Options

The Emmerdale Discussion Thread (Spoilers in tags — Part 14)

Comments

• Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spunger wrote: »
    I'm starting to quite like James. Do i need help?
    Adam, on the other hand...
    Are you forgetting to take your medication, spunger?
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught up. Jesus... They are really making a mountain out of a mole hill with this Moira/James SL.
  • Options
    jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm starting to quite like James. Do i need help?
    Adam, on the other hand...

I quite like James to!!!

Though I really could have done without the Adam is my son saga! Mainly because like you I cannot stand Adam Thomas.

I am more interested in why Ross seems to really hate his Dad.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jude007 wrote: »
    I quite like James to!!!

Though I really could have done without the Adam is my son saga! Mainly because like you I cannot stand Adam Thomas.

Ross is Luke to James' Darth , he hated him until the end.

I'm hoping the ED storyline goes the same way... Ross realizing he loves his dad on Jame's death bed :D
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    Justabloke wrote: »
    Ross is Luke to James' Darth , he hated him until the end.

I'm hoping the ED storyline goes the same way... Ross realizing he loves his dad on Jame's death bed :D

Is this death bed a double bed, because Adam needs to die too.

Yes spunger and pandora you DO both need help.
    And FAST.
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    I quite like James to!!!

Same! I haven't minded the Adam stuff, it was fun to watch, but Adam doesn't really interest me as a character. I'm much more interested in Ross's hatred, and also how much Finn misses his Mum and wonders about her leaving. Hope they do something with both of those.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same! I haven't minded the Adam stuff, it was fun to watch, but Adam doesn't really interest me as a character. I'm much more interested in Ross's hatred, and also how much Finn misses his Mum and wonders about her leaving. Hope they do something with both of those.
    Yes, me too and I'm sure there's plenty more to come with James & Sons' back story. :)
  • Options
    dubgazdubgaz Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have a funny felling that it will come out that Ross was abused as a child by a family friend/relative.
  • Options
    crunchie crispcrunchie crisp Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    dubgaz wrote: »
    Have a funny felling that it will come out that Ross was abused as a child by a family friend/relative.

As long as it was not John, to give more reason for the estrangement
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as it was not John, to give more reason for the estrangement

I might have got it wrong as with some family issues I have'nt got to see Emmie as much, but did James say to Chas that there was a lot more as to why his wife had left..

It has to be really serious for her to have had no contact with any of her sons!!
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I might have got it wrong as with some family issues I have'nt got to see Emmie as much, but did James say to Chas that there was a lot more as to why his wife had left..

It has to be really serious for her to have had no contact with any of her sons!!
    Yes, the other night didn't Chas say to him something like, 'at least the truth's out now' and he replied something like 'most of it'?

Strangely Chas failed to pick up on that very cryptic remark.:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Yes, the other night didn't Chas say to him something like, 'at least the truth's out now' and he replied something like 'most of it'?

Yes, that was the scene I was talking about.:D

Does look like there is a lot more to come
  • Options
    spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but the actor who plays Jimmy really is a shockingly bad actor.
    His face when he heard Victoria Pendelton was visiting the village was just silly, childsih cringey panto garbage. Awful awful actor who gets away it because some people like this kind of dire crap that passes for ED humour.:(
  • Options
    80's Gal80's Gal Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »

She also failed to pick up on the fact that James had told her that Emma knew nothing about him sleeping with Moira, but clearly she did.

Something really bad has to have happened for Emma not to have any contact with her kids for all of those years.
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80's Gal wrote: »
    She also failed to pick up on the fact that James had told her that Emma knew nothing about him sleeping with Moira, but clearly she did.

Something really bad has to have happened for Emma not to have any contact with her kids for all of those years.

yes and she went on and on about Moira's lies but hasn't called out her own fella on his own. God she's thick.

I remember Pete saying something about just seeing the car leave or something, what's the bet that James was driving that with Emma's dead body in the back..or have I seen too much Crimewatch?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes and she went on and on about Moira's lies but hasn't called out her own fella on his own. God she's thick.

I remember Pete saying something about just seeing the car leave or something, what's the bet that James was driving that with Emma's dead body in the back..or have I seen too much Crimewatch?

