Options

Madonna Appreciation Thread (Part 5)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thinking again about potentially Madonna performing on The Voice....do we think if she does she may unleash one of the Masterpiece remixes for release perhaps?? Again something to ponder about.

I do personally hope they unleash Im Addicted next up however.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It reminds me of Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty!

Very striking and regal and powerful indeed....it really does symbolise so much in fine detail.

It does look a bit like that! lol
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What album is that underneath I'm Going to Tell You a Secret?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does look a bit like that! lol

glad i aint the only one....i love the striking vibes it brings.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What album is that underneath I'm Going to Tell You a Secret?

Like A Prayer is before The First album and under S&S tour and the Confessions Tour is under the Secret CD/DVD. I recognise the pink label it had i think.
  • Options
    BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    Like A Prayer is before The First album and under S&S tour and the Confessions Tour is under the Secret CD/DVD. I recognise the pink label it had i think.

That looks like Something To Remember not LAP and the other one looks like HC not Confessions Tour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks to me like

anticlockwise:

Erotica, Like A Virgin, MDNA, Ray Of Light, Confessions, American Life, I'm Going To Tell You A Secret, unsure, True Blue, Bedtime Stories, The First Album, Sticky & Sweet, Something To Remember.

I can't work out what is under IMGTYS but it looks like the back of Music. Its not the Confessions Tour as it wasn't in a plastic case.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think it's Hard Candy underneath I'm Going to Tell You a Secret
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    I think it's Hard Candy underneath I'm Going to Tell You a Secret

I'm not so sure. :confused: The Hard Candy cover has no dark blue on it :o

The back

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_IXbuwrRFp8M/SAzRBPl6naI/AAAAAAAAAHU/X5Kyqe9XfQw/s400/Hard+Candy+Album+Cover+(back).jpg

The Front

http://img2-3.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/090821/Worst-Covers/madonna_hard_candy_l.jpg

Unless I'm colour blind it looks completely different :eek: :D
  • Options
    gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cloudy wrote: »
    I don't think this will happen but universal music is behind the voice interscope records are part of the universal family and the girl gone wild release was due on 23rd April this has been delayed till 14th may which ties in with your first date. Makes you wonder, are madonnas team finally waking up to the mess that is MDNA promo.

weirdly, at work we have a 'New release' board in the staff room where all the main album releases go and 'MADONNA' is on there for May 14th - which made me go HUH?? Not realising it had been pushed back to then... I'm wondering if they're going to make a push for this to be a bit of a UK hit? I just find it odd that a single is being pushed as one of the biggest 'album' releases for that week... :p

Could just be a coincidence but who knows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm not so sure. :confused: The Hard Candy cover has no dark blue on it :o

The back

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_IXbuwrRFp8M/SAzRBPl6naI/AAAAAAAAAHU/X5Kyqe9XfQw/s400/Hard+Candy+Album+Cover+(back).jpg

The Front

http://img2-3.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/090821/Worst-Covers/madonna_hard_candy_l.jpg

Unless I'm colour blind it looks completely different :eek: :D

That isn't the best quality of cameras it's possible that its the black of her boot
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didnt realise really until replay and replay how great Hard Candy actually is! Ah it brings back summer 2008 memories!

And i do see it as Something To Remember now yes! I thought it was her right hand but it is her hair can just make it out.

Interesting gelbma....maybe they are pushing for the UK awareness more perhaps....will be interesting to see if The Voice surfaces or not...i mean it will be a couple of weeks before she kicks off onto the road so may aswell spend a couple days in the UK to perform on the Voice and maybe do radio?? hmmm.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe some day, when I look back ill be able to say, you didnt mean to be cruel, somebody hurt you too..."
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didnt realise really until replay and replay how great Hard Candy actually is! Ah it brings back summer 2008 memories!

And i do see it as Something To Remember now yes! I thought it was her right hand but it is her hair can just make it out.

Interesting gelbma....maybe they are pushing for the UK awareness more perhaps....will be interesting to see if The Voice surfaces or not...i mean it will be a couple of weeks before she kicks off onto the road so may aswell spend a couple days in the UK to perform on the Voice and maybe do radio?? hmmm.

Madonna on The Voice would be CRAAAAZY! She should totally do it and get on the Radio 1 live lounge band wagon. I think an acoustic Give Me All Your Luvin/Girl Gone Wild or even Masterpiece would be beautiful but more importantly I am intrigued to see what track she'd cover, I think she would cover MIA or Nicki Minaj or maybe even Gotye, I think she could do a beautiful rendition of Somebody I Used to Know...I don't know why but I think her voice would be perfect for it. Would be hilarious/shocking and totally unexpected if she covered Roman Holiday from Minaj's album!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MCA1992 wrote: »
    Madonna on The Voice would be CRAAAAZY! She should totally do it and get on the Radio 1 live lounge band wagon. I think an acoustic Give Me All Your Luvin/Girl Gone Wild or even Masterpiece would be beautiful but more importantly I am intrigued to see what track she'd cover, I think she would cover MIA or Nicki Minaj or maybe even Gotye, I think she could do a beautiful rendition of Somebody I Used to Know...I don't know why but I think her voice would be perfect for it. Would be hilarious/shocking and totally unexpected if she covered Roman Holiday from Minaj's album!

YEAH like a massive performance on The Voice and then an acoustic live lounge MASSIVE special would be beautiful...i think Fearne said she was gutted there wasnt ever an M live lounge as she couldnt find the Big Weekend live footage or some such thing as that for some requests phoned in.

So a massive live lounge special definitely. And yeah what i love about Ms voice is its very emotionally charged and unique...not belty "5 octave/whistle tone" kinda stuff....but that aint my cuppa anyway. But something like gotye as a mystery cover would be fun....and haha maybe MIA Bad girls (geddit!) mix it with her own....okay maybe im dreamin more now....but definitely she should jump on the Radio 1 bandwagon tbh...the possibilities of UK publicity are endless great ideas MCA!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also i know while its not "massive deal" but i love that she may or may not do The VOice but over 400 Facebook likes....WAHOO! makes me summit proud :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I going completely crazy or is the member ''Unique'' seeing something completely different in the videos for Madonna's Live 8 performance in that Madonna Less Raunchy topic?
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I going completely crazy or is the member ''Unique'' seeing something completely different in the videos for Madonna's Live 8 performance in that Madonna Less Raunchy topic?

It was only yesterday that I was reading an interview/article (?) on Madonna at Live 8 saying that only a few people could clear the backstage room, as they were all out watching her performing. :D
  • Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was only yesterday that I was reading an interview/article (?) on Madonna at Live 8 saying that only a few people could clear the backstage room, as they were all out watching her performing. :D

Her Live8 and Live Earth sets were fantastic and that's just anti Madonna people saying otherwise. David Beckham said at the time it was his favourite performance out of them all
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do find it bizzare that someone would make out the entire video was some how faked to alter the crowd reaction! lol

Just watched Take A Bow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwdY3dpAdPc

She is stunning in this video.
This discussion has been closed.