Is the Wii U Dying Before its Begun?

1424344454648»

Comments

• whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That clunky controller is one of the reasons I wouldn't buy one even if the cost came down. Both Sony and ms realised everyone has a tablet in their house any way.
  • Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That clunky controller is one of the reasons I wouldn't buy one even if the cost came down. Both Sony and ms realised everyone has a tablet in their house any way.

no one uses the "clunky controller" as a tablet. Mostly its used to carry on playing the console when someone else is on the TV.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think releasing a cheap version of the Wii U without the game pad and renaming it the Wii 2 would be my move if I were in charge.

The Wii U brand was always silly, people were never really sure what it is with many thinking its the game pad.
  • Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I played on one for 10 minutes, and I was instantly sick of the controller. It is a good job they have a strong hold in the hand held market or they would be well and truly in trouble.

I hope if/when they ever build a new console they have a normal controller with it like the ps4 and XBONE.

New games like Mario deserved to be played, but sadly I won't be playing another Mario title unless they bring back a normal controller.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    I think releasing a cheap version of the Wii U without the game pad and renaming it the Wii 2 would be my move if I were in charge.
    I cant see anyone taking up the WII U, even with a dramatic price drop. Despite turning up early Nintendo have missed the boat.

I really doubt the controller is to blame, if anything its one of the WII U strong points, although also bundling a pro controller would have been better.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keiō Line wrote: »
    I cant see anyone taking up the WII U, even with a dramatic price drop. Despite turning up early Nintendo have missed the boat.

I really doubt the controller is to blame, if anything its one of the WII U strong points, although also bundling a pro controller would have been better.

I think a total rebrand such as calling it the Wii 2 and selling it for under £150 with the pro controller and a couple of games would be a move in the right direction, even if it doesn't work.

Failing that I think they should move on to a new console sooner rather than later and match or better the spec of the PS4.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keiō Line wrote: »
    no one uses the "clunky controller" as a tablet. Mostly its used to carry on playing the console when someone else is on the TV.

I know how is used. Sony and ms use your tablet as 2nd screen just like on wiiu
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know how is used. Sony and ms use your tablet as 2nd screen just like on wiiu

Then I am demonstrating my ignorance of the other two consoles. Thank you for putting me right.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    I think a total rebrand such as calling it the Wii 2 and selling it for under £150 with the pro controller and a couple of games would be a move in the right direction, even if it doesn't work.
    A genuine relaunch seems one of the console seems one of the few options they have. Although if I was in the meeting I would be the one at the back saying "is there any point, is it not just throwing good money after bad?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The name Wii U was a mistake they should have simply just called it Wii 2 simple name without any confusion. I will eventually pick up a Wii U I hope Nintendo turn things around and churn out some great 1st party Nintendo goodness.