Dear Leader we want 'one or two' players but you get the feeling we wouldnt be in the market for those players if Debuchy and Arteta werent injured, *rolleyes*
    One of them will probably be that Polish kid from Warsaw nobody's heard of.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20150115/wenger-we-want-one-or-two-players-
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What an opportunity for the young kid.
    He's certainly going to see the far flung corners of the world for the next seven seasons as he's sent on loan here, there and everywhere.
  • Options
    robborocksrobborocks Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    According to Dear Leader we want 'one or two' players but you get the feeling we wouldnt be in the market for those players if Debuchy and Arteta werent injured, *rolleyes*
    One of them will probably be that Polish kid from Warsaw nobody's heard of.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20150115/wenger-we-want-one-or-two-players-

2 attacking midfielders on there way then.
  • Options
    robborocksrobborocks Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    What an opportunity for the young kid.
    He's certainly going to see the far flung corners of the world for the next seven seasons as he's sent on loan here, there and everywhere.

Yep, then just as he's on the brink of greatness he'll be replaced by a 17 year old french kid straight in to the 1st team.
This discussion has been closed.