List of Channels on Sky at TVChannelLists.com

2»

Comments

• Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disco wrote: »
    This pre-dates the current site but I assume it was added simply to make it easier to see at a glance which channels were in a particular package or were free-to-air or free-to-view etc. Which colour was chosen for which package appears to be arbitrary. Perhaps it would benefit from a table at the top explaining the colours (I note the Virgin page has one).

Im sure that was the case if memory serves correctly.

Has the HD swap for BBC channels been explained as happening for any sub if you have a HD box? As its not just for HD subscriptions anymore!
    It might also be the case for UTV HD but someone in northern Ireland with a HD box but no HD sub would need to tell us that.
  • Options
    DiscoDisco Posts: 1,604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not yet as the first change appears to have happened today and I need to understand the changes more before deciding how to reflect. My first thought was to change the title of the column entitled HD pack simply to HD box but I don't know whether that would be right for subscription channels because I assume if you have an HD box you get the HD channel on the more prominent number only if you subscribe to the pack that gives you the channel. Clearly HD swaps don't apply for channels that have changed (BBC 2 in England only one confirmed) so the colour in the channel number box needs removing.

I would have thought this change could affect a number of channels e.g STV, UTV, and Channel 5 in part network region. And it may even affect BBC 1 and 2 in Ireland.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not yet as the first change appears to have happened today and I need to understand the changes more before deciding how to reflect. My first thought was to change the title of the column entitled HD pack simply to HD box but I don't know whether that would be right for subscription channels because I assume if you have an HD box you get the HD channel on the more prominent number only if you subscribe to the pack that gives you the channel. Clearly HD swaps don't apply for channels that have changed (BBC 2 in England only one confirmed) so the colour in the channel number box needs removing.

I would have thought this change could affect a number of channels e.g STV, UTV, and Channel 5 in part network region. And it may even affect BBC 1 and 2 in Ireland.

Channel 5 HD part network is not currently free to air and is actually part of the family pack hence a HD sub.

Yes channels that are part of the family pack that are HD only swap if you have the family pack or the old legacy HD pack still.

However all BBC HD channels being FTA I believe swap with just an active viewing card on a HD box(although it needs full conformation as to exactly how it works, at what level, in each nation and part region for STV HD), so maybe a new column is in order for FTA HD swapping?

Its complex that is for sure, also BBC HD channels that aren't regional have actually been swapping for those with a HD box and active viewing card even without a HD sub, since last August.
  • Options
    Digi ManDigi Man Posts: 18,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else having problems trying to access the site?

Thanks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Digi Man wrote: »
    Anyone else having problems trying to access the site?

Thanks.

Yes, me too. Was ok earlier today
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone,

The website host decided to migrate the server the website was hosted on. I've updated the DNS records to reflect the server change so everything should be back up now. Apologies for the downtime.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotrjw wrote: »

However all BBC HD channels being FTA I believe swap with just an active viewing card on a HD box(although it needs full conformation as to exactly how it works, at what level, in each nation and part region for STV HD), so maybe a new column is in order for FTA HD swapping?

Its complex that is for sure, also BBC HD channels that aren't regional have actually been swapping for those with a HD box and active viewing card even without a HD sub, since last August.

Good to see the site restored after brief gap.

I've started to amend the pages to reflect the swap changes but before I go any further it would be helpful to know from those with an HD box but without an HD pack subscription whether they now receive HD or SD channels on the following BBC channels numbers: 115, 116, 503, 613, 614, 951, 952, 953.

And what non-HD pack viewers get:

- in N Ireland on 103 - SD or HD UTV?
    - in N Ireland on 162 - SD or HD RTE2?
    - in Central West Scotland on 103 - SD or HD STV?
    - in RoI on 102 - SD or HD RTE2?

Any info appreciated!
  • Options
    mackersdublinmackersdublin Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm that in ROI, RTE2 HD is on Ch 102 for everyone regardless of pack on a HD box
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, mackersdublin - that is in line with what I expected. I suspect it will be the same for the other channels I've listed above in the UK (or parts of the UK in some cases).

