Options

Pobol Y Cwm

Comments

• Options
    QueenShebaVIIIQueenShebaVIII Posts: 1,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    will2510 wrote: »
    Aargh, missed a bit on the omnibus. What did Gary say to Dani when she went to visit him?

I think it was basically that he wasn't interested in her and that she wasn't good enough for Brandon (and might tell him that).
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This week should be so good!
  • Options
    will2510will2510 Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was basically that he wasn't interested in her and that she wasn't good enough for Brandon (and might tell him that).

Thanks QueenSheba. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why is Garry (I think) in prison?
  • Options
    dids858dids858 Posts: 3,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    money laundering. Strange how they never showed the court case. I guess as it would have to be in English as it was set in London.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    dids858 wrote: »
    money laundering. Strange how they never showed the court case. I guess as it would have to be in English as it was set in London.

OK thanks :)
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    I would like some Pobol Y Cwn fans in my weekly Thread (every Monday)
    Would love to hear your comments on the show:)

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1496702
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So it looks like there's going to be a big family gathering on Wednesday
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    S4C's messed Pobol about again. The family gathering is on at 9.30 tonight, and the episode where it looks like Macs confides in someone is on tomorrow (Weds) not Thursday.
    Did anybody see the article about Macs storyline in the Western Mail a couple of weeks ago? Looks like they did their research.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Western Mail article. It's not a link, sorry, but if you cut and paste, it will get you to the right page on the walesonluine site.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/showbiz-and-lifestyle/showbiz/2011/06/11/welsh-soap-tackles-taboo-of-male-rape-91466-28851578/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It magically became a link! Sorry - am a newbie!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi :)

So are there two episodes tonight?
  • Options
    wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks very much for the article brycoed. It was good to see PYC getting reconition for its gritty storyline.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bryncoed wrote: »
    S4C's messed Pobol about again. The family gathering is on at 9.30 tonight, and the episode where it looks like Macs confides in someone is on tomorrow (Weds) not Thursday.
    Did anybody see the article about Macs storyline in the Western Mail a couple of weeks ago? Looks like they did their research.

Irritating. They should have a seperate channel for Welsh sports or something.

I love that article. I'm glad that such a big storyline is getting attention. It would be unfortunate if it didn't because it was in a Welsh language soap opera.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Hi :)

So are there two episodes tonight?

Yes - two today, one tomorrow, one thursday and no episode friday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    OK thanks :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great episodes tonight - especially the second one. Iolo is getting nearer and nearer to the truth. Do we think he is who Macs tells? What is the song that keeps triggering Macs' flashbacks?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm really looking forward to tonight's episode. I can't wait to see who
    Macs tells
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone around?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm so glad Macs told someone, but in some ways he still hasn't because he's now pretending he hasn't
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was so great that he told the one person he really shouldn't have! It was heartbreaking when she started describing how he felt and he looked at her with all that hope that she understood and then she totally destroyed him. Great actting from Rhys again. Fab drunken-ness from Ffion again too.
    I loved Meic telling Colin that there was nothing wrong with his shower curtain till Colin started messing with it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    I'm absolutely disgusted with Gaynor tonight. Regardless of what he did to Izzy, Macs is clearly in distress and as his boss she has a certain responsibility to him. He was breaking my heart tonight :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    bryncoed wrote: »
    It was so great that he told the one person he really shouldn't have! It was heartbreaking when she started describing how he felt and he looked at her with all that hope that she understood and then she totally destroyed him.
    WelshHoll wrote: »
    I'm absolutely disgusted with Gaynor tonight. Regardless of what he did to Izzy, Macs is clearly in distress and as his boss she has a certain responsibility to him. He was breaking my heart tonight :(

Yeh. In a way I think him telling Gaynor is brilliant for the storyline because even though he's told someone, nothing has really changed. I think it will when Iolo knows.

Did Izzy go through the same aftermath as Macs? I didn't watch it then, but I've heard it's not like what Macs has gone through with Scott. It was more blackmailing?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the scenes with Macs and Gaynor (and Iolo) were excellent tonight. Gaynor really is a cow - I mean, before he even said anything to her, she was being extremely unpleasant to him when he was obviously upset. I can't believe they even have a headteacher that's mostly just a bully in the school. However, I do understand her reaction to Macs telling her about the sexual assault but I think she may have partly said what she did to make herself feel less guilty about how craply she handled Izzy's situation. I'm glad she apologised afterwards but if she doesn't try to help him in future (if he doesn't get help himself or elsewhere), then I'd be very disgusted with her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought the scenes with Macs and Gaynor (and Iolo) were excellent tonight. Gaynor really is a cow - I mean, before he even said anything to her, she was being extremely unpleasant to him when he was obviously upset. I can't believe they even have a headteacher that's mostly just a bully in the school. However, I do understand her reaction to Macs telling her about the sexual assault but I think she may have partly said what she did to make herself feel less guilty about how craply she handled Izzy's situation. I'm glad she apologised afterwards but if she doesn't try to help him in future (if he doesn't get help himself or elsewhere), then I'd be very disgusted with her.

From what I've heard, Macs didn't rape Izzy, it was more blackmail to make her sleep with him wasn't it? How dd Gaynor handle the situation?

I agree, she was so horrible to him. Even when she brought the information round for him she didn't seem very concerned.

When Macs didn't want to drive to pick the students up with Mark do you think that was because he didn't want to be alone with him? Why did he react like that?
This discussion has been closed.