Options

So much for the new planner software

124»

Comments

• Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We record Bones on series link too and, nothing has appeared (as New:Bones) after this weeks final episode listed as that.

However, we do have Bones on page 3 of the huge list of scheduled 'next series'. Without the new. It claims this series ended on 18 March.

Both Bones and New: Bones stacked successfully in the same stack. So that part of the new software worked.

Possibly this is why New: Bones did not set up a marker in scheduled as Sky have adapted the software to treat New and (not new) as the same.

But if you do not have the older marker in the scheduled list and nothing else appears not sure what that means.

Problem is that if you change the recording of an episode to another showing on a different day of the week mid season - eg because a new programme clashes with your original recording date - then, of course, you are setting up a second series link which means that the scheduled list has two separate promises of recording the next series. And the New tag also seems to create a separate link for next series.

Or did, unless the altering of the codes to treat new and repeats as the same for stacking purposes has a knock on effect on this new scheduled future recording list?

We had three links for the same series at one point ready for it coming back and created by the new software and just sitting in the scheduled folder scattered across different pages.

That series was Forever, which was axed in the US after the last episode aired by Sky so would indeed have sat there forever had I not deleted these links.

I also have two entries for Agents of Shield as when it took a break the series link must have changed data and it went into scheduled as ending on some date or other months ago (before the new software arrived) then again when it ended the series properly the other week. I haven't dared delete either of these as goodness knows which one - if either - will really work to set up the new series months from now.

Given, as has been stated by others, that this is in the hands of individual channels and Five could not even activate the return of Home and Away in the scheduled list after a 4 week break in May, I am not unduly hopeful Agents of Shield will show up months from now.

This new feature is a nice idea but it has various issues caused by some of the problems referenced above but mostly dictated by the lack of any control Sky have over the competence of the channels that use it or them being up to speed with how Sky's system works.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    Well I have spotted another problem with the new planner. I recorded Modern Family about 2 weeks ago and then when I checked the planner it stated that it was looking for the new series. But when I used the EPG to go forward 6 days it showed one more episode of Modern Family on at 8pm on the Monday. If I had not checked manually the planner would have missed it
  • Options
    aerofly2aerofly2 Posts: 2,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not had a problem with anything appearing, so either a glitch, or something wrong with your box (as you seem to have more trouble than anyone else).

From the majority of posts in this thread it would seem that it's not me having more trouble than others, but you having less than everyone else. I'm very happy for you ;-)
  • Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aerofly2 wrote: »
    From the majority of posts in this thread it would seem that it's not me having more trouble than others, but you having less than everyone else. I'm very happy for you ;-)

Most of the troubles reported by others is a channel problem, not using the right data,

Series not appearing has not happened for me, someone else has stated they do have Bones in their list of future series, for it to work for 1 and not another would suggest a glitch of some sort, either in the data or the box.
  • Options
    Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lambcheck wrote: »
    Well I have spotted another problem with the new planner. I recorded Modern Family about 2 weeks ago and then when I checked the planner it stated that it was looking for the new series. But when I used the EPG to go forward 6 days it showed one more episode of Modern Family on at 8pm on the Monday. If I had not checked manually the planner would have missed it

That's not true. The box doesn't immediately add the link as soon as it appears on the EPG; I've had cases where it's been added the day before transmission.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    God for you then
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I now have two links for CSI Cyber, one saying next episode and one saying next series!

The "next episode" link appeared after episode 10 recorded. It said 'current series recording ends: 8th December". Episode 11 wasn't in the planner, it appeared the following day. After recording, that added in 12 and subsequently 13 as they were shown as a double bill last night. At the same time a 'next series' entry appeared.

After recording the penultimate episode of Continuum last night, the final episode and a 'next series' entry have appeared even though it was known ages ago that this would be the last season.

Another thing I've noticed is that some shows which have gone (or are going) on midseason break have added a 'next series' rather than a 'next episode' link. These include Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, The Blacklist and SVU. The only show on midseason break to add a 'next episode' link is The Walking Dead.
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is anyone having some programmes being recorded twice its happening quite a bit to me?
    on my 2tb Sky HD.
  • Options
    mjrmjr Posts: 2,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is anyone having some programmes being recorded twice its happening quite a bit to me?
    on my 2tb Sky HD.

Not happening here, might be worth trying a Planner Rebuild?
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    on my 2tb Sky HD.

Yes I am getting this - also the planner is choosing to record things I never watch, never asked for, such as Jeremy Kyle and Loose Women, and oddments from across the channels.
  • Options
    mjrmjr Posts: 2,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MargMck wrote: »
    Yes I am getting this - also the planner is choosing to record things I never watch, never asked for, such as Jeremy Kyle and Loose Women, and oddments from across the channels.

Try a planner rebuild, apparently that fixes it.
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mjr wrote: »
    Try a planner rebuild, apparently that fixes it.

Thanks, I will try that.