Comments

• zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    Good luck to them i hope they will be a happy and healthy family.:)
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Other thread didn't work did it :(
  • Kyle_TKyle_T Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good for them.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Great news I'm really happy for them.

Pity it took so long really.
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a lovely story Roger. Let's hope they all arrive safe and well.
  • jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    How wonderful - like having triplets Good luck to them :)
  • roger_purvisroger_purvis Posts: 968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    50 years old. Triplets. I was thinking selfish personally.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very best of luck to them, but I'm not convinced that it is a great idea to describe the details of your reproductive history in the Mail. Speaking of though, what on earth has gone wrong? There are some sweet and compassionate comments underneath the article. Has there been some kind of pandemic that has wiped out the usual judgmental bigots?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very best of luck to them, but I'm not convinced that it is a great idea to describe the details of your reproductive history in the Mail. Speaking of though, what on earth has gone wrong?
    There are some sweet and compassionate comments underneath the article. Has there been some kind of pandemic that has wiped out the usual judgmental bigots?

Very surprising!
  • Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How lovely :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seem to have stumbled upon a guardian convention. Seeing as a 50 year old would not be allowed to adopt, going out and "buying" 3 surrogate children is selfish in the extreme. Totally disagree with this. I shall watch closely to see how it unfolds.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The responsible surrogate parent would have one child, see how they cope then maybe have another. Notcat 50 though.
    Forum Member
    Seem to have stumbled upon a guardian convention. Seeing as a 50 year old would not be allowed to adopt, going out and "buying" 3 surrogate children is selfish in the extreme. Totally disagree with this. I shall watch closely to see how it unfolds.

A 50 year old could have a child naturally though or do you suggest it be taken off everybody has a parent of over 50.

Charlie Chaplin was 73 when his last child was born.

Des O'Connor was 80
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Great story.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A 50 year old could have a child naturally though or do you suggest it be taken off everybody has a parent of over 50.

Des O'Connor was 80

The closest process is adoption as a comparator not a natural insemination. 50 year olds cannot adopt. 50 year olds should not be able to buy surrogates. The mothers are equally irresponsible.
    Forum Member
    The closest process is adoption as a comparator not a natural insemination. 50 year olds cannot adopt. 50 year olds should not be able to buy surrogates. The mothers are equally irresponsible.

They are still the same age or much older it doesn't make any difference to that.
  • StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's a lovely story.

I'd like to thank the OP for finding all these stories about gay people and starting threads about them. I'd certainly know less about the gay community if it wasn't for Roger :D
  • tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member

Who says a 50 is not allowed to adopt, because the government seem to disagree with your statement. From government website. Who can adopt a child

You may be able to adopt a child if you’re aged 21 or over (there’s no upper age limit) and either:

single
    married
    in a civil partnership
    an unmarried couple (same sex and opposite sex)
    the partner of the child’s parent

There are different rules for private adoptions and adoptions of looked-after children.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Des O'Connor was 80

Elton John, Rod Stewart and so many more.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/06/oldest-celebrity-dads-babies-after-50_n_3398034.html

The usual bigoted prudes commenting underneath.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tim59 wrote: »
    Who says a 50 is not allowed to adopt, because the government seem to disagree with your statement. From government website. Who can adopt a child

You may be able to adopt a child if you’re aged 21 or over (there’s no upper age limit) and either:

single
    married
    in a civil partnership
    an unmarried couple (same sex and opposite sex)
    the partner of the child’s parent

There are different rules for private adoptions and adoptions of looked-after children.

You wouldnt get through the process if older than 50.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If everyone's happy, I don't see a problem.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Starpuss wrote: »
    That's a lovely story.

I'd like to thank the OP for finding all these stories about gay people and starting threads about them. I'd certainly know less about the gay community if it wasn't for Roger :D

The gift that keeps on giving indeed.:)
  • Chihiro94Chihiro94 Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starpuss wrote: »
    That's a lovely story.

Agreed. He does seem to have a rather active interest in it.

Good luck to the couple, plenty of older parents about (and then all the grandparents/others who raise kids full time). With three they'll probably need it. :)
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like this thread isn't working either :(
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure they will give these children a very safe, stable and loving home.

Good luck to them 😊