Newcastle want at least £20mil for him.
  • victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cabaye or Willian?
  • ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still think we should go for Begovic. Szczesny is just not good enough. Stoke have Butland and Sorensen so I could see them selling him to us.
  • ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    I still think we should go for Begovic. Szczesny is just not good enough. Stoke have Butland and Sorensen so I could see them selling him to us.

I agree we need a keeper.
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

100% agree
  • ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cabaye bid rejected.
    Forum Member
    Cabaye bid rejected.

Let's hope it's Joe Kinnear we're dealing with. That way the first bid of £12m will be rejected, but after some deliberately complicated negotiations we'll get him for £5m.
  • DavidTDavidT Posts: 20,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently the Cabaye bid is dependent on him agreeing to change his first name to Pani.
    Forum Member
    Dear oh dear. :D
  • Andy-BAndy-B Posts: 6,800
    Forum Member
    Another bad sign: conducting business in the public eye.
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New offer for Cabaye

£10,000,001
  • kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    I think Arsenal have the same team of circus monkeys working on their transfers as Man United this summer.

No offence to any monkeys reading.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cabaye is a really good player, you would need alot more than £10m to make Newcastle sell him.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    victor mel wrote: »
    Cabaye or Willian?

Go for Willian and snatch him from under 'Pool's nose.
  • naveennaveen Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder how many of the bids reportedly put in today and rest of this week are actually real and not something used by clubs and agents to start a bidding war?
  • soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The summer, to put things extremely lightly, has been an absolute shambles at the Emirates. If you believe these kind of reports, the word is that Arsenal basically had Gonzalo Higuain in the bag, but caught wind of an apparently favourable clause in Luis Suarez's contract (you may have read about it) and put the Higuain move on hold to pursue the Uruguayan. As you know, this clause turned out not to be as favourable as first thought, and calamity ensued.

From Football365 this morning. No mention of Real Madrid messing us around on price you'll notice!
    Forum Member
    sotek wrote: »
    From Football365 this morning. No mention of Real Madrid messing us around on price you'll notice!

Football 365. :rolleyes:
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    Vieira.....Petit......Flamini.........Diaby........Cabaye.

We've regressed.

Could Flamini rejoin? :eek: Not that I'd want him back though after the way he left us.
    Even when Na$ri was here, he worked his socks off before leaving. For the money.
  • O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    DavidT wrote: »
    Apparently the Cabaye bid is dependent on him agreeing to change his first name to Pani.
    Hayden wrote: »
    New offer for Cabaye

£10,000,001

Haha:D:D
  • NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    Do we really need Cabaye though. Last time I looked he wasn't a holding midfielder and we're in desparate need for one...
  • Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    £10 million....Ha
  • PhoebicaPhoebica Posts: 2,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we really need Cabaye though. Last time I looked he wasn't a holding midfielder and we're in desparate need for one...

Not when Newcastle are rating him as worth £30 million we don't! There are better players we could get for 30mil!
  • victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is it about Arsenal that teams want so much more than the player is worth once we show interest? Other teams especially man utd seen to get players mostly on their terms and what they are prepared to pay.
  • PhoebicaPhoebica Posts: 2,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    victor mel wrote: »
    What is it about Arsenal that teams want so much more than the player is worth once we show interest? Other teams especially man utd seen to get players mostly on their terms and what they are prepared to pay.

Yeah, especially with RVP, he pretty much won them the league last season – we definitely should have held out for more money there.
This discussion has been closed.