plus now SANTA.

Comments

• mikey1980mikey1980 Posts: 3,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    garbage456 wrote: »
    I don't know what else to say.

plus now SANTA.

Try elaborating on your statement. Why is it confusing? Which bits?
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    People lying. People being other people. Dead not really dead. Then they are cybermen. Then they dead again. But one didn't fly up as he was Kate dad. Do missy die or teleport how who. How did she survive. Why get Clara and him together. Why doctor bang his Tardis. And why kill off the glasses girl ? And and so so so many more
  • snakecharmer37snakecharmer37 Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    I don't know what else to say.

plus now SANTA.

Yes I inwardly groaned at that to. What are we to expect this year. Little elves dancing round the Christmas tree, while The Doctor tries desperately to save the last bauble.
    Or it could be that Santa has gotten too fat, Rudolph has been converted and Rusty needs some tinsel for his battle armour. Might sound ridiculous, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's how things turn out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    Why doctor bang his Tardis.

hhmmmmmmmmm......
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a lot left hanging. It's like each episode is half written.

Character motivation is not believable.

As for the fantasy thing, the main issue is internal logic is often missing. A fantasy is fine, but the events of the story must be consistent with that fantasy.

Each episode is in a different "fantasy world" with different logic and that's just not going to work.

Even in Harry Potter there are consistant limits, and that's a magical world!
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry garbage!! Keep watching the show ( I mean this sincerely) Of people who don't share the same opinion as me, I still enjoy seeing yours, you have a certain style about it :)

I'll take one of your confusions for now - Doctor goes to the co-ordinates of his homeland as Missy said, just on the slim chance that Missy wasn't lying. Door opens, and, and, and, dammit She was lying. Theres nothing, that stupid prat. I hate him/her, why did I believe her, why, why, argggh - bangs hands angrily on the TARDIS console.

I found this quite sad, really felt for him :(
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    Are you serious?

Why did the Doctor bang his TARDIS?

Because he was upset that Missy had lied to him and that he still couldn't find Gallifrey.

Why kill off the glasses girl? How is that even a genuine question? What's confusing or complicated about that?
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    El Medico wrote: »
    hhmmmmmmmmm......

:D:D.
  • mikey1980mikey1980 Posts: 3,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People lying. People being other people. Dead not really dead. Then they are cybermen. Then they dead again. But one didn't fly up as he was Kate dad. Do missy die or teleport how who. How did she survive. Why get Clara and him together. Why doctor bang his Tardis. And why kill off the glasses girl ? And and so so so many more

Who's not really dead? Osgood, the UNIT Colonel and Danny Pink are all very dead. Danny was dead from the first moments of Dark Water - that was very clear.

And whether Missy was teleported, or actually died - well it's been left deliberately ambigious, in keeping with the character of the Master throughout the last 40 years - he's often mysteriously survived certain death.
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't think it was very complicated. I found the explanations flimsy and stretching the suspension of disbelief to its limits but they were there. I think the show has lost a lot of its internal logic now and they are literally just making up anything that holds the plots together without really thinking about how reasonable it sounds.

Also we know Santa is real in the DW universe - 11 mentioned him before.
  • comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    El Medico wrote: »
    hhmmmmmmmmm......

INT: the Tardis

the Doctor: Ok let's give these telepathic circuits a REAL work out

Unzipping sound
  • doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    The_Judge_ wrote: »
    Sorry garbage!! Keep watching the show ( I mean this sincerely) Of people who don't share the same opinion as me, I still enjoy seeing yours, you have a certain style about it :)

I'll take one of your confusions for now - Doctor goes to the co-ordinates of his homeland as Missy said, just on the slim chance that Missy wasn't lying. Door opens, and, and, and, dammit She was lying. Theres nothing, that stupid prat. I hate him/her, why did I believe her, why, why, argggh - bangs hands angrily on the TARDIS console.