I think RTE 2 is the only channel in Ireland where this will apply at the moment.

And I should have added, it would also be useful to know what is on 101 in Scotland/Wales and NI for non-HD sub HD boxes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Updates

'Star Life OK' is currently on 11.343 V.

'BBC RB HD' on 12.422 H is SID "6811".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Updates

"52185" (showing Star Life OK) on 11.261 H is missing off the list.

11.307 V is C4L, you've currently got TA6 which is obviously a typo.

FAB TV label is no longer carrying EPG data.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    11.426 V is TP 116
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Updates

"50313" on 11.082 H can be removed.

"4567" (Sky News) on 12.207 V is "clear" (not encrypted).
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know this isn't really related to Sky, but is it time for TVPlayer (www.tvplayer.com) to be listed on the TV Channel Lists website? At the moment they only carry channel listings for TVCatchUp.

TVPlayer is arguably a more 'official' service since they have deals with all the channels they carry such as UKTV, TruTV, Travel, The Box music channels and others plus a service on Freeview channel 241, whereas TVCatchUp has always been a bit questionable.
  • Options
    Jontom64Jontom64 Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    post removed as posted in wrong thread
  • Options
    ds_readerds_reader Posts: 10,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know this isn't really related to Sky, but is it time for TVPlayer (www.tvplayer.com) to be listed on the TV Channel Lists website? At the moment they only carry channel listings for TVCatchUp.

TVPlayer is arguably a more 'official' service since they have deals with all the channels they carry such as UKTV, TruTV, Travel, The Box music channels and others plus a service on Freeview channel 241, whereas TVCatchUp has always been a bit questionable.

Are you requesting someone creates the list for you?

You could enter it yourself the site is a wiki!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP I know what is needed on your site http://www.tvchannellists.com/ a list of all free channels in the UK that can be listed alphabetically and via freeview and freesat availability.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ah yes that is goo for satellite FTA, but I was thinking DTT included and Freeview/Freesat comparison kind of thing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Hi lotrjw,

As mackersdublin has mentioned, that page doesn't exist on TV Channel Lists because it already exists on Wikipedia. However, the website is a wiki, so feel free to create it on TV Channel Lists if you wish, as long as it isn't just copy-and-pasted over from Wikipedia and is kept up-to-date.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotrjw wrote: »
    OP I know what is needed on your site http://www.tvchannellists.com/ a list of all free channels in the UK that can be listed alphabetically and via freeview and freesat availability.

lotrjw

You can get the information from this page.

Master list of UK and Ireland channels

If you look at the tables covering the UK, each contains a column for Freesat and a column for Freeview, and you can sort by any column including to get an alphabetic channel list. If there is a number in the Freesaat/Freeview column you know the channel is free to air on those platforms. If it says manual in the Freesat column the channel is available in Non-Freesat mode.

Admittedly this page gives you a lot of additional information but it does mean you don't need to create (and maintain) a new page.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lotrjw

You can get the information from this page.

Master list of UK and Ireland channels

If you look at the tables covering the UK, each contains a column for Freesat and a column for Freeview, and you can sort by any column including to get an alphabetic channel list. If there is a number in the Freesaat/Freeview column you know the channel is free to air on those platforms. If it says manual in the Freesat column the channel is available in Non-Freesat mode.

Admittedly this page gives you a lot of additional information but it does mean you don't need to create (and maintain) a new page.

It doesnt quite do what I was intending its a case of sifting though, plus where channels are separated out into sections as there is loads more channels on Sky and other pay platforms you cant do it all at once.

My idea is a Master list of all free channels only in the UK on DTT and Dsat, which would have Freesat, freeview as columns as they are both free platforms. I would also put them in one table.
    I would create my own page, but I dont think I would be able to keep up with the updates.