Live Premier League Games 2012/13

Comments

• Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    What has happened before when England have played a mid may test match, it must have happened before, which relegated final day of premier league to SS3.

Saying that i got a feeling, this years first test match, has been bought forward a week than it would normally.

Actually yes, as last years first test of the summer, was the final of the champions league

The PL finished earlier last season anyway (it does in even years to fit in the summer competition) so hard to do a precise comparison.
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The PL finished earlier last season anyway (it does in even years to fit in the summer competition) so hard to do a precise comparison.

Ooh well i guess ive just started another debate in here, but it wasnt until earlier i realised the final weekend of premier league fixtures, collided with a test match, and i no theres a rule saying England Cricket has to be on SS1 or SS2, and whatever sky do, they are gonna get people on here moaning
    Forum Member
    Ooh well i guess ive just started another debate in here, but it wasnt until earlier i realised the final weekend of premier league fixtures, collided with a test match, and i no theres a rule saying England Cricket has to be on SS1 or SS2, and whatever sky do, they are gonna get people on here moaning

Some evenings/days Sky have a four way clash anyway, its just going to happen every now and again.

If Sky choose to show three matches then by default one of them isnt going to be on SS1 or 2 no matter what else is clashing.
  • JudioJudio Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember one of the matches only being available on the Red Button a few years ago !!!
  • Steve WilliamsSteve Williams Posts: 11,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the Premier League will be pleased that this weekend is a international break, with the snow which is forecast throughout the country on Friday and Saturday, it could have caused another whole lot of problems

We haven't lost a single Premier League match this season due to snow and I doubt any snow this weekend would be worse than what we've had so far.
    Judio wrote: »
    I remember one of the matches only being available on the Red Button a few years ago !!!

When they've shown three matches on the last day, one has been on the red button. They've certainly shown the second game on SS3 before - in 2006, they had Man U vs Charlton on SS1 (a terrible, terrible choice) and Arsenal vs Wigan on SS3. If it annoys BT viewers so be it. They'd be more fed up losing a day of the test match to a second choice PL match that could end up meaningless.
  • mlt11mlt11 Posts: 21,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone on another forum has just pointed out a potential solution for Sky

Chelsea v Tottenham on THURSDAY April 18th

They are both on Sky the following Sunday

Very clever idea - Sky would obviously love that solution - would set up a really strong midweek trebleheader:

Tue: Arsenal v Everton
    Wed: West Ham v Man Utd
    Thur: Chelsea v Spurs
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky May schedules are out - pretty obvious really for final day:

SS1 - PL game 1
    SS2 - Eng v NZ cricket
    SS3 - PL game 2
    SS4 - Rome Masters tennis final
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignore.
  • loyalsinceloyalsince Posts: 6,051
    Forum Member
    mlt11 wrote: »
    Very clever idea - Sky would obviously love that solution - would set up a really strong midweek trebleheader:

Tue: Arsenal v Everton
    Wed: West Ham v Man Utd
    Thur: Chelsea v Spurs

David Jones will be happy! At least all three games would be in London
  • JudioJudio Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky May schedules are out - pretty obvious really for final day:

SS1 - PL game 1
    SS2 - Eng v NZ cricket
    SS3 - PL game 2
    SS4 - Rome Masters tennis final

Where is the League 1 Play Off Final (or will it be at 1 ??)
  • stevvy1986stevvy1986 Posts: 7,077
    Forum Member

Good question. Maybe at 12 or 12.30? That way it covers 90mins, added time, extra time, penalties, celebrations etc before the PL games (admittedly I'm going off last season where we FINALLY won on penalties in that extraordinary shootout at about 5.56pm or something like that). That also allows build up to the PL games.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Where is the play off final this year, if its at wembley, arent UEFA bothered about that 2 week thing
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where is the play off final this year, if its at wembley, arent UEFA bothered about that 2 week thing

They are at Wembley. Apparently UEFA have given special dispensation which allows the games to be played at Wembley despite it being during the 2 week period when they like to have control of the stadium ahead of the CL Final.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Im guessing at a push the play off Final will be on SS3, if the schedule was to happen like its been mentioned on here.

As long as the coverage of the second match started at 2.55 i guess that would do.

