to much debbie dingle!!

2»

Comments

• mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's like the thing with Chas, they over use a character to the point the viewers (me anyway) get really fed up with them
    For a start, she got over the trauma of her daughters illness and Cameron bedding her auntie far too quickly for my liking. She must also remember, while she ranted and raved about Cameron bedding Chas, she actually had a child with her ex. I know it was to save Sarah's life but for goodness sake, it's like double standards.

She lays the law down to Andy
    regarding the childrens access yet she is quite ok to "allow" him any time she wants him to have the children to suit her needs.

She was trying to portray herself as a vunerable women just doing her best to keep her business going and now, she wants to take on more. Too far fetched for me.

What I also can't understand is, as far as I can remember and I'm happy for someone to remind me or put me straight, didn't she forge papers to run the business that was Scott's? that is as well as the cottage. No one has ever mentioned that have they?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree

I have stopped watching
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    I'll say:rolleyes:!

You'd think that they'd have had her off screen or in the background for a while after all the massive storylines she's had recently, but nope, with hardly a minute to draw breath after the Cam/Chas stuff, she's changed her hair colour and personality overnight:yawn:! Ok so she's still miserable as usual but she was hardly a scheming con-woman before was she:rolleyes:?

Yep she was she frauduantly got the garage and the house too. Its a stupid storyline and im fed up of seeing her and listening to her moany voice. I used to love emmerdale until it turned into 'Dingledale'
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She must also remember, while she ranted and raved about Cameron bedding Chas, she actually had a child with her ex. I know it was to save Sarah's life but for goodness sake, it's like double standards.

It was also double standards when she was ranting and raving over Cameron & Chas because Debbie and Cameron had an affair while he was married with kids back in Jersey.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And of course business guru Charity is also a criminal mastermind and that's believable too, just like it's believable that when you swap sim cards in a phone, the IMEI number will not show up. If the police want to follow who grassed on the drugs bust at the couriers then they could, so Cain destroying the sim card is futile, but of course it's Emmerdale, none of this will happen, because it's only meth and they got a few arrests.
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never liked Debbie, but I used to be able to sympathise with her - difficult life, rotten parents, sick daughter, etc, etc...

But I really detest the new 'hard-faced-bitch' Debbie.

Kim Tate she ain't.
  • SoozycatSoozycat Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    The thread title reads like an after dinner toast in honour of much debbie dingle.

I thought the same thing ;)
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    The thread title reads like an after dinner toast in honour of much debbie dingle.

Ha ha! That's in fact the opposite of what the OP is saying!
  • AncalagonAncalagon Posts: 2,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gboy wrote: »
    I never liked Debbie, but I used to be able to sympathise with her - difficult life, rotten parents, sick daughter, etc, etc...

But I really detest the new 'hard-faced-bitch' Debbie.

Kim Tate she ain't.

I don't think she is meant to be another Kim Tate.

I actually enjoy watching Debbie, she is no more annoying than any other character who gets over exposed... :confused:
  • AncalagonAncalagon Posts: 2,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was also double standards when she was ranting and raving over Cameron & Chas because Debbie and Cameron had an affair while he was married with kids back in Jersey.

So I suppose if you met your current partner while they were with someone else, yet you fell totally in love with them, and despite all that you built a life together and thought you had a real future, you would not get upset at all then if that partner cheated on you with your aunt (or other relative) ?

You would just say, "oh well, I suppose what goes around comes around?"

I think not.
  • Moll FlandersMoll Flanders Posts: 1,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrGiles2 wrote: »
    Debbie Dingle has been on a lot lately. Now, with her hair darkened, it has made her features much darker as well. It has given her face a much harder look. Of course, this may be to do with the current plot in making Debbie a much darker and nastier character than she has been in the past.

I agree - every time I see her I think: Debbie, Debbie, what have you done to yourself? She used to be a pretty blonde - well, hard-faced but sitll pretty, with long blonde (dyed) hair a-la-Rapunzel. Now, all of a sudden, she has her hair dyed dark in a style that doesn't suit her, her make-up is AWFUL; with big thick slug-like eyebrows, and horrible spidery fake eyelashes, she look as hard as nails. The fact that she looks more emaciated than usual doesn't help, either; her face is gaunt. I dare say the new look is to fit in with her new tough personality, but it doesn't do anything for her. If I were Dom, I'd run a mile.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ancalagon wrote: »
    So I suppose if you met your current partner while they were with someone else, yet you fell totally in love with them, and despite all that you built a life together and thought you had a real future, you would not get upset at all then if that partner cheated on you with your aunt (or other relative) ?

You would just say, "oh well, I suppose what goes around comes around?"

I think not.

In Debbie's case, yes, I would, seeing as she is 100% unlikeable
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In Debbie's case, yes, I would, seeing as she is 100% unlikeable

I agree, I just can't feel sympathetic towards her. I never thought I'd feel sympathetic towards Chas actually, but somehow I do. And I think Cameron and Chas were kind of thrown together because of the really extreme circumstances that Debbie put them in.
    Isnt the hair colour change a thing we women do when we have a big change in our lives?
    Can't stand the way she parades around the garage talking to her staff like she does.
  • Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    she's the only character I can honestly say.. yip, you deserved that.... and I agree, the makeover, has ended up like a scene from 'Whatever happened to BabyJane' yikes...
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    When shes in the garage whos looking after the kids??? If its day time it cant be Andy as he will be working on the farm.You never see her say shes taking baby Jack to the baby clinic to get weighed...or going out to buy baby food or clothes........and I wish she would stop with the false eyelashes they are really annoying :rolleyes:
  • kushtiimayteekushtiimaytee Posts: 9,732
    Forum Member
    I like the character and the actress BUT yes she does need to take a back seat for a while.

Sarah seems to be cured thanks to Jack and end of story. :rolleyes:
    Would have thought Debbie would have been a li-itle on edge despite Sarah's treatment working.
    But no, sod her daughter, sod her newborn son, just focus on getting her aunt sent down just because she stole her man and focus on double crossing a strange man because she wants more money. :rolleyes:
  • FrankieSFrankieS Posts: 499
    Forum Member
    Terrible actress and, since she came back t'other week, her eyes/eyebrows have looked strange....however, one can never get enough of Debbie....grrrr.