Comments

• dd68dd68 Posts: 17,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the show lacks focus or direction at the moment
  • Angels_babyAngels_baby Posts: 1,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone else spot that the priest who had his car nicked was Ruth's ex-husband Andy?
  • AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 2,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone else spot that the priest who had his car nicked was Ruth's ex-husband Andy?

Hi AB. I knew the actor was Gordon Brown but didn't recognise him as I didn't watch RC then.
    I actually think that the Monsignor who had his car stolen may be hiding a secret as Angus saw something under the seat that he wants to keep secret and he was more interested in this than the actual car itself. Maybe the new double-act of Bob and Angus will blackmail him with this in the future. Also, think it was just like Lenny Murdoch to take their cash having done absolutely nothing except a bit of detective work!

Also good to see Rab Affleck on screen. He reminds me of a younger Pat Roach.
  • Ramit BaudeepRamit Baudeep Posts: 442
    Forum Member
    really surpised at the lack of posts on here

River city is one of the best things on tv at the moment

last couple of episodes have been fantastic viewing. They have made me feel sad and happy

Was really sad to see Murray leave. It was a very compelling to watch and thought the writers and all cast done a great job.

the last episode was very funny imo, A real feel good bit of television. Think River City needs a few more episodes like this.

Bob and Angus work great together. Bob has been needing a pal for a long time and it will be interesting to see how they develop and what the writers have in store.

Some of their scenes were genuine LOL

Cant stress enough how much i enjoyed it.
  • chasing_starschasing_stars Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    Have a feeling that will be death knell for River City after tonight's episode.

I knew they were going to kill Raymond off but I'm disappointed they decided to take that route for a character that's been a stronghold for the show for the past 12 years. I know the show isn't Raymond-centric but there's no other strong character to fill his shoes now. Wouldn't have been so bad if the actor left of his own accord but here the producers have actually axed him. Huge mistake and he'll be a huge loss to the show. Can only wish Paul Samson all the best for the future.
  • anndra_wanndra_w Posts: 6,557
    Forum Member
    It's sad the direction the producers have taken the show in. Gina sacked and now Raymond as well. The producer has made River City into a show that is no longer River City. I wish it could go back to being the show I used to love but I think that's gone for good now.
  • ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught up with RC yesterday, what a sad episode seeing Raymond being murdered. :cry: Raymond was such a big part of the show for years , as well as Gina who is gone as well. What we are left with now are new characters that I for one couldn't care less about, like Will and Robbie's creepy foster son, and Alan whateverhis name is and his sulky, posh talking daughter and the son who is Bob's new pal, (is he a teenager, because Bob must be at least 30?):confused:
    Can anyone explain why Raymond was living in that big house, as I must have missed an episode?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    Aww no! Soon be no one left!
  • Siobhan_KellySiobhan_Kelly Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Can't the producers take this show back to being a soap opera instead of being a third rate version of Taggart, it's an absolute joke these days
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't the producers take this show back to being a soap opera instead of being a third rate version of Taggart, it's an absolute joke these days

It looks like the Taggart era has ended for the moment as we are back to Malcolm's dementia storyline next week and the arrival of his carer.
    RC is definately in a slump though, with the end of the Lowtherhill development storyline I am wondering where they will take the storylines now as Alan Lindsay and Alex McAllister won't have much to do now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the whole story line about the building on dodgy land was very like an episode of Taggart, the one where James MacPherson departed (murrrderred) and Alec Norton arrived.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught up with RC last night, would much prefer the police and gangster storylines we have had recently to the rubbish of this week's episode . Bob and Angus and their silly comedy antics with the posh girl and her parents was garbage, and going by the trailer for this week's episode about a soppy teen romance, will definitely give it a miss. The accents are all over the place , as well, I mean why is Alan Lindsay's daughter so posh, when Angus and him are anything but.:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    Between Stella and Kirsty, it's all doom and gloom these days in Shieldinch. Not to mention the fallout from Raymond's murder and Big Bob written out as well.

