Options

Humax Foxsat-HDR 1.00.17 Software Released

Comments

• Options
    alan.walan.w Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 1.00.17 update downloaded successfully OTA last night here too, I just checked :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    2Bdecided wrote: »
    .17 automatically updated here.

if the network connection wasn't present, it would show 0.0.0.0 as the IP address. I managed to pull the network cable out by accident last night, found there was no iPlayer this morning, checked the network page in set-up, saw the box had an IP address, and went looking for less obvious problems than a broken cable!

the ip address is acquired on connection to your DHCP server (router). This address will be maintained for a period of time (often 24 hours) to save messing around the next time it connects. So not related to the update. A light on the router port is a better fault finding aid.
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Downloaded fine for me too, the guide is a bit faster to use when it is receiving listings and you can finally set something to record without having to wait at least 45 seconds until it refreshes the listings.

Why the guide is not cached on the HDD and refreshed every 2 hours or so in the background by the second tuner is beyond me.
  • Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    Downloaded fine for me too, the guide is a bit faster to use when it is receiving listings and you can finally set something to record without having to wait at least 45 seconds until it refreshes the listings.

Why the guide is not cached on the HDD and refreshed every 2 hours or so in the background by the second tuner is beyond me.

The guide is cached on the hdd and continually updated by epg data transmitted along with the channel that you are watching (Similar to the Freeview epg)

Try the following, either will display the cached epg instantly with no loss of background video/audio.

Start an instant recording and press guide (ties up tuner 1)

or

Press the schedule button on the remote followed by the red button.
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know about these workarounds, but never remember them at the time, I just press guide and then it's a hassle having to get out of it all just to press Schedule then Red. It's a poorly designed feature of the box and probably the main bugbear of lots of its users, apart from not being able to record the buffer too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    apart from not being able to record the buffer too.

The buffer is recorded without encryption so wihout arrangements to encrypt this for content the broadcasters deem has to be encrypted it woud not be allowed (In other words it's far from straight forward). If you have direct access to the internal HDD you can simply copy the time shift buffer file to a PC. Find me a HD freesat pvr that allows usb archiving and buffer recording.
  • Options
    jcsagerjcsager Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    GSD wrote: »
    The 1.00.17 update downloaded successfully OTA last night but the release notes from Humax say that the loader version should be U7.53 or U7.54. However my loader version is still U7.52. Does this matter and, if so, can I download the latest loader version OTA? Many thanks, GSD

As the owner of one of the very first HDRs, my loader version is still U7.51, but it still updated successfully to 1.00.17 last night. You only need a newer loader if you only have one sat feed to the box AFAIK, and the loader doesn't update OTA, as a failure to do it properly would brick the box. You can update it via a USB memory stick - search for several threads explaining this, with one or two gotchas to beware of.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jcsager wrote: »
    As the owner of one of the very first HDRs, my loader version is still U7.51, but it still updated successfully to 1.00.17 last night. You only need a newer loader if you only have one sat feed to the box AFAIK, and the loader doesn't update OTA, as a failure to do it properly would brick the box. You can update it via a USB memory stick - search for several threads explaining this, with one or two gotchas to beware of.

Loader 7.51 to 7.52 fixed the one cable update problem, 7.52 to 7.53 fixed some problems with using the box in non-freesat with multiple lnbs or a diseqc switch. 7.54 is merely to provide some extra capabilities relative to production testing. If I remember correctly :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    Well I've took the gamble and reinstalled the media and file server bundle. It's all working again now. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesn't this belong in the "Freesat+ Recorders" section?:confused:
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,682
    Forum Member
    If you had bothered reading the thread you would not have needed to ask that.

Must say that, as I suspected, the benefit of this fix was not worth the effort in coding, testing and releasing it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its of a benefit but its only a hotfix which should have been out within days especially as they had the code working 100% correctly before they cocked it up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    If you had bothered reading the thread you would not have needed to ask that.
    Get back in your box gomezz!:p

My post was more for the mods.

