Foxsat HDR ci slot

gagdegagde Posts: 3,868
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Has anyone tried it yet say with a setanta card to see if it works.

Comments

• nwhitfieldnwhitfield Posts: 4,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You mean a terrestrial one? That'll be no good - they use a different encryption system on satellite.
  • N GoodwinN Goodwin Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    gagde wrote: »
    Has anyone tried it yet say with a setanta card to see if it works.

There's no NDS CAM ....................
  • gagdegagde Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    N Goodwin wrote: »
    There's no NDS CAM ....................

So whats the slot for?.
  • nwhitfieldnwhitfield Posts: 4,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For other CAMs. I gather you can get some quite saucy stuff, if you point your dish in the right direction.
    Forum Member
    So whats the slot for?.

For a CAM. Do you have a CAM that can handle NDS?
  • TimanfayaTimanfaya Posts: 640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    N Goodwin wrote: »
    For a CAM. Do you have a CAM that can handle NDS?

Perhaps he has the* CAM? :)

*possibly mythical
    Forum Member
    Good one. I thought it was stashed away in a dark corner of the science museum.
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So whats the slot for?.
    Dragon/T-Rex/Diablo CAM can handle NDS.

I would assume that a Setanta card would have to go back into a Sky box periodically for the 'stay alive' signal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The dragon can descramble NDS encrypted channels, but as it cannot (yet) update your card with new subscription info (the so called keep alive signal), I'd argue that it doesn't quite handle NDS sufficiently.

Setanta would not be able to start flogging them in the same way that they do with the SECA CAMs for DTT.

Shame really as I subscribe to setanta and intend to chuck my old sky box pretty soon. If they won't simulcrypt, they'll be losing my business!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »

I would assume that a Setanta card would have to go back into a Sky box periodically for the 'stay alive' signal.
    I'm certainly going to try an FTV card with my T-Rex CAM when I get my hands on a box. That combination works with my Humax HDCI-2000 so I've high hopes of it working in the HDR. That would give one box capable of BBC HD, ITV HD and C4 HD. :cool:
  • gagdegagde Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »

Thanks for the sensible answer dude.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm certainly going to try an FTV card with my T-Rex CAM when I get my hands on a box. That combination works with my Humax HDCI-2000 so I've high hopes of it working in the HDR. That would give one box capable of BBC HD, ITV HD and C4 HD. :cool:

Good point actually, forgot about 4HD.
    Would be good to have the ability to watch this.

Just a pain to have to have to leave the card in a sky box overnight every couple of weeks.

Something to think about I guess.
  • foxyloxyfoxyloxy Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    I have a diablo cam and a ftv card which gives c4hd fine on my darkbox hd gives a "channel scrambled" message on the foxsat hdr. Anyone else tried with for example a dragon card and had success?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    foxyloxy wrote: »
    I have a diablo cam and a ftv card which gives c4hd fine on my darkbox hd gives a "channel scrambled" message on the foxsat hdr. Anyone else tried with for example a dragon card and had success?

Does the diablo cam work for any other channels or does it just appear not to be compatible with the receiver? Disappointing news if the latter is the case.
    Forum Member
    Only tried it with a fixed 28.2 feed - will try it with my motorised dish and see what it can do with thor etc.
    zAndy1 wrote: »
    Does the diablo cam work for any other channels or does it just appear not to be compatible with the receiver? Disappointing news if the latter is the case.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks, interested to find out the results. I suspect it's going to be bad news though...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only tried it with a fixed 28.2 feed - will try it with my motorised dish and see what it can do with thor etc.

Any news?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    What difference would having a feed from a motorised dish make anyway?
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maxwech wrote: »
    What difference would having a feed from a motorised dish make anyway?

Simple to point at a different location
    Forum Member
    Simple to point at a different location
    For FTV channels from 28.2?
    Forum Member
    to see if the box doesn't like the diablo card generally for decrypting e.g. channels from other satellites or just the ftv channels on 28.2 - will test later today
    Forum Member
    Good news - I got the diablo 2.3 cam (underworld 149) to work with a ftv card - giving c4hd and non premium channels I subscribe to. I had to set CAIDS to UK (was previously on CAIDS) for it to work. Also managed to get SD channels from Canal Digital on thor (from my motorised dish) but HD channels appeared as a multicolour mosaic (problem could be that there is no "pilot off" option when manually scanning a transponder).
    Forum Member
    Good news - I got the diablo 2.3 cam (underworld 149) to work with a ftv card - giving c4hd and non premium channels I subscribe to. I had to set CAIDS to UK (was previously on CAIDS) for it to work. Also managed to get SD channels from Canal Digital on thor (from my motorised dish) but HD channels appeared as a multicolour mosaic (problem could be that there is no "pilot off" option when manually scanning a transponder).
    Good news and well done! - my Diablo is moving very soon too!
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maxwech wrote: »
    Good news and well done! - my Diablo is moving very soon too!
    So do I have this right that you can get CH4HD with the Diablo Cam (£92.95 here?) and the Humax HDR in non freesat mode? I take it you can record it as well?
    Forum Member
    seems like a bunch of my posts in this thread have been deleted:confused: