Britney Spears Appreciation Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britney has had so many great songs on each album.
    I agree with you ^ ITZ & Blackout hard to choose.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think thus far it is safe to be said In The Zone and Blackout are her opuses....both of them and her Britney album are the three that are in my top 50 albums of all time definitely.

Unfortunately while i like it, Femme Fatale i am ranking a bit lower with time it really isnt as great as it was....its more of a Summery album a bit like how i feel with Kylies Aphrodite too....whereas Blackout and In The Zone tend to fit all corners of the year plus i love all the songs on both albums too which is a bonus.

I think i am now ready for new Britney in my life...i mean hearing about Bowies return is top of my list right now for March but Britney is right after that in terms of excitement :D (Alunageorge, Haim and Theme Park are my new artists of the year i am anticipating!) and hearing and reading stuff from gaga and Beyonce and now Justin...none of them gets me quite as excited than a new Britney tune/album :cool:

And yes i was a fan since BOMT i was 8 too :D while her first two albums havent aged well they still bring back memories :)
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember having races with my friend when i was about 10 to see who would see Britneys new video first and i always won of course haha. Hes now heavily into rock me still loyal to Britney :p .

My favourite Album is either ITZ or Blackout to hard to choose, what about you? I hope she goes dark and urban for album 8.

Haha comparing favourite album tracks etc i remember it well :p

And Blackout or Femme Fatale and yes dark and urban for album 8 :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there is an Urban market for slick songs opening up with Alunageorge coming second in the BBC Sound Of....2013 poll....which is slick as that perhaps is a direction to take...i really want her to shake the image she has atm from The X Factor...reinvent her style, bring out the madness in her music and live eprformances....and wear flat shoes so she can move FFS! :cool:
  • umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there is an Urban market for slick songs opening up with Alunageorge coming second in the BBC Sound Of....2013 poll....which is slick as that perhaps is a direction to take...i really want her to shake the image she has atm from The X Factor...reinvent her style, bring out the madness in her music and live eprformances....and wear flat shoes so she can move FFS! :cool:

BANG ON!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes no more half arsed dead behind the eyes appearances or peformancrs :o And while we're at as ou said JP shake the whole ****ing thing up and inject some fun excitement and above all imagination into her music.
  • Andy18Andy18 Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Blackout femme fatale and in the zone my favourite albums
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha cheers...yes i mean we all know Britney will never be what she was 1999 - 2004....that younger Britney is gone...she had a breakdown....you know, it changed her....and basically she has been restricted, pulled back, turned into a puppet for her labels own gain....Circus showcased this restriction...and the fact Femme Fatale had some great songs throughout, she was restricted to Max Martin primarily b her label...despite her actually in the studio with William "Madonna- Ray Of Light partner" Orbit and Rusko (MIA) and i think Diplo (MIA, Santigold...you name it...) but instead had a more "commercial" take on her vision...if that makes sense....i still stand by that FF is such a strong Dance album full of carefree attitude, eccentricity and quirky fun but man how restricted she was too.....but i feel that hopefully The X Factor will get Britney to find an alternative to what she did do....

I mean we all know she cannot dance like she used to....BUT she can dance and perform differently if given the right dedication...i mean she doesnt have to have expertly choreographed routines like MJ or Madonna or even her earlier days BUT she can work out newer ways to command the stage and minimalise routines perhaps...and flat shoes work so much better...she used to only perform in her "Britney Sneakers" and then she worked out how to do heels from 2002 onwards an that then did her leg in :/

But its working out how to do it...i mean Madonna and Prince are massive influences on her....REINVENT YOURSELF BRITNEY :) shake the style up, the hair up, the vocals a bit (less vocoder reliance and more for "effects" really) that will help with live eprformances....use a backing track with live voice rather than relying on playback too much :/

Anyways we will see....i mean she is 31 now, she is still young and able to focus on the next step to take musically...i predict new material August/September and a winter album release....maybe ;) :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy18 wrote: »

You know im gonna contradict what i said earlier and actually i just played Femme Fatale and actually it does still sound really solid with its Electro/Synthy punches and swanky grooves.

Id rank my Britney albums like this -

1 - In The Zone
    2 - Blackout
    3 - Femme Fatale
    4 - Britney
    5 - Baby One More Time
    6 - Oops!
    7 - Circus

I think that is how i will do it....Britney does have a couple fillers on it and Circus has a handful of solid tunes on it...so do OIDIA and BOMT but tbh they are her three weakest i feel by a landslide.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The super producer Danja is on board for album 8...... WOOO HOOO... I think we are heading for Blackout 2.0!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britney Spears and Jason Trawick have broken up ... TMZ has learned.

The couple got engaged back in 2011. Trawick started out as Britney's agent, the duo started dating and he eventually became her co-conservator along with her dad, Jamie Spears.

Multiple sources connected to the couple tell TMZ ..... Jason didn't want to make the announcement until he was taken off the conservatorship. Interestingly, lawyers for the conservatorship are in court right now, along with Britney's dad, Jamie Spears, so it's possible Jason will be removed today.

Sources say it was a "friendly breakup" and Britney and Jason will remain friends. As for why they split, we're told they just "grew apart."

The timing's pretty interesting considering Brit recently changed agencies, heading to CAA ... an indication Trawick was no longer involved in managing her career.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/11/britney-spears-jason-trawick-break-up-split-divorce/#ixzz2HiHMnE5P
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the only way is up.

NO X Fctor

split up, Conservator ship changes....

