Options

The Official Christmas Radio Times 2013 Countdown Thread

Comments

• Options
    Aaron_CardwellAaron_Cardwell Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    Guys quit hating! I am glad that this thread has been created. I made something similar about the TV idents if anybody fancies a look. We all know that summer and autumn whizz by these days anyway!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lewiep93 wrote: »
    I feel this is a good idea too. Just thought I'd share my predictions for BBC 1 and ITV. Obviously they are just predictions.

BBC 1
    15:00 The Queen
    15:10 Film: Cars 2 (the only animation type film that hasn't been premiered yet)
    16:55 BBC News
    17:10 Mouse and Mole (follows the pattern of The Gruffalo and Room on the Broom)
    17:40 Strictly Come Dancing
    18:40 Film: Toy Story 3
    20:15 Doctor Who
    21:15 EastEnders (is this too late for EastEnders?)
    22:15 Mrs Brown’s Boys
    22:45 BBC News

ITV
    15:10 Film: The Grinch
    17:00 ITN News
    17:15 You’ve Been Framed!
    18:00 Emmerdale
    19:00 Coronation Street
    20:00 All Star Mr and Mrs
    21:00 Downton Abbey
    23:00 ITN News

I would largely agree although there is usually a fair bit of comedy in the evening.. I am hoping for either The Royle Family, Miranda or even *fingers crossed* Gavin and Stacey special but I think the later is more a personal indulgence more than anything ;)
  • Options
    lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    I would largely agree although there is usually a fair bit of comedy in the evening.. I am hoping for either The Royle Family, Miranda or even *fingers crossed* Gavin and Stacey special but I think the later is more a personal indulgence more than anything ;)

I would LOVE a Gavin and Stacey special (don't think it would happen though) but I think there could be a Miranda special, primarily to tie up loose ends from the last episode of Series 3. Ah wishful thinking! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lewiep93 wrote: »
    I would LOVE a Gavin and Stacey special (don't think it would happen though) but I think there could be a Miranda special, primarily to tie up loose ends from the last episode of Series 3. Ah wishful thinking! :D

Haha it's my favourite show! they should bring it out for one more outing :P #GuiltyPleasures
    fingers crossed!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    Haha it's my favourite show! they should bring it out for one more outing :P #GuiltyPleasures
    fingers crossed!

the christmas special where Ness gave each of them a celebration chocolate was a classic! if only they would do another special!
  • Options
    marke09marke09 Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matthew Rhys was interviewed on S4C last night and said that Death Comes to Pemberley in which he plays Mr Darcy is due on screen over Christmas
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vicious seems confirmed for Christmas Night, wonder how ITV will fit it in
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only_You wrote: »
    If Toy Story is to be shown this Christmas, I really think it deserves a better and later slot than 15:10.

Something like this would do really well for BBC1 this year.

15:10 FILM: [Animation Film, not sure what else the BBC have to show this year]
    16:40 BBC News/Weather
    17:00 Strictly Come Dancing Christmas Special
    18:30 FILM: Toy Story 3
    20:00 Doctor Who [I know it is the latest slot it has ever had on Christmas Day, however I feel on Christmas Day, 20:00 is not too late for the whole family to watch]
    21:00 EastEnders
    22:00 Mrs Browns Boys
    22:30 Not Going Out

There is no reason why Toy Story 3 can't be shown at 3.10. Films do quite well there. Perhaps we could see this though:

3.00pm The Queen
    3.10 Film: Puss in Boots
    4.30 Mouse and Mole
    5.00 BBC News
    5.10 Film: Toy Story 3
    6.40 Doctor Who
    7.40 Strictly Come Dancing
    9.00 EastEnders
    10.00 Mrs. Browns Boys
  • Options
    PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vicious seems confirmed for Christmas Night, wonder how ITV will fit it in
    Late, presumably.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do we feel as though Toy Story 3 is a definite for christmas day? could it not show on new years day
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do we feel as though Toy Story 3 is a definite for christmas day? could it not show on new years day

Seeing as the first two were screen on Christmas Day, it's a fair bet that TS3 will be on Christmas Day as well. (And they have form, too: all four Shrek films went out on Christmas Day.)
  • Options
    BatfinkBatfink Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Is the Royle Family confirmed yet? - Christmas wouldn't be christmas without the Royles!!
  • Options
    TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many Christmas shows and specials are either already filmed or about to start?
    I absolutely love Christmas and New Year!!

:D;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    TrebleKing wrote: »
    How many Christmas shows and specials are either already filmed or about to start?
    I absolutely love Christmas and New Year!!

