New phone before upgrade?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,343
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was wondering if anyone can answer me this question.

Im on an online pay monthly account with o2 and I was wondering if I was able to purchase a new mobile phone handset before the end of my contract, and my free upgrade.

I know I need to wait until I get my free upgrade at the end of the contract but if Im willing to pay surely that means I can get a phone if I want?

Anyone able to advise me?

Comments

• mrdeejaymrdeejay Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why not just go to the carphone warehouse or something and buy a phone without a sim it's expencive but then you can also get a free upgrade when it's due.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    I actually just did this the other day! I phoned up on friday to O2 I am an online pay monthly cust and said the phone I have is ok but I have seen one i prefer. They offered me it for £150 which aint really cheaper than anywhere else but I wasnt expecting it to be as its not my uppgrade time til sept! It means that come the end of my 12 months in Aug/sep I can get a new handset free!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have done this twice already with my t mobile contract - the easiest way to do it is to buy a PAYG handset on the same network as your contract and swap your sim across - either that, or buy a sim free handset - sim free option will be a lot more expensive though