Options

Mariah Carey Tweets Weekend Selfie, Turns Out It's From 1997

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
Forum Member
https://uk.celebrity.yahoo.com/gossip/omg/mariah-carey-tweets-weekend-selfie-turns-out-its-from-1997-awkward-100452338.html

Some of these celebs really do treat their fans and the general public with contempt. What a silly woman Mariah is. I don't mind her usually but this is pathetic.

Comments

• Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,031
    Forum Member
    Well, can I just say that you'd have to be virtually BLIND to think this is actually a recent photo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    Well, can I just say that you'd have to be virtually BLIND to think this is actually a recent photo.

Too true, but the fact that she expected anyone to buy it shows how little she thinks of us.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never been able to stand this woman. Awful, screeching narcissist.
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you really getting angry about this? I mean, honestly and in the least offensive way possible, but you must have a blissful life a fairy cloud far far away, if a picture of Mariah Carey can make you feel so annoyed!
  • Options
    Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering she's about twice that size now, it was fairly obvious anyway.
  • Options
    GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Are you really getting angry about this? I mean, honestly and in the least offensive way possible, but you must have a blissful life a fairy cloud far far away, if a picture of Mariah Carey can make you feel so annoyed!

Post of the day. Really got no idea what this thread about? it just some old picture she like to post?
  • Options
    Forum Member

Who's angry? I thought it would make an interesting discussion - the things celebrities will do to decieve their public.

Of course it's trivial but this is the showbiz forum. Most posts are trivial. I'm not sure why my thread has riled YOU so much. ;)
  • Options
    daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    I saw this on Buzzfeed earlier, and I agree with a lot of the comments on it. To me, it looks like she may have been reminiscing in some way. I don't think Mariah Carey is so stupid to claim that's a selfie, when we can clearly see the majority of her arm is missing and that there's a book/photo sitting on top of it.

I think it's quite obvious she was taking a photo of an old photo, or potentially given the caption and subsequent images she put up, simply attached the wrong photo to begin with.
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    Mr_Eye wrote: »
    Considering she's about twice that size now, it was fairly obvious anyway.

This!
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She may have posted this particular one to show what she was doing back then. For nostalgia purposes kind of thing.
  • Options
    David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    danielleh wrote: »
    I saw this on Buzzfeed earlier, and I agree with a lot of the comments on it. To me, it looks like she may have been reminiscing in some way. I don't think Mariah Carey is so stupid to claim that's a selfie, when we can clearly see the majority of her arm is missing and that there's a book/photo sitting on top of it.

I think it's quite obvious she was taking a photo of an old photo, or potentially given the caption and subsequent images she put up, simply attached the wrong photo to begin with.

Completely!

It looks to me like she was looking over old pics and saw that, liked it and took a pic of it on her phone. The caption only really emphasizes 'so much happiness' which fits in perfectly with the picture.

I see nothing at all about her pretending it's recent, and I don't see how it's any different from someone posting old pictures of themselves on facebook or using an old pic in a profile picture.

Really desperate news story.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Really desperate news story.

It does seem that way, but I still don't know why some are so averse to discussing it. It's no sillier than other threads started on here.
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm more annoyed at the fact that Mariah is wearing a long fancy fishtail dress while pushing her kids on the swing in the park.

Does she never dress down?
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love her but she's ridiculous. She's obsessed with how she looks. How many more pics do we have to see of her and the family where she's the only one who looks any way decent?
  • Options
    Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I dunno a lot of her family pics she has no make up and frizz ball hair had then there's the others where she's the over the top Diva character.

Also she's posted old pics before there was one a few years back for the 4th of July and it was a really old pic.

I think she wants to be 25 and skinny and she's not.
    It's a shame because she's not huge and if she dressed for her shape she could still look confident and sexy.
    The airbrushing on her new album cover is just a joke. Now that's something that's out to deceive the public that I don't agree with.
    Airbrushing and photoshopping , not just for Mariah, has gone way too far.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dunno a lot of her family pics she has no make up and frizz ball hair had then there's the others where she's the over the top Diva character.

Also she's posted old pics before there was one a few years back for the 4th of July and it was a really old pic.

I think she wants to be 25 and skinny and she's not.
    It's a shame because she's not huge and if she dressed for her shape she could still look confident and sexy.
    The airbrushing on her new album cover is just a joke. Now that's something that's out to deceive the public that I don't agree with.
    Airbrushing and photoshopping , not just for Mariah, has gone way too far.

I don't get why some female celebrities have their image airbrushed for. It's not like they'll never be seen with their true appearance by people in real life.
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The album cover is kinda funny alright.
  • Options
    *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People must lead very charmed lives if something so harmless winds them up! :D

It would have been hilarious if Mariah really was pretending it was a current photo, but she hasn't, so it's all a non-story. The only interesting thing is how much effort people go to in order to be offended.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    Hardly surprising. The airbrushing on all her recent promo shots is just embarrassingly shameless.

Have you seen her new single artwork? http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/89157234.html

They cropped her head off a completely different photo!