Hopefully we'll have the Mullens giving us some lighter relief amidst all the angst. I do wish River City didn't give the whole episode to just one storyline. I dare say it's production costs, but the whole show seems to get bogged down in too much tragedy these days.

And in case there's anyone else out there following this thread ...

Happy Christmas, and a Guid New Year when it comes.
  • anndra_wanndra_w Posts: 6,557
    Forum Member
    AuldGit wrote: »
    Between Stella and Kirsty, it's all doom and gloom these days in Shieldinch. Not to mention the fallout from Raymond's murder and Big Bob written out as well.

Hopefully we'll have the Mullens giving us some lighter relief amidst all the angst. I do wish River City didn't give the whole episode to just one storyline. I dare say it's production costs, but the whole show seems to get bogged down in too much tragedy these days.

And in case there's anyone else out there following this thread ...

Happy Christmas, and a Guid New Year when it comes.
    It's not river city anymore sadly. I don't know what the ones in charge are thinking. They've changed the format of the show and in doing so the show has lost whatever it was that made it enjoyable.
    Forum Member
    Slightly confused with this week's upcoming episode... its says Scarlett's stepson from her first marriage comes back and he is called Paddy...

Now I know Paddy was the name of her first husband but years ago, when all of Scarlett's kids were in it - it was Shellsuit Bob (or Bob as we know him now), Kelly-Marie and Stevie.

Is this another Adams we don't know about or have they changed Stevie out for this new Paddy?!

I remember Stevie was Ruth's boyfriend but was also secretly gay and took up with Scott the graphic designer. He exited when he was put to prison... He would be in his thirties now... this new Paddy looks only to be in his mid twenties if that...

Hope they've not gone and messed with continuity again.
  • Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member
    Sounds like its Paddy's son. Stevie was Scarlett's buba.
  • Angels_babyAngels_baby Posts: 1,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think the guy who plays Paddy is excellent. Just don't think he will be in it long what with being a pawn in Alex and Lenny's battles.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Johnny Beattie who plays Malcolm Hamilton is retiring after 13 years on River City:

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/johnny-beattie-retires-after-six-decades-in-showbiz-202364n.122382876

I don't know if he will be killed off due to his vascular dementia or whether Malcolm will go into a care home.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught up with RC yesterday, was a surprise to see the evil Billy Kennedy appear again. A bit puzzled about who shot Alex, did Billy have something to do with it? I noticed he was smirking as Alex walked away from him in the prison, would he have some sort of grudge against Alex, although he is his nephew? Would Lenny be behind it, not sure.:confused: Lenny is such a great villain, love any storyline that he is in.
  • rapunzel4rapunzel4 Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the malcom dementia storyline was very well done, very emotional and realistic

if that had been on the big 2 im sure it would have got recognition and likely won at the soap awards
  • weelizweeliz Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    rapunzel4 wrote: »
    the malcom dementia storyline was very well done, very emotional and realistic

if that had been on the big 2 im sure it would have got recognition and likely won at the soap awards
    I totally agree. That episode was beautifully acted, and so poignant.
    Also, who else saw Kelly-Marie and Gabriel getting together? There's always been a wee spark between those two. :)
  • JamieMacdonaldJamieMacdonald Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, haven't been on this forum for a wee while and this thread even longer.

I went off River City for a wee while but started watching again a few months back. It's starting to feel like a Gary Tank Commander reunion show with Ellie, Angus, Stevie and I noticed Jacko in it a few weeks ago.

Quite enjoy the traveller family as well... I did get confused by Grace kissing Alan means Josie and Euan can no longer be together but I guess it's tradition.
  • gonnaenodaethatgonnaenodaethat Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK. Who was driving the car the female lawyer got into?
  • JamieMacdonaldJamieMacdonald Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK. Who was driving the car the female lawyer got into?

I don't know his name in it but I know him as Jacko from Gary Tank Commander. The fella with the glasses and was involved in the booze thing with Alex a few weeks ago.

I'm sure it's him.