:D;)

I watched an Outnumbered christmas special yesterday and in the outdoors scenes all the background bushes, plants etc were in full leaf, it looked like in was filmed in August yet they were wearing scarves :D
  • Options
    Anthony_RyanAnthony_Ryan Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    I wonder what story lines will the likes of Eastenders and Coronation Street have to try to boost their ratings this Christmas ? In the past Eastenders had Den telling Angie that he wanted a divorce now that was I think Christmas Day 1986. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Perhaps this years big Christmas story line from Coronation Street could be the death of Ken Barlow ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    Seeing as the first two were screen on Christmas Day, it's a fair bet that TS3 will be on Christmas Day as well. (And they have form, too: all four Shrek films went out on Christmas Day.)

Although "Shrek" premiered on Christmas Eve 2004 at 6.40pm. It received a repeat showing on Christmas Day 2005 at 3.10pm where it received more viewers than the premiere of Toy Story 2 which followed it.
  • Options
    CUP OF TEAAA!CUP OF TEAAA! Posts: 4,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    Although "Shrek" premiered on Christmas Eve 2004 at 6.40pm. It received a repeat showing on Christmas Day 2005 at 3.10pm where it received more viewers than the premiere of Toy Story 2 which followed it.

What?? Seriously? And how did Shrek premiere a year before TS2 even though it was released two years later? :eek: Although sadly, the movies just don't do the business anymore like they used to, we are lucky to get 5 million for the Christmas Day movie :(
  • Options
    BoyontbridgeBoyontbridge Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    Batfink wrote: »
    Is the Royle Family confirmed yet? - Christmas wouldn't be christmas without the Royles!!
    Have to disagree there I'm afraid, last years RF was an absolute stinker. I'm sure the BBC won't be commissioning any more. I'd much prefer a extended seasonal episode of 'Rev' or the recently aired 'Up The Women'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What?? Seriously? And how did Shrek premiere a year before TS2 even though it was released two years later? :eek: Although sadly, the movies just don't do the business anymore like they used to, we are lucky to get 5 million for the Christmas Day movie :(

2005 was a quiet movie year for BBC1 and I think they knew that there would be no massive blockbuster that year so delayed 2004's screening of Toy Story 2 for a year. After all, in 2004 alone they had The Princess Diaries, Shrek, 102 Dalmations, Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone and The Hunchback of Notre Dame. These were on the three main days alone. They also had other "gems" that year too including Signs, Lara Croft: Tomb Raider and Now You See Me.

In 2005, by comparison, all they had was Toy Story 2, Spy Kids, Minority Report which formed the movies for the main days and Chicago on New Years Day. Catch Me If You Can premiered on January 2nd.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to disagree there I'm afraid, last years RF was an absolute stinker. I'm sure the BBC won't be commissioning any more. I'd much prefer a extended seasonal episode of 'Rev' or the recently aired 'Up The Women'

I have to agree. Last years TRF limped its way through a tedious hour. It was such a stinker it made The New Sofa look like Shakespeare. Time to "rest" it I think. There's Mrs. Browns Boys lined up for Christmas Day this year anyway. All they need is another Michael McIntyre special to go after it and you've got a good comedy combo!
  • Options
    smokeycatsmokeycat Posts: 898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    I have to agree. Last years TRF limped its way through a tedious hour. It was such a stinker it made The New Sofa look like Shakespeare. Time to "rest" it I think. There's Mrs. Browns Boys lined up for Christmas Day this year anyway. All they need is another Michael McIntyre special to go after it and you've got a good comedy combo!

Lol! I loved the Royle Family last Christmas. I was probably the only one by the sounds of it. :o
    I don't get this love for Mrs Brown's Boys. I watched one episode to see what the fuss was about and I thought it was awful. I suppose it's one those marmite programmes, you either love it or hate it. :)
  • Options
    leicslad46leicslad46 Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christmas viewing is so predictable especially on itv. Christmas day soaps taking up most of the evening along with all star editions of either family fortunes or mr and mrs. My message to itv is let the people play. Why cant there be more porgramming that lets the public play these games and not just celebrities. Surely there would be queuing up to appear on these shows
  • Options
    BatfinkBatfink Posts: 349
    Forum Member

Really, I didn't think it was that bad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am making a prediction: Here goes:

CHRISTMAS DAY

3.10 Mouse and Mole
    3.35 Film: Warhorse
    6.00 BBC News
    6.15 Doctor Who
    7.15 Strictly Come Dancing
    8.30 EastEnders
    9.30 Mrs. Browns Boys
    10.10 Citizen Khan

ITV

3.10 Film: Toy Story 3
    5.00 You've Been Framed
    5.30 ITV News
    5.45 Emmerdale
    6.45 All Star Family Fortunes
    7.30 Coronation Street
    8.30 Downton Abbey
    10.30 Vicious
    11.00 ITV News
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    I can't wait to see the christmas Vicious. I investigated what this was after seeing it appear on here and I am completely hooked! I soooo funny. I also would love to see Rev back on soon with a christmas special. :-)