Options

How are you getting DriveClub?

Comments

• Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Oh ffs. At this rate I'll be choosing the next challenge.

I thought I was safe in second. That's it, I have to get back into this.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wish the app was available as presume could see these leaderboards through it. Now I need to turn my vita on to see.
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    If anyone's still awake at midnight, post a screenshot of the final standings
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we think midnight is a bad time? Maybe earlier 10pm ?
    I'm quite looking forward to next challenge its actually pretty exciting. If it was me picking a challenge I wouldn't see midnight and would be about 4:30 the next day before I could do my picking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We'll do midnight tonight (to give me a chance to try reclaim some spots)

I'll be on at midnight. I'll get a screenie.
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phew. I was 0.004 seconds ahead of OMTT. What's that? A sheet of paper? But managed to open a little more of a gap (a whopping 0.2 seconds ;)) despite getting a corner penalty on the bridge.

I think it's safe to say Lisa is pretty unassailable. Before I'd even reached the first checkpoint she was already over a second ahead of me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol. I never see lisa's car as never in 2nd place.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ok I tried again for half an hour and couldn't even get close to my own ghost so I gave up again.

Lisa is currently 10th in the world with 3 of us from 27 to 31. I think that's pretty impressive. Denizli, you have an hour to climb the ranks or else you're choosing the next one.

Some dude on the leaderboard did that track in 35 seconds in the BAC Mono. Bullsh1t.
  • Options
    Ian_TroonIan_Troon Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Late to the party, put going to put in a time if okay!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Ok I tried again for half an hour and couldn't even get close to my own ghost so I gave up again.

Lisa is currently 10th in the world with 3 of us from 27 to 31. I think that's pretty impressive. Denizli, you have an hour to climb the ranks or else you're choosing the next one.

Some dude on the leaderboard did that track in 35 seconds in the BAC Mono. Bullsh1t.

He must have catapulted himself over one of the mountains or something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mmpfb wrote: »
    He must have catapulted himself over one of the mountains or something.

That's what I was thinking. There must be an insane shortcut somewhere.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    2:50:696 with the GTI, I'm going to try for Lisa Bs (no chance!) if anyone's not on my friend list on here please add me iann34. Been sidetracked with COD and GTA V but glad I saw the thread today and remembered how much I enjoy DC!
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,277
    Forum Member
    Ian_Troon wrote: »
    2:50:696 with the GTI, I'm going to try for Lisa Bs (no chance!) if anyone's not on my friend list on here please add me iann34. Been sidetracked with COD and GTA V but glad I saw the thread today and remembered how much I enjoy DC!

My 2:50.201 is definitely beatable. I threw away .798 in the final sector on that lap by almost stacking it in the barrels on that last red corner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ian_Troon wrote: »

Noooooo. :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Same! The first, 2nd and last red corners are so critical!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Times up people.

The winner of the first challenge is Lisa_B.

Here the Linky Link of the results.

Denzil gets to choose the next event/ Choose from a race, a time trial or a drift event, choose a track and a car. The next event ends at eith 10pm or midnight on Wednesday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well done Lisa, great time!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Times up people.

The winner of the first challenge is Lisa_B.

Here the Linky Link of the results.

Denzil gets to choose the next event/ Choose from a race, a time trial or a drift event, choose a track and a car. The next event ends at eith 10pm or midnight on Wednesday.

Ah well, third ain't bad. Congrats to Lisa - I suspect it will be the first of many. Death stares to Ian ;)

Why am I in red? Have I been targetted?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done folks.

I presume that's a bug as you filter to show golf and at the end is showing other cars.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's hope Denzil picks something soon to keep the interest going. I can't play till the evening anyway as at work.
  • Options
    iDirtyPenguiniDirtyPenguin Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    I'll try and get involved in the next one lol.
  • Options
    denzil28denzil28 Posts: 1,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Let's hope Denzil picks something soon to keep the interest going. I can't play till the evening anyway as at work.

I want to pick a car manufacuter that will benefit the Digital Spy 1 Club too, so will need to wait until I can get home so I can see what we need to level up the most. There's no point putting that much effort and driving in to the game for no return in club points.

I'm pretty sure I know the track I want to do. It will be a track this time rather than a point to point as I feel the tracks keep the flow better and you can just keep on driving and not have to stop and quit out all the time like you have to on a point to point.

Might have to make the end time for the challenge on Thursday or Friday as giving us until Wednesday doesn't really give everyone a chance to get on and play (we can't all play the same evenings I'm sure).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps we should have a points system for placings and make it into a bit of an ongoing tournament? 10 for first, 8 for second, 20 for third etc...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We could change it to be a three day event as most of the first day could be used up with us waiting on the event picker to finish real life stuff. I wouldn't like it to run more than three days.

If my maths is correct, and it may not be, but if there's 50 cars, and 50 tracks?, and 3 event types, and we spend 3 days at each, this should keep us occupied for the next 61 years.

Is anyone else in favour or opposed to a 3 day event, or would ye prefer to keep it at 2 ?

I don't mind doing a points system either!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 days sounds better and I like that we'll all be aiming for 3rd place :)