Sir Bruce steps down from Strictly

Comments

• Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steven88 wrote: »
    Graham Norton will obviously take over.

Only if he is offered it, and even then, only if he wants it. Remember that he would have to give up his live Saturday Radio 2 show (and the BBC would need to find a suitable replacement), and he might not want to commit the time to record his chat show (which I think is recorded on a Wednesday or Thursday).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe his toupee can take over scoff scoff!
  • Options
    Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    It should be Louie Spence!

If only to see the Strictly forum explode. :D
  • Options
    lubaluba Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please not John Barrowman I find him so false.
    Paul O'Grady or Graham Norton would be good
  • Options
    justatechjustatech Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or possibly no one?

I've always wondered why they needed three presenters on the show. Maybe they can save money by not bothering to replace him?
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Grouty wrote:
    When it came up on the BEEB Breaking News, and he said Bruce Forsyth, i thought he was gona say, has died :p
    Shrewn wrote: »
    or more like these days "has been questioned by police......"

I shouldnt laugh at either of those but..

:D:D

:blush:
  • Options
    catkins198catkins198 Posts: 712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although I do think it is time for him to step down as he was starting to get embarrassing I still feel a bit sad. I think he has on the whole done a brilliant job and just how many people in their 80's (not totally sure of his exact age) could do a live tv show every week? Certainly no 80 year old I know.

There are some very nasty comments on the Strictly facebook page which I feel are totally unnecessary and I really hope Sir Bruce doesn't read them.

I can't really imagine any replacement for him but will be interested to see who is chosen
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    justatech wrote: »
    Or possibly no one?

I've always wondered why they needed three presenters on the show. Maybe they can save money by not bothering to replace him?
    Strictly speaking (excuse the pun), they don't have three presenters. Bruce & Tess being the main presenters, with Claudia stepping in to replace Bruce on the Results programme. So two presenters per programme (with one person handling the main presenting duties, whilst the other does the post-dance chats).
  • Options
    Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    luba wrote: »

Paul O'Grady ? :o

What go from one doddering old fool who doesn't know what day it is to another?

No thanks!
  • Options
    JayLee1JayLee1 Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll miss him. Sure, his jokes could be corny but, for me, it can't be denied that Strictly's success has in no small part been down to him.

I hope and pray Anton du Beke is NOT Sir Bruce's successor. I still have nightmares over Hole in the Wall.
  • Options
    bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noel Edmonds....he used to do Come Dancing I believe
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    terry wogan
  • Options
    JayLee1JayLee1 Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    terry wogan

Nooooo! He's becoming increasingly stilted and awkward in his old age - as seen in his Children in Need presenting.
  • Options
    nigel12nigel12 Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Barrowman would be awful. I don't think Anton would be very good either. I think it would help to have someone a bit removed from dancing so we don't hear much of their own opinion! I can see John and Anton just arguing with the judges.

I'd love Paul O'Grady and he sits well with the programmes demographics. I think they will go with Vernon though.

Hopefully keep Claudia involved too though somehow.
  • Options
    rioniarionia Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gashead wrote: »
    Not before time. National Treasure to National Embarrassment. My money's on John Barrowman.

I think Barrowman is too busy filming Arrow to be tied to show like strictly now.
  • Options
    Avi8Avi8 Posts: 3,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gashead wrote: »
    Not before time. National Treasure to National Embarrassment. My money's on John Barrowman.

Mine too. And I would be happy to see him.
  • Options
    Captain TimberCaptain Timber Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Needs to be someone 'comfortable' and natural on live telly.

I'd like to see a Johnny Vaughan / Zoe Ball duo.
  • Options
    kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    luba wrote: »

I can't stand Paul O'Grady's voice and Graham Norton is just unbearable. Regardless Of how I feel about John Barrowman I think he would be good in this.
  • Options
    FluxCapacitorFluxCapacitor Posts: 1,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they get rid of Tess now too. I honestly think she's one of the most awkward, insincere presenters I've ever watched.

I'd like to see Gethin Jones get a stab at it, maybe with Zoe Ball or Claudia Winkleman. Then they're all familiar Strictly faces.
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steven88 wrote: »
    Graham Norton will obviously take over.

Yes, he would be my choice..if he wants the job.
  • Options
    JayinthegardenJayinthegarden Posts: 1,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Graham Norton is favourite as he is already under exclusive contract to the BBC.
    Anyone would be an improvement on BF.
  • Options
    ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    He suggested Boris Johnson?! I think the show needs someone with an actual personality!!!!
  • Options
    BluejuBlueju Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Needs to be someone 'comfortable' and natural on live telly.

I'd like to see a Johnny Vaughan / Zoe Ball duo.

Just my thoughts but I don't think anyone would get a word in edgeways with him. I cant imagine he'd have enough chemistry with the panel/ Tess Daly nor the panache for prime time Saturday night tv.
  • Options
    soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got to be Claudia full time now. Her and Tess are great together on the results show
  • Options
    JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    Norton.