Bygones (ITV Anglia)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,346
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Nice to see a return of one of the original ITV series, Bygones, on tonight. I remember it years ago when Dick Joyce presented it :o

Glad they've kept it to a similar style and Dick Joyce's assistant (forgot his name) is now presenting and, better still, his assistant is Wendy Hurrell :D

Good to see a proper regional show back on TV again, thankfully able to be viewed all over the uk thanks to Sky digital :)

Comments

• TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Guv wrote: »
    Nice to see a return of one of the original ITV series, Bygones, on tonight. I remember it years ago when Dick Joyce presented it :o

Glad they've kept it to a similar style and Dick Joyce's assistant (forgot his name) is now presenting and, better still, his assistant is Wendy Hurrell :D

Good to see a proper regional show back on TV again, thankfully able to be viewed all over the uk thanks to Sky digital :)
    Crikey I remember Dick Joycs :) that reminds me of when I was a kitten......
  • sausageearssausageears Posts: 46
    Forum Member

I hated Bygones as a kid.

Along with the dreadful Romper Room and the dreaded Farming Diary ,these 3 awful programmes blocked up the Anglia schedules every weekday afternoon and on Sundays so that while other regions had hour slots vacant for non network shows and they were showing the ITC series and US imports Anglia viewers suffered because the remaining half hour slot was too short for any decent series
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Along with the dreadful Romper Room and the dreaded Farming Diary

The Romper Room ARGH :eek: Miss Rosalind who had to leave after she had fun in her own romper Room and got pregnant :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crikey I remember Dick Joycs :) that reminds me of when I was a kitten......

lol :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Romper Room ARGH :eek: Miss Rosalind who had to leave after she had fun in her own romper Room and got pregnant :D

haha :D I remember that programme. Seem to also recall it was done on a shoestring budget. Didn't she have a mirror without the glass (could have been a tennis racket without strings) - and looked through it and called out the kids names "I can see ....." :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Along with the dreadful Romper Room and the dreaded Farming Diary ,these 3 awful programmes blocked up the Anglia schedules every weekday afternoon and on Sundays so that while other regions had hour slots vacant for non network shows and they were showing the ITC series and US imports Anglia viewers suffered because the remaining half hour slot was too short for any decent series

Much better now that Wendy is in it :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member

What is it about bloody Wendy? My OH gets most upset when she isn't doing the weather :rolleyes:

(Won't tell him about Bygones :yawn:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And we in Yorkshire are stuck with Dales Diary and The Way We Were.

I'd like to see at least one ITV region come up with an brand new original series like a new soap or comedy, to be shown in that region only, with plenty of local references. That way a sense of regional pride may return to ITV! :)
  • PJMillarPJMillar Posts: 3,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And if that happens, it could be a risk in money, but it could just produce a national TV hit - because that's the way it started!
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

The guy's name is Eddie Anderson
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    If Bygones has come back what are the chances of the return of...

From Norwich it's the quiz of the week

Sale of the Century!! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Anglia's new Golden Girl, great to see her out of the weather studio;);)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member
    It would not surprise me if there wewre suddenly three or four other versions of Bygones popping up very soon.

One for STV North and south,
    One for YTV, TT, Border and Granada,
    One for Central and HTV Wales,
    One for London, Meridian, West and Westcountry (and Channel).
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldbod wrote: »
    Anglia's new Golden Girl, great to see her out of the weather studio;);)

Recently Wendy's been on OB's more on Anglia Tonight and they still keep the tradition of presenting the forecast outside the studio complex in Norwich.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haha :D I remember that programme. Seem to also recall it was done on a shoestring budget. Didn't she have a mirror without the glass (could have been a tennis racket without strings) - and looked through it and called out the kids names "I can see ....." :eek:
    She had to have a mirror without the glass as she couldnt read the autocue :D
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But is was a magic mirror Tabbythecat so it did not need any glass. From memory I think Miss Rosalyn's little rhyme went

Romper bomper stomper boo
    Tell me, tell me, tell me do
    Magic mirror, tell me today
    Have all my friends had fun at play,
    I can see, John, Jane, Mark, Kirsty . . . . . . . . etc., etc.

I remember a programme years ago when my lad was about 4 when the kiddies were rolling around on the floor making a lot of noise and shouting and one little boy lying on his back looking upward as she stood there could clearly be heard to say "Miss Rosalyn, I can see your knickers" :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We used to call Bygones 'Boring things from Norfolk'. Has it changed?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scrimmidge wrote: »
    We used to call Bygones 'Boring things from Norfolk'. Has it changed?

It wasn't just things from Norfolk
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caxton wrote: »
    But is was a magic mirror Tabbythecat so it did not need any glass. From memory I think Miss Rosalyn's little rhyme went

Romper bomper stomper boo
    Tell me, tell me, tell me do
    Magic mirror, tell me today
    Have all my friends had fun at play,
    I can see, John, Jane, Mark, Kirsty . . . . . . . . etc., etc.

I remember a programme years ago when my lad was about 4 when the kiddies were rolling around on the floor making a lot of noise and shouting and one little boy lying on his back looking upward as she stood there could clearly be heard to say "Miss Rosalyn, I can see your knickers" :D
    Yep Caxton you are word perfect with the rhyme
    or the time when they did the prayer and one kid says "my mummy told me not to do that" oh the wonders of live tv
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Recently Wendy's been on OB's more on Anglia Tonight and they still keep the tradition of presenting the forecast outside the studio complex in Norwich.

Great to see more of her. I noticed the fact that she wore short skirts in some of her outside broadcasts:rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would not surprise me if there wewre suddenly three or four other versions of Bygones popping up very soon.

One for STV North and south,
    One for YTV, TT, Border and Granada,
    One for Central and HTV Wales,
    One for London, Meridian, West and Westcountry (and Channel).

there were regional versions of "The Way we were", against each other. We used to watch Meridian and record Central for later
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldbod wrote: »
    Great to see more of her. I noticed the fact that she wore short skirts in some of her outside broadcasts:rolleyes::rolleyes:

She said she was 5 when the storm happened in 87 I didn't realise she was so young, she'll go far methinks
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    If Bygones has come back what are the chances of the return of...

From Norwich it's the quiz of the week

Sale of the Century!! :D
    It wouldnt be the same without the voice of John Benson who died in 1995 aged 67 :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boksbox wrote: »
    She said she was 5 when the storm happened in 87 I didn't realise she was so young, she'll go far methinks

She certainly will. I think she is one of the best reporters etc Anglia has.