If lets say maybe this is me wishing, here, if the Test Match finished by lunchtime on the sunday, could Sky suddenly rejig channels
  • seagull_Markseagull_Mark Posts: 3,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's a 1.15 kick off. Meaning the programme is only on from 1pm til 3.30. Which means that we will be lucky to see the trophy lifted.

For an indication as to how stupid the scheduling is for this, tune into the Johnstones Paint Trophy final in April as they're doing exactly the same for that. Remember how rushed the post match was for the League Cup final earlier this year? That had 15 minutes more post match than the above two games as well! Very poorly treated.
    Forum Member
    It's a 1.15 kick off. Meaning the programme is only on from 1pm til 3.30. Which means that we will be lucky to see the trophy lifted.

For an indication as to how stupid the scheduling is for this, tune into the Johnstones Paint Trophy final in April as they're doing exactly the same for that. Remember how rushed the post match was for the League Cup final earlier this year? That had 15 minutes more post match than the above two games as well! Very poorly treated.

Cant be helped given the amount of sport on that day. The solutions are either a) a fifth channel, which isnt justified as clashes like this dont happen enough to warrant it, or b) something gets shoved on the red button, which isnt available on all platforrms and isnt in HD.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant be helped given the amount of sport on that day. The solutions are either a) a fifth channel, which isnt justified as clashes like this dont happen enough to warrant it, or b) something gets shoved on the red button, which isnt available on all platforrms and if thsnt in HD.

If the cricket finished early could they change the play off final after the match to whatever channel the cricket is on, so they could be seen lifting trophy
    Forum Member
    If the cricket finished early could they change the play off final after the match to whatever channel the cricket is on, so they could be seen lifting trophy

True. If both teams are from the South East or near to London, I wonder if the kick-off time can be brought forward half an hour or so?

With a match starting at 1.15 it should be finished at 3.05/3.10pm, plenty of time to see the trophy being lifted before the PL match on SS3. They arent going to go to the other match until 3.55 as all the build up for the PL matches will be done on one channel over on SS1.

Or has it been confirmed the SS3 PL programme starts at 3.30? Sky will have two presentation teams? Dont think they do normally.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True. If both teams are from the South East or near to London, I wonder if the kick-off time can be brought forward half an hour or so?

With a match starting at 1.15 it should be finished at 3.05/3.10pmpm, plenty of time to see the trophy being lifted before half three. Extra time complicates matters, of course...

Nah that would be too complicated, the play off final might get more viewers for its highlight package
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

With a match starting at 1.15 it should be finished at 3.05/3.10pm, plenty of time to see the trophy being lifted before the PL match on SS3. They arent going to go to the other match until 3.55 as all the build up for the PL matches will be done on one channel over on SS1.

Or has it been confirmed the SS3 PL programme starts at 3.30? Sky will have two presentation teams? Dont think they do normally.

The second game normally begins as a programme 5 mins before
    Forum Member
    The second game normally begins as a programme 5 mins before

Exactly, so with a match finishing at 3.10pm at the latest there is a full 45 minutes to get the presentation in, some people do like to panic over absolutely nothing on here don't they? :rolleyes:

Extra time may complicate it though, granted...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sun 19 May:

SS1:
    1pm Live League 1 Play-off Final
    3.30pm Live Ford Super Sunday (ends 7pm)

SS3:
    4pm Live Ford Super Sunday (ends 6pm)

NB. Only draft, can change, expect SS3 to actually start at 3.55pm.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not as suspected:

Fulham v Chelsea officially rearranged for Wed 17 Apr. Sky coverage dropped.

So no midweek tripleheader but a potentially massive Chelsea v Spurs game sometime very late in the season.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3117465/title/fulham-date-set

In overall Sky TV terms compared to original selections it's actually quite simple:

- Southampton v Chelsea dropped, replaced by Aston Villa v Sunderland

- Fulham v Chelsea dropped, replaced by Arsenal v Everton

3 rounds to be picked - Sky 9, ESPN 1

Sky games currently picked but subject to movement:

Stoke v Man Utd
    Chelsea v Spurs
    Man City v WBA (definite move)
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,766
    Forum Member
    Sun 19 May:

SS1:
    1pm Live League 1 Play-off Final

Why is it not on the Bank Holiday Sunday?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark F wrote: »
    Why is it not on the Bank Holiday Sunday?

It is on Sunday!

Maybe you meant Monday? I don't know, I don't set the schedule.

League 2 Play-off Final is on the Saturday (Sky - SS2, 1pm).