I found this quite sad, really felt for him :(

I found it terribly sad too - he really thought he would find his home again, but I had a horrible feeling that it was a lie even before he opened the doors.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But maybe Gallifrey really is there, but she is the only person who can expose its hidden form - in which case he needs her alive.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The OP is spot on.

We all need to watch soaps where the characters stand too close together and shout all the time, and everything gets explained.

Or Casualty, where as soon as we see a member of the public we know they will come a cropper and end up in A&E.

Or any UK detective show set in a small community for the last 20 years (because they are all the same show anyway).

Just the ticket.
  • KoquillionKoquillion Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

People lying- You mean Clara when you say people? Nothing more than a young woman torn between the wonders of travelling with The Doctor and settling down to a normal life with Danny.

People being other people.-Do you mean Clara 'pretending' to be The Doctor? She was having a joke in Flatliners and did it to confuse the Cybermen in DiH.

Dead not really dead. Then they are cybermen. Then they dead again- well they were dead with their minds uploaded into the Nethersphere. The idea was to reload their feeling deleted minds into the Cybermen created by Cyberpollen released from the Cyberclouds created when the initial Rocket-Cybermen had Cyberselfdestructed which dispersed the Cyberblueprints that would create the new Cyberarmy for the said emotionless minds to upload into. When Cyberdanny ordered the new Cyberarmy to Cyberselfdestruct, they all became dead again...

But one didn't fly up as he was Kate dad- Cybermen have broken their programmes before..."I did my duty for Queen and country"... ring a bell?

Do missy die or teleport how who.How did she survive- on face of it, she do die. Alternatively, the word 'bouncebackability' was made for The Mastress..

Why get Clara and him together.- because 'bossy control freak' could get him to go to hell.

Why doctor bang his Tardis- Doctor bang TARDIS he angry at lie about Gallifrey.

And why kill off the glasses girl- to emphasise how evil The Mastress is and provide some shock for viewers. Or because Moffat is just a nasty bastard.

And and so so so many more- yes, so so...
  • VideoTapirVideoTapir Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you. 'Why Doctor bang his Tardis?' is now my favourite line of the day. :D
  • KoquillionKoquillion Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VideoTapir wrote: »
    Thank you. 'Why Doctor bang his Tardis?' is now my favourite line of the day. :D

I can't pull anybody up because my spelling, grammar and punctuation on here are atrocious out of pure laziness...but 'Why Doctor bang his TARDIS?' nearly made me wet myself! I want it on a T-shirt with a picture of a grumpy Capaldi!!!

Koquillion thank garbage much!!!
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Koquillion wrote: »
    I can't pull anybody up because my spelling, grammar and punctuation on here are atrocious out of pure laziness...but 'Why Doctor bang his TARDIS?' nearly made me wet myself! I want it on a T-shirt with a picture of a grumpy Capaldi!!!

Koquillion thank garbage much!!!

I can't type, I'm still laughing ...... :p
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there an X-rated version of The Doctor's Wife out there that no-one's told me about?
  • TLC1098TLC1098 Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL Series 6 was confusing not this.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    If Father Christmas really is presented in the Xmas episode as 'Father Christmas' then the show will have officially jumped the shark and Moffat should be sacked. Let's wait and see though. I can hardly believe there won't be an explanation for his appearance.
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    If Father Christmas really is presented in the Xmas episode as 'Father Christmas' then the show will have officially jumped the shark and Moffat should be sacked. Let's wait and see though. I can hardly believe there won't be an explanation for his appearance.

Toy mean the same Santa Clause that's already appeared in a photo as a real person in the Whoniverse? So surely that should have been then that the shark was jumped?...
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really?
    I think that this series has been quite simple to follow.

Unlike a couple of years ago with Amy and Rory where I lost track of what story threads were going on. And when they split Doctor Who up into two parts in one year I could barely remember the story threads from Part 1 from which Part 2 had started off from.
    I just couldn't follow what on earth was happening in terms of the series arc.