I then decided to just alert the mods and hey presto, here we are over in the correct forum now.:cool:

Thanks mods!

(Looks like I woke one of the mods up:D)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    ...is there a 'series link' option yet as I miss this more than anything!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...is there a 'series link' option yet as I miss this more than anything!

There always has been :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There always has been :confused:

is this right?? how is series link record selected? On Sky - pressing record give you the option to record once or all (series)... I've never seen this on the Humax PVR
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is this right?? how is series link record selected? On Sky - pressing record give you the option to record once or all (series)... I've never seen this on the Humax PVR

By pressing OK on an entry in the epg. Series recordings get their own folders.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    My receiver did the update on thursday night.
    When I powered it on on friday all the recordings were gone but the folders were there with no contents.
    Was really pis*ed off. The schedules were still visible and the box reported it was 75% full which would be right.
    This evening (saturday ) they are all back . Weird huh.:confused:

In case any of you experience this don,t erase your hard drive.
    Note that my box is upgraded with a 1.5tb drive.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Thank you... I'd never noticed that before ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Thank you... I'd never noticed that before ;)
  • Options
    mjrmjr Posts: 2,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    objective wrote: »
    My receiver did the update on thursday night.
    When I powered it on on friday all the recordings were gone but the folders were there with no contents.
    Was really pis*ed off. The schedules were still visible and the box reported it was 75% full which would be right.
    This evening (saturday ) they are all back . Weird huh.:confused:
    Any chance you'd accidentally pressed green in the media list and ended up an empty radio section instead? I did that once :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    mjr wrote: »
    Any chance you'd accidentally pressed green in the media list and ended up an empty radio section instead? I did that once :o

Yes quite sure. As I said the folders were still there. So There was a folder called "Ask Rhod Gilbert" with a (0) after it.
    That was funny as the box usually hides folders that it has created with no contents.
    It also successfully recorded the korean GP and Jonathan Ross while in this state.
    No comments on my TV taste please:D
  • Options
    ClemClem Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since the firmware update to fix the 'Receiving ...' bug has anyone had any problems with their box hanging? I ask, as I had my first box lock-up a couple of days ago, the first problem since I've owned my receiver in well over a year.

I woke the box up as normal via the remote, went into the EPG to schedule a few recordings and all was well. I then released that I'd forgotten to set something up, so I went back into the EPG from live viewing and this time, the box froze. I couldn't scroll the EPG at all, nor could I exit from it using the remote. I left it alone for a few minutes, switching to another HDMI input on my TV, but when I switched back to the Humax all I could see was a black screen, even though the front panel was still showing the word 'GUIDE'. I couldn't power the box off using the remote, so I power-cycled it using the rear panel mains switch. After booting I could access the EPG as normal and all seems well again at present, although I haven't checked any recordings made since the incident.

Now, I know that these things happen, but this is too much of a coincidence for me. It was the first time that I'd tried to use the box after the published OTA update last week, and I can see that I have the '17' update installed. The box had been entirely stable up until this point.

Anyone had anything similar? Coincidence, one of those things or is it worth talking to Humax perhaps?

TIA

Clem
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi there, funny you shou;ld say that Clem, I've posted a thread in the home technology section, I just bought a surround system which I've set up for 2.1 for now, on Sunday I was recording 'Strictly' for the wife and part wat through the programme i played it from the start, everything was fine until it cut out, black screen with a white dot in the middle than back to the 'Media' window so just watched what was left 'live' then, The X factor was recording and we did the same, started watching it 15mins after it started so we could zip through the ads and it happened again!
    I have just tried to check my software position and can't locate the info, looks like the third icon in menu is greyed out.
    On booting up the info on the Humax screen was V 7.54
    I remember in the menu the date of the update was 20/9/11 so it looked like it did update, I have been blaming the Onkyo but it sounds like the humax
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,682
    Forum Member
    That is because you are recording or playing back something.