Do Sky re-activate recording function these days?

Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
Forum Member
I have heard Sky, after you leave them, can sometimes re-activate recording functions on Sky boxes after a certain time, in an attempt to get you back.

Has anyone had this happen?

Comments

• Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    Sky_Guy wrote: »
    I have heard Sky, after you leave them, can sometimes re-activate recording functions on Sky boxes after a certain time, in an attempt to get you back.

Dunno, but i heard if you unplug the box before you end your sub, and plug it back in a few months later the recording funds should stay working.
  • NsewellNsewell Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky_Guy wrote: »

I know some customers who cancelled Sky TV did have the Sky+ features re-activated at some point last year, but they were only re-activated for a 6 month period.
  • NsewellNsewell Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    Dunno, but i heard if you unplug the box before you end your sub, and plug it back in a few months later the recording funds should stay working.

That would not work with the White or new Red Sky viewing cards, the entitlement would simply expire. This did work with the old blue cards as the Sky+ entitlement didn't use to have an expiry date on those cards.
  • RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a thread in existence somewhere concerning former subscribers who either left and found that the PVR features never went off or came back on.

It was generally felt that this was due to a technical fault at Sky's end.
  • Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    Cheers