Panasonic autoswitch hdmi

Hi,

I have a panasonic TX-L42E5B, fantastic tv and am very happy with it, 1 problem tho, when i switch the tv on and then switch my freesat hdr1000s on which is connected via HDMI1 it autoswitches to that channel, now tahts not a problem when first switching on as i watch mostly via the freeat box, my problem comes when i want to watch via the tv itself but leave the freesat box switched on, i press the tv button or the av select and select tv from the list, now it stays on the tv for a bit but then all ov a suddon will auto switch back to the freesat, is there anyway i can stop this other than not connecting it to HDMI1.... as i like the fact it switches direct to freesat when first on but not when i have manually selected the tv input but then still autoswitches back..

any help would b great

Thanks in advance
Mark

Comments

• grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Try connecting the box to a hdmi port other than hdmi1. On Panasonic TV's hdmi1 auto selects on port activity the others require cec capable kit to auto select.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    Try connecting the box to a hdmi port other than hdmi1.

yep think thats gonna b my only option, altho i do believe i would lose the auto switch to freesat when first switchin on, altho i think i can set the tv to switch to AV when switch on as opposed to TV, will have a fiddle soon :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    markdyer72 wrote: »
    yep think thats gonna b my only option, altho i do believe i would lose the auto switch to freesat when first switchin on, altho i think i can set the tv to switch to AV when switch on as opposed to TV, will have a fiddle soon :D

Yes you will - see edit. And yes you can set a Panny to select AV on switch on.
    Forum Member
    Yes you will - see edit. And yes you can set a Panny to select AV on switch on.

cool do u know if the freesat hdr1000s is CEC capable, and if so if i had that on HDMI2 and switch tv on and then the freesat box would it auto come on then.....i know i could try it but tv's in use wi daughter at min, till a bit later
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,330
    Forum Member
    Hi,

I have a panasonic TX-L42E5B, fantastic tv and am very happy with it, 1 problem tho, when i switch the tv on and then switch my freesat hdr1000s on which is connected via HDMI1 it autoswitches to that channel, now tahts not a problem when first switching on as i watch mostly via the freeat box, my problem comes when i want to watch via the tv itself but leave the freesat box switched on, i press the tv button or the av select and select tv from the list, now it stays on the tv for a bit but then all ov a suddon will auto switch back to the freesat, is there anyway i can stop this other than not connecting it to HDMI1.... as i like the fact it switches direct to freesat when first on but not when i have manually selected the tv input but then still autoswitches back..

As already suggested - use a port other than HDMI1 (or disable auto-switching in the menu) - Panasonic's use a crude auto-switching method on HDMI, which just looks for any signal on the port and jumps to it.
    Forum Member
    As already suggested - use a port other than HDMI1 (or disable auto-switching in the menu) - Panasonic's use a crude auto-switching method on HDMI, which just looks for any signal on the port and jumps to it.

i havent found a setting to switch it off and after much googling i am not sure ethere is a way of switching it off, some say switching viera link off does the trick but it didnt :) lol ill try on hdmi2 and see what happens, just mean renaming my inputs lol..... i could put the dvd player on 1 as thats very seldom switched on lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cool do u know if the freesat hdr1000s is CEC capable, and if so if i had that on HDMI2 and switch tv on and then the freesat box would it auto come on then.....i know i could try it but tv's in use wi daughter at min, till a bit later

No cec on any humax pvr's
    Forum Member

okie dokie thx for that, think will just pop it on HDMI2 well until the recording issue is fixed etc....
    Forum Member

Nor on Sky boxes either - are they any CEC capable satellite boxes?.
    Forum Member
    well have just swapped the HDMI cables and put it in HDMI2 and renamed them, i went to change TV to come on AV but thats not good as only comes on AV/HDMI1 if signal input, just means will have to press an extra button to get freesat on, not the end the world :D

i would have thought that when u manually switch the tv back to tv inpuit it shouldnt then autoswitch back to freesat on hdmi1, wonder if there a setting in the freesat box that sends a signal to tv maybe
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nor on Sky boxes either - are they any CEC capable satellite boxes?.

I would be surprised if the Panasonic Freesat+ boxes don't.
  • iangradiangrad Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would be surprised if the Panasonic Freesat+ boxes don't.

If you are referring to the DMR series of hard drive recorders with built in bluray drives then yes they are fully CEC compliant and auto switch over as required . This range is long since discontinued in favour of the Freeview HD models but the still work very well in you come across one .
    Forum Member
    iangrad wrote: »
    If you are referring to the DMR series of hard drive recorders with built in bluray drives then yes they are fully CEC compliant and auto switch over as required . This range is long since discontinued in favour of the Freeview HD models but the still work very well in you come across one .

BD generally supports CEC (obviously except for ones that pre-dated it), but presumably the DVD version would have as well?.
  • iangradiangrad Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BD generally supports CEC (obviously except for ones that pre-dated it), but presumably the DVD version would have as well?.

Yes the HDD recorders with built in DVD are also CEC ( viera link ) compatible . All these models are single Freeview tuner apart from the rare 380 model that was twin tuners .