Darcy_ wrote: »
    WTF? How does that affect the temperature of the burger??!:confused:
    Because the box is open.

^ This
  • Options
    Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    solarflare wrote: »
    It's just easier to eat the chips out of a shallower, wider box than it is a taller thin one, particularly when you're nearly finished.

^^ This, & not necessary MacDonald s but other places that serve Chips in similar type of cartons, it's easier to put sauce on all of the Chips as well rather than just the Chips at the top of the carton, when you transfer Chips to another carton or box.
  • Options
    WombatDeathWombatDeath Posts: 4,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By transferring the chips into the unoccupied half of the burger container it is easier to ensure an even and thorough distribution of salt on the chips.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    By transferring the chips into the unoccupied half of the burger container it is easier to ensure an even and thorough distribution of salt on the chips.
    Most McDonalds add the salt when the fries are in the heating tray. It may be company policy.

This is different to KFC where you need to apply the salt yourself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Most McDonalds add the salt when the fries are in the heating tray. It may be company policy.
    True, but the amount that they add is generally insufficient. If I'm going to scarf down a portion of chips I'm damn well going to have lots of salt with them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think they add as much salt as they used to. Defo need more salt on mcdonalds chips.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's even worse when you get chips from a takeaway. They always put the salt on the top layer of chips only, so that there's no salt on the chips below the surface layer. A good chippie would individually salt each layer, but alas, as a society we are generally too willing to put up with a majority of chips being unsalted. It is a truly lamentable state of affairs, and when I seize power the failure to correctly salt chips will be punishable by a protracted and painful death.

Also, the vinegar must be applied before the salt, so that the salt sticks better to the chips. Adding the vinegar after salting simply washes away the salt (which, in order to avoid a terrible death - see above - the chip shop worker has no doubt painstakingly applied with careful attention to even distribution throughout the chip layers). Vinegar before salt. It's nothing short of a national disgrace that this critical information is not taught in our schools.
  • Options
    callmedivacallmediva Posts: 1,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's even worse when you get chips from a takeaway. They always put the salt on the top layer of chips only, so that there's no salt on the chips below the surface layer. A good chippie would individually salt each layer, but alas, as a society we are generally too willing to put up with a majority of chips being unsalted. It is a truly lamentable state of affairs, and when I seize power the failure to correctly salt chips will be punishable by a protracted and painful death.

Also, the vinegar must be applied before the salt, so that the salt sticks better to the chips. Adding the vinegar after salting simply washes away the salt (which, in order to avoid a terrible death - see above - the chip shop worker has no doubt painstakingly applied with careful attention to even distribution throughout the chip layers). Vinegar before salt. It's nothing short of a national disgrace that this critical information is not taught in our schools.

LOLZ :D
  • Options
    eric_the_beeeric_the_bee Posts: 168
    Forum Member

Interesting :-) however, if the salt is distributed first, does the vinegar applied second not then cascade the salt through the many layers downward, so all chips are covered and not just the top layer?
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    A lot of takeaways these days use the folded pyro boxes. Salt your chips. Close the lid.
    Salt n shake ;)
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jol44 wrote: »
    I do this.

Answer: I don't know.:confused:

This is me too :D I always tip mine out into my burger box.