Britney is in the studio....lets hope its all influenced and Britney is growing into herself :cool:
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is a shame, i thought Britney would marry and have a baby with him

Oh well. It wasn';t a bitter breakup

Glad she has quit XFUSA, and now on to another amazing album
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's sad new for them saw them going te distance but they seem resigned to it and willing to be friends so it's not eaxctly a K-Fed scenario :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been galore with Britney news since yesterday.... Firstly, I gotta say is that it's a shame when two people break up and fall out of love but as long they're happy with their decision then good luck to them! Secondly, I think it's brilliant news that britney has decided to depart from The X Facor USA as I think the show is beneath her and its much better that she gets back to doing what she does best! Thirdly, it's amazing that Britney's set to score her 6th UK chart topper this Sunday!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    umr3000 wrote: »
    It's been galore with Britney news since yesterday.... Firstly, I gotta say is that it's a shame when two people break up and fall out of love but as long they're happy with their decision then good luck to them! Secondly, I think it's brilliant news that britney has decided to depart from The X Facor USA as I think the show is beneath her and its much better that she gets back to doing what she does best! Thirdly, it's amazing that Britney's set to score her 6th UK chart topper this Sunday!!!

Yup....will that tie her with Kylie then? :eek::cool: The Pop Princesses tied together would be slick!

ANd i have noticed ever since The X Factor US has finalised and S&S is set to top the charts the past week has had new Britney news for each of the days! Crazy...but we all love the crazy ;) Anyways heres to New Britney and new music!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yup....will that tie her with Kylie then? :eek::cool: The Pop Princesses tied together would be slick!

ANd i have noticed ever since The X Factor US has finalised and S&S is set to top the charts the past week has had new Britney news for each of the days! Crazy...but we all love the crazy ;) Anyways heres to New Britney and new music!

Not quite JP Kylie has 7 (let me count :D) yes 7 3 in the 80's and 00's 1 in the 90's :)

Yeah hopefull there is a resurgence in popularity for her she has managed to attain a hold on the public conciousness for a while but was starting to become nostalgia FF and the lack of impact did much to turn the tide. But now with XF and S&S people are seeing a new side to her and rembering or being introduced to her as a popstar who had great fresh and exciting music so she needs to really capitalise on this and go forth and conqour if KM can come back from the brink Britney damn sure can.
  • Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    Britney is #1!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Anyone have a list of Britneys biggest selling uk singles?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love how everyone is saying Britney is number 1. No-one cares about Will.IAM.

I hope Britney has a massive comeback in the UK. Hopefully this will be a start of more UK promo?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it is mainly Britney headed and WIlliam is definitely on fire atm with two number 1s and Voice UK coming up :) but Britney is the star on topic definitely :D That is what pulled attention towards the song anyhow :)

And hopfully this will get her label to go HEY Britney has been in the top 5 for weeks and now is number 1...next album we need British promo for Britney! I think Scream & Shout has been a Worldwide life saver in many terms of the expression...it saves her from having Femme Fatale attention and exmapnding to potential Circus style attention again and next time we may hit bigger than all three of her previous albums :)...we will see but i hope :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's hoping Britney's team get's it's act together and makes sure Britney actively promotes her new music in Europe especially here in the UK! It's ime to stop playing it safe and get out there.

Congrats on Britney for achieving her 6th official UK number one single!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh definitely JP her being on this song made it and in turn saved her and shone a light directly in her direction and any negative press from the x factor etc has been over shadowed as it is slaying in all corners. Hopefully she really pushes new music in a way she hasn't since ITZ Circus the big comeback for me was a damp squib that left a sour taste in the mouth. I want aswell if it is not to much to ask good single choices, big videos, personality filled performances, and actual push from the label and her self she has been given a life line and an opportunity she needs to use it.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    umr3000 wrote: »
    The super producer Danja is on board for album 8...... WOOO HOOO... I think we are heading for Blackout 2.0!!

I CANNOT WAIT :D
    Andy18 wrote: »

Mine too. In fact I'd rank them as:

Blackout
    Femme Fatale
    In The Zone
    Britney
    Circus
    Oops I Did It Again
    Baby One More Time
    Rob1985 wrote: »
    Britney is #1!

Woohoo :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Oh definitely JP her being on this song made it and in turn saved her and shone a light directly in her direction and any negative press from the x factor etc has been over shadowed as it is slaying in all corners. Hopefully she really pushes new music in a way she hasn't since ITZ Circus the big comeback for me was a damp squib that left a sour taste in the mouth. I want aswell if it is not to much to ask good single choices, big videos, personality filled performances, and actual push from the label and her self she has been given a life line and an opportunity she needs to use it.

Its funny myself and MCA discussed a couple months back when S&S premiered that Britney sounded a lot like she was echoing La Grace Jones with her tone/accent and only today got me thinking...why oesnt Britney perhaps conceptualise an album (doesnt have to be heavily conceptualised) around an alter persona like Madonna did with Dita on Erotica and Bowie with Ziggy or Thin White DUke and have fun that way? Incorporate Studio 54 style sounds/roughness and bring an Urban/Disco kinda clash. I reckon it would be really interesting for her to do....i mean Stateside she sells well regardless, but i think WW something interesting and insane and expreminental with a Britney edge will do her wonders.....Scream & Shout not only is her saving "grace" but also a great launch pad for her 8th album :eek::cool: Maybe i am thinking too deep and contextual for a Britney album...but she has hit that direction before on ITZ and Blackout....why not embark into more insane(er) territory?

And totally ITZ sold over 600,000 in the UK i think despite it being her lowest charting album to date (FF second) but she was over here on CDUK and the Norton Show and radio and TOTP promoting ITZ material and singles, she was a force and I hope her label push for it i really really do :)

Anyways thats my two cents again XD