Options

Help finding a book.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
Forum Member
Does anyone remember the Mitton (not sure if I am spelling it correctly) sisters?

There is meant to be a book about them released a little while ago, I am trying to find this book but because I am not sure the name of it or the author I am having a bit trouble.

If any of you know the name or the book or the author (or both!) it would be much appreciated, I was hoping to get this book for my mother as a present.

Comments

• Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe you are thinking of the Mitford Sisters?

(Nancy, Unity, Jessica, Diana, can't remember the other(s)):D

If you Google them, there are several books about them. Hope that helped, if not, ignore me. :)
  • Options
    RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you have any more clues about who they were? It's not that I know of them or any books about them, but another few clues might just nudge the recollection of someone who does know.

Best of luck. It's lovely to go to a lot of trouble for a present for mum. :)

Edit: cross-posted with Granny there!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    Thank you Granny McSmith!!!! It was the Mitford sisters, I must have misheard!

I think that "Wait For Me!: Memoirs of the Youngest Mitford Sister" is the one she was talking about.
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you Granny McSmith!!!! It was the Mitford sisters, I must have misheard!

I think that "Wait For Me!: Memoirs of the Youngest Mitford Sister" is the one she was talking about.

I read a lot of stuff by the Mitford sisters when I was younger. They are fascinating - one became Hitler's best friend, one became a communist.

Glad I could help. :)
  • Options
    eluf38eluf38 Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deborah Devonshire (who died recently) was born a Mitford. She wrote a guidebook to Chatsworth House which is very interesting and full of her personality. Mum wrote to her back in the 80s to say it was the best guide book she'd ever read, and Lady Devonshire replied!