Revenge Season 3 US Pace (possible spoilers in this thread)

Comments

• margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sometimes read a recap to decide whether to watch. Glad I did with Homeland as I don't want to watch that.

With this I read up to the wedding and decided to watch to see if the shooter surprised me.He didn't. From what I read it was getting impossibly implausible that Emily could be in love with 3 men. That is why they brought in a love interest for Daniel which didn't ring true and seemed rushed.

I like the chemistry between Jack and Emily. His conversation about forgiving to finally move on: so we now know he kept being angry at all because he didn't want to let go.

I have always felt that they have spanned this out far too long. It would only really have taken Emily 1 season to get her revenge. I can't see how they can spin out another season

I hope Aiden leaves as he is far too James Bond to be remotely interesting. I like Jack and Emily's chemistry which is built on friendship. The trouble getting is they have had few scenes together: hopefully that will change. However it happens I can see Maiden becoming jealous of Jack and turning against Emily.

IPatrick is also a conundrum as we really don't know who he really is so there are many directions they can take him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    I enjoy revenge but at this point I just wish she would actually get some form of revenge. Shooting Daniel or killing her own sister to make Victoria and Conrad really suffer and at the same time put them both in prison for life. That's the type of revenge I want for Amanda. When She took all of their money, nothing really happened. They weren't affected by it at all. Apart from a tiny bit of humiliation for Victoria, they sold a few paintings and they are rich again. Hardly worth the effort really. I think the best thing for the show is for them to tie up the loose ends, actually put a bit of revenge into the show as it just seems like they skirt around the revenge and never get to it. Otherwise, I think they will lose viewers.
  • lovetochatlovetochat Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was really underwhelmed by the midseason finale.

It was obvious there was going to be a "screwup" as Emily's not very good at Revenge towards the key players, only the minor ones who don't really matter. She couldn't even handle Lydia ^_^ and now Lydia is setting herself up as the new "Queen of the Hamptons" joining forces with Victoria probably to crush Emily.

As for the shooter - who else would it have been? Conrad likes her, it couldn't be Victoria as she was the one being framed and Charlotte (despite the so called bitch makeover) was never up to the task. Aiden had a new life planned and the only other person was Jack who obviously still loves her and would never intentionally shoot her.The only person Emily could have apologised to was Daniel. We knew she said she was sorry before being shot anyway from the first episode.

The irony is that Victoria will probably gladly be framed to protect Daniel so it's hardly satisfied the Revenge agenda as Victoria might be happy to go down for the shooting. Even if Daniel does get jailed, which in seriously doubt, it's not enough to avenge David Clark's framing and murder, as he DID shoot her.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,267
    Forum Member
    lovetochat wrote: »
    Was really underwhelmed by the midseason finale.

It was obvious there was going to be a "screwup" as Emily's not very good at Revenge towards the key players, only the minor ones who don't really matter. She couldn't even handle Lydia ^_^ and now Lydia is setting herself up as the new "Queen of the Hamptons" joining forces with Victoria probably to crush Emily.

As for the shooter - who else would it have been? Conrad likes her, it couldn't be Victoria as she was the one being framed and Charlotte (despite the so called bitch makeover) was never up to the task. Aiden had a new life planned and the only other person was Jack who obviously still loves her and would never intentionally shoot her.The only person Emily could have apologised to was Daniel. We knew she said she was sorry before being shot anyway from the first episode.

The irony is that Victoria will probably gladly be framed to protect Daniel so it's hardly satisfied the Revenge agenda as Victoria might be happy to go down for the shooting. Even if Daniel does get jailed, which in seriously doubt, it's not enough to avenge David Clark's framing and murder, as he DID shoot her.

No way. Someone else will be thrown to the wolves. Probably the French chick or Lydia. After watching the preview for the next episode, i think the amnesia is a ruse.
  • lovetochatlovetochat Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CPW4EVER wrote: »
    A David Clark resurrection would be the modern day equivalent of Bobby Ewing showing up in the shower. I'm sure that whatever viewers were left would turn off in their droves.
    Otis Hill wrote: »
    Emily loses her memory when she is found, she will cling to Jack and that'll set them up as end game like everyone expects

Surely the spoiler is the same as the first point? I mean
    Emily losing her memory washes out most of the season and could possibly make her forget Revenge altogether depending on how far back her memory loss goes.

