Anyone know where I can buy a N95 yet?

Phones4u have it "coming soon" :

http://www.phones4u.co.uk/coming-soon/cindex.asp

Looks better than my crap signal N80 anyway

www.nokia.com/n95

Comments

• Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    I believe this is Nokia's first HSDPA supported fone, so it should be an improvement over previous models if not for on the go broadband speeds etc.
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last I heard it wasn't going to be available until April.
  • mjdj1689mjdj1689 Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet orange will put their branding on it and make it fauilty as usual, april on vodaphone, orange are saying its not in review yet but it will be I would say may on orange .
  • wavejockglwwavejockglw Posts: 10,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The N95 makes most sense on T-Mobile as they have HSDPA activated acoss their entire 3G network. With Web'N'Walk Pro you can use the handset as a modem and that is where the real benefit of HSDPA will be felt. T-Mobile also include access to their Wi-Fi hotspots so one subscription covers all the data possibilities.

Vodafone are rumoured to be announcing new consumer data packages in March and also have links with BT to use their Openzone WiFi network, so perhaps another worthwhile option to get the most out of an N95 if high speed data is a primary objective.

It does'nt look like the N95 will be a 'giveaway' with most dealers advertising it at a premium even on £35/£40 a month contracts. As usual it'll probably come down in price once the 'must have's' demands have been satisfied.
  • QuackersQuackers Posts: 4,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrew2005 wrote:
    Anyone know where I can buy a N95 yet?

Phones4u have it "coming soon" :

http://www.phones4u.co.uk/coming-soon/cindex.asp

Looks better than my crap signal N80 anyway

www.nokia.com/n95

I've got the N80 and its my best phone to date. You flashed to latest version of firmware, i'm sure i saw on posts people who had your crap signal problem flashed and it went away. N95 is on my to get list..., its like a better N80.
  • KIIS102KIIS102 Posts: 8,539
    Forum Member
    I have been waiting for the N95 for about 6months now and getting excited as its getting closer to coming out, im going to wait a few months first though. I know a website (mobiledirect i think :S ?) who are letting people take out contracts with T-Mobile right now along with the N95 and the minimum cost is £595 over 12months so very expensive (£99.99 for the N95 + £50 a month)

SimFree right now its about £450 (Komplett.co.uk) upwards, however alot of people and magazines like T3 are expecting the cost to drop down quite a bit after about 2months or so once the hype dies down a bit, which is what im waiting for.

Contract wise i know Vodafone told me 2nd of April it will be out for them and i think its the same on O2 aswell. Price wise i dont think it will be free unless you want to pay £50-£75 a month tbh (its not even free on t-mobile at £50 a month). Its a great spec phone and i will be getting one but im going to hold myself back till the cost of the sim free one comes down.

I think im going to get the Sand colour though :)