Options

Lost My Wireless Adapter Software Help

satman17satman17 Posts: 2,608
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have a plug in wireless adapter which plugs into my mother board of my tower im building but have lost the driver software can anyone help, details:

Model: WLPCI VER:1.0.0
s/n 08a44400921

ROHS FCCE RTWPA REV 1.1

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A usb adapter then, go to the manufacturers website and go to support look up your make and model you should be able to download the driver software from there.
  • Options
    emptyboxemptybox Posts: 13,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I presume it's a PCI card, not USB?
    (WLPCI standing for Wireless Lan PCI)

However I'm not sure who the manufacturer is?

If Windows 7 is the operating system you will be installing then you might be in luck, and it might have the driver inbuilt.

Otherwise you'll need to find the manufacturer and follow Desolate one's advice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hi
    Sorry appreciate that this is 4 years down the line, but was there a successful solution for this? I have exactly the same pci card and following a fresh xp install on my new machine (I can't use Win 7), I need to find the original software or driver to make the card work. I can't find a CD that came with it (if indeed there was one) nor the original box - hence I don't know the manufacturer either.
    Cheers
  • Options
    StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrIzzard wrote: »
    Hi
    Sorry appreciate that this is 4 years down the line, but was there a successful solution for this? I have exactly the same pci card and following a fresh xp install on my new machine (I can't use Win 7), I need to find the original software or driver to make the card work. I can't find a CD that came with it (if indeed there was one) nor the original box - hence I don't know the manufacturer either.
    Cheers

If you can attach the PC to your router via an Ethernet cable, you might find Windows can find a driver online by asking it to update the driver.