The episode has reopened Emily and Jack romance but I doubt Aiden would just let her go.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she's going to genuinely lose her memory.

But, although 70% of the episode was rather forgettable and simply treading water for that final 10 minutes or so (like a lot of the episodes unfortunately), I do think good things came of it.

I really can't see how the show can continue beyond this season, since even though they have no idea about Emily's identity or her revenge yet, they know she was plotting something and didn't love Daniel because she had ulterior motives. This moves the show into new places, which is great. Emily slyly swanning around Grayson parties has been well and truly explored. :D

So, god only knows where the story will go from here. But that's a good thing, I think. The show hasn't been unpredictable for a while.
    Although, part of me thinks they're going to announce that season 4 will be a new story with a new cast. Unless they just focus on someone else within this cast.
    Maybe a lot of the rest of the season will be Lydia vs Victoria, Aidan vs Jack.

Patrick and Nolan... yawn. Daniel and Sara... yawn. Conrad and Lydia... yawn.

If anyone else is used as a scapegoat, I hope it's Lydia. The woman annoys me with her monotonous line delivery.

Of course we knew it would all go wrong, that was kind of the point. Although, the whole Sara suicide thing was contrived (more than most of the Sara stuff), at first I thought it would be Jack on the phone up to something.

So even if the show ends this season, wherever they take the show for the remaining 12 episodes should be very interesting. Whether that's good interesting, we'll just have to see. :D

The worrying thing about this is that they might try to undo a lot of this progress and have Emily have it faked by doctors to say she really was pregnant, and Emily was only lashing out because of Victoria's bitchy attitude etc.
  • miffy_1306miffy_1306 Posts: 2,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I loved this episode! :)

So many questions now! Will Lydia keep quiet? Will Victoria know she was chloroformed? Will Daniel try and get Aiden set up for the shooting? Will Charlotte think it was Daniel? Will Patrick get that safe open and find the infinity box?

I think the amnesia is faked.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Well, I wasn't expecting that. Daniel might have some form for shooting people but even I didn't think he'd be the one to actually shoot Emily. Great twist, though the dress coming off seemed a little OTT though.

Emily made the mistake of gloating to Victoria before her plan had come to fruition. Villains make that one all the time and I guess so do antiheroes like Emily do as well.

Daniel pretty much screwed himself over though by shooting Emily. As for the Sara subplot, I guess that will continue into the second half along with Lydia as well for good measure.

Lydia got her house back, Conrad back and managed to give Victoria some ammunition as well. I guess she is a bit dangerous after all.

Jack's self-pitying can get lost now. I'm bored watching him feeling sorry for himself but I did like him and Aiden trying to find Emily at the end.

Nice to see Patrick again but it does look like he might be trouble for Nolan though if he opens that safe.

Charlotte had bugger all to really do but overall, I loved this one, 9/10
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with the comment above. Amanda needs to get some form of revenge now. Kill of Daniel. He has become a spare part, make Victoria suffer.

Think Patrick will open the safe and find out something worth blackmail Nolan over. I think he does care for him though so will not reveal anything.

Charlotte is also like a spare part and IMO Lydia coming back is just a waste. We could have had someone else play Lydia's part. I preferred it when she was dead.

Finding myself "skip watching" the episodes now. Meaning I watch on fast forward and stop on an interesting scene.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Well, I wasn't expecting that. Daniel might have some form for shooting people but even I didn't think he'd be the one to actually shoot Emily. Great twist, though the dress coming off seemed a little OTT though.

:D The way she fell off the boat was a little too glamorous after being shot twice.
    But I suspect maybe Emily's ninja training will come back into play and we'll find she pulled the dress off on purpose. :p

I've just read an interview with the show runner and I'm glad he understands that the show has reached a stage where Emily needs to see some success with her vengeance against the Grayson's and he's promised she will get something by the end of the season.

Like many others I'm hoping for the death of Daniel. :D
  • Queen MaeveQueen Maeve Posts: 22,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I am glad so many of you felt like me about ths Finale - "meh".

I had discounted Daniel for being the 'bleeding obvious'then I was reading Eonline who said 'we'd be shocked and we'd never guess the shooter' and narrowed down the short list to 4 - well again I discounted Daniel.

So now we have the prospect of amnesia.
    I think the 3 Eps in January are a mini-series according to an interview Sunil Nayar did months ago, so I don't see the amnesia lasting long, but it will be a means to mess with certain storylines and set up a slight re-connection between Emily & Jack - memories of their childhood **sigh**.

EVC has also hinted that she may get her memory back but choose to pretend she hasn't, more opportunities to mess with people.

The move to 10pm on Sundays in March does not augar well for increased viewing. I think ABC know that the show has reached a plateau but will probably give it a 4th season and syndication rights. Th 10pm Sunday slot means they have an established show with a fanbase, as opposed to some of the short-lived offerings they've had here.

I really do wish Sunil Nayar would just be brave and shake this show up. I'm bored with self-righteous Jack and the assumed 'endgame' that Jack & Emily are supposed to be.Emily needs to be more strident and badass and quit whimpering around the floppy haired height challenged barman.>:(
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Jack is boring.

Emily would be better off with Aiden at this point.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Daniel being the shooter will shake the show up. As long as they don't go back on this development and have her forge a relationship with him all over again.

At this point she's confessed to having ulterior motives so no doubt she'll have to be more creative with her revenge as she can't act like a friend anymore with her relationship with Daniel. But something tells me she'll say she only said that out of frustration with Victoria or something. Fingers crossed they don't and they actually move the show forwards.

The later timeslot also gives them a bit more leeway to be a bit "darker", it's gotten a little too standard soap opera in the last two seasons. The first season started and had elements of a dark thriller type show. Wish they'd get back to that and tone down on the camp. Of course it's a part of it, but it becomes Dynasty-lite when they overly focus in it.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    I think Daniel being the shooter will shake the show up. As long as they don't go back on this development and have her forge a relationship with him all over again.

I think Daniel is a dead end to be honest. He isn't smart enough to manipulate others to extricate himself from his current guilt, shame and attempted murder charge. Also, he will happily sit back and let his mum take the fall for him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    007Fusion wrote: »
    I think Daniel is a dead end to be honest. He isn't smart enough to manipulate others to extricate himself from his current guilt, shame and attempted murder charge. Also, he will happily sit back and let his mum take the fall for him.

The character's a dead end, but him being the shooter has entirely changed the focus of the show so is actually a big thing.

No more can Emily use a false relationship with him as her facade to act nice with the Grayson's. No more can she swan around making eyes at Grayson parties.

Therefore the show now has to find more creative ways of telling the stories between them since Emily has openly told Victoria she has other motives. It completely flips their interactions from now on.

It's more like all out war now. :D

Daniel can easily be dispensed with, I have a feeling he'll die at the end of this season anyway. But removing him from play is quite a fundamental thing being the major plot device that he is. :p
  • boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The character's a dead end, but him being the shooter has entirely changed the focus of the show so is actually a big thing.

No more can Emily use a false relationship with him as her facade to act nice with the Grayson's. No more can she swan around making eyes at Grayson parties.

Therefore the show now has to find more creative ways of telling the stories between them since Emily has openly told Victoria she has other motives. It completely flips their interactions from now on.

It's more like all out war now. :D

Daniel can easily be dispensed with, I have a feeling he'll die at the end of this season anyway. But removing him from play is quite a fundamental thing being the major plot device that he is. :p

apparently Josh Bowman is trying to pitch a Daniel death by the end of the season because his character has flip-flopped the most

I loved season 1 because of the potential of Daniel's relationship with Emily set in a glamorous society

but with that gone there's nothing really exciting about the show left for me
    Forum Member
    The episode was really good. I like that the
    amnesia didn't even last a whole episode
    and i just knew that Patrick would
    have to choose between Nolan and Victoria and that he would choose mommie dearest
    The preview for next episode looks huge with
    Victoria having Emily's infinity box
    though there's no way that secret is being let out of the bag so soon.
    Forum Member
    Forgot to add in my above post that CHARLOTTE IS THE STUPIDEST CHARACTER ON TELEVISION ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD RIGHT NOW! How can she not put two and two together?
  • Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Aiden been double crossing Emily or something? Either way I'm guessing his new squeeze will be the end of him an emily and the start of emily and jack
  • margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hadn't realized how much I wanted Jack to go and see her till he said it wasn't a good idea.

We also had the twist on true love's kiss when Maiden seeing her did not bring back memories but Jack giving her something she had given him did. However I can not understand why Jack keeps calling her Emily when he knows she is Amanda: their childhood connection was the strongest one.

The actress portraying Aiden's friend was in the Sarah Connor chronicles and I think her s/l had a lot to do with sinking that ship. I just found her so wooden.

Perhaps I missed something but wasn't she trying to kill Emily? Daniel doesn't appear to want to finish the job so she can't be working for him. As to her sister: she really is a joke as a character. I really couldn't believe that not even the smidgen of an idea crossed her mind.

Still overall I enjoyed this episode more than the others in the season. It will be moving to 10.pm apparently so we will see how it does in the ratings.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great episode. Revenge is moving in the right direction. FINALLY the plot has been moving so much.

Emily surviving in the ocean and making it to the emergency box thing was a huge eye roll moment but it's things I've come to expect from Revenge so I'll let it slide. :D

Patrick and Nolan, so boring, but now it's playing right in the middle of the main plot so it has some purpose.

I loved Victoria finally losing her cool and laying into Lydia, have we seen her have a cat fight before?

I sense we are seeing the start of Aidan's exit plot, though I really don't know where this plot with his friend is going. My first thought was she is a jealous ex who is trying to kill Emily so she can be with Aidan. Hopefully it's something a little bit more imaginative than that.

Emily revealing the name David Clarke to Charlotte (:eek: Revenge managed to surprise me! :D). Though I'm surprised she didn't twig straight away, it was only 3 episodes ago we were supposed to be convinced that Charlotte was suspicious of Emily. In that sense I'm bored of this character changing week on week depending on what the plot requires.

I love that her shooting has finally blown open the formula the show found itself stuck in and the show can play with a new dynamic of Emily being an open enemy.
    Something tells me Nolan is baiting Victoria with the box, she'll open it and find some jewellery or something mundane.

Lydia taking the fall was predictable, most people saw that as the reason she came back. Hopefully she stays gone, the actress is painful. Though I did enjoy the mirroring to what Victoria had to do with David Clarke.

I was convinced the amnesia was a fake, but I presume she's going to keep up the act for a little while now that she's remembering. I don't see why Jack didn't just call her Amanda and remind her of her father, rather than the charade and then it most likely would have worked better for her remembering what the purpose of her mission is.

I really don't know where the show can go from here but I'm intrigued to find out.
    Hopefully the later timeslot allows it to let its darker side out a bit more now and less on the fluff.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Forgot to add in my above post that CHARLOTTE IS THE STUPIDEST CHARACTER ON TELEVISION ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD RIGHT NOW! How can she not put two and two together?

How?

She believed the real Amanda Clarke died. What reason would she have to believe that Emily Thorne is the real Amanda Clarke?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    007Fusion wrote: »
    How?

She believed the real Amanda Clarke died. What reason would she have to believe that Emily Thorne is the real Amanda Clarke?

When Emily said "My father's name is David Clarke" perhaps? :p

I mean from the characters viewpoint it's a confusing mess, so I wouldn't automatically think she should assume Emily is Amanda but you'd think it would set off her suspicion alarms again but she seems quite casual about it. Or maybe that's just the actress failing to portray the material properly.
  • EESuperFanEESuperFan Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping that Emily was faking the amnesia thing because like 5 of my shows this season have done a memory loss story line and i'm sick of them. But it doesn't seem like they're dragging it out which is good.

and joe_zel my thoughts exactly with Emily making it to the emergency box. :D

great episode overall.
    Forum Member
    When Emily said "My father's name is David Clarke" perhaps? :p

I mean from the characters viewpoint it's a confusing mess, so I wouldn't automatically think she should assume Emily is Amanda but you'd think it would set off her suspicion alarms again but she seems quite casual about it. Or maybe that's just the actress failing to portray the material properly.

When she told Jack "She seemed so sure" I actually burst out laughing. What an idiot.