She could be dead but I hope not as it would be better if she made an appearance at some stage to hopefully destroy James' life :D

I'm hoping that the new villain will be Emma Barton :cool:
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She could be dead but I hope not as it would be better if she made an appearance at some stage to hopefully destroy James' life :D

I'm hoping that the new villain will be Emma Barton :cool:

hmmm, I'm a fan of anything that more likely to get James locked up or killed :D plus, you know if she comes back there's an excellent chance she'll just blame Moira for the whole thing. >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hmmm, I'm a fan of anything that more likely to get James locked up or killed :D plus, you know if she comes back there's an excellent chance she'll just blame Moira for the whole thing. >:(

I hadn't thought of it that way but your probably right >:( No doubt they were besties at one stage as well :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Darth has been using the dark side on her...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hmmm, I'm a fan of anything that more likely to get James locked up or killed :Dplus, you know if she comes back there's an excellent chance she'll just blame Moira for the whole thing. >:(
    I hadn't thought of it that way but your probably right >:( No doubt they were besties at one stage as well :cry:

BIB >:(>:(>:( >:( that is all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emmerdale Spoilers W/C 21st July :)
    6921 Monday 21 July 7.00pm – 7.30pm

Daz seizes his opportunity
    Finn begins to unravel
    David looks after his own interests

6922/23 Tuesday 22 July 7.00pm – 8.00pm

A troubled Kerry waits at the church for Dan
    Laurel comes clean about how she feels
    Harriet goes a step too far

6924 Wednesday 23 July 7.00pm – 7.30pm

Daz is exposed
    Donna’s secret relationship is uncovered
    Harriet’s determined to make amends

6925 Thursday 24 July 7.00pm – 7.30pm

Kerry has a mountain to climb
    Finn's date turns horribly wrong
    Charity gets protective

6926 Thursday 24 July 8.00pm – 8.30pm

Finn is found in a critical condition
    Sam can't resist temptation
    Kerry makes a drastic change

6927 Friday 25 July 7.00pm – 7.30pm

Finn’s nightmare is far from over
    Kerry’s on a mission
    Sam’s error in judgment becomes costly
    ]
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry but the actor who plays Jimmy really is a shockingly bad actor.
    His face when he heard Victoria Pendelton was visiting the village was just silly, childsih cringey panto garbage. Awful awful actor who gets away it because some people like this kind of dire crap that passes for ED humour.:(

I agree, spunger. But Jimmy wasn't always like this; the programme makers have given him a brain transplant and he has reverted to being an immature boy. They did the same surgery on Ashley, turning him from a kindly vicar into a dad-bashing monster. Sam, ditto; he was a pleasant, harmless simpleton; now he is a liar and a thief, who is ringing sex lines on somebody else's phone and cohabiting with a sex worker. Steer clear of Emmerdale, or the sinister brain doctor may get you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, spunger. But Jimmy wasn't always like this; the programme makers have given him a brain transplant and he has reverted to being an immature boy. They did the same surgery on Ashley, turning him from a kindly vicar into a dad-bashing monster. Sam, ditto; he was a pleasant, harmless simpleton; now he is a liar and a thief, who is ringing sex lines on somebody else's phone and cohabiting with a sex worker. Steer clear of Emmerdale, or the sinister brain doctor may get you.

Agreed. That is SO not Sam. >:(
    Jimmy first appeared as a bit of a thug. Carl was scared of him. :D
    I think he's great as he is now though.
  • Options
    Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emmerdale Spoilers W/C 21st July :)
    6921 Monday 21 July 7.00pm – 7.30pm

Daz seizes his opportunity
    Finn begins to unravel
    David looks after his own interests

6922/23 Tuesday 22 July 7.00pm – 8.00pm

A troubled Kerry waits at the church for Dan
    Laurel comes clean about how she feels
    Harriet goes a step too far

6924 Wednesday 23 July 7.00pm – 7.30pm

Daz is exposed
    Donna’s secret relationship is uncovered
    Harriet’s determined to make amends

6925 Thursday 24 July 7.00pm – 7.30pm

Kerry has a mountain to climb
    Finn's date turns horribly wrong
    Charity gets protective

6926 Thursday 24 July 8.00pm – 8.30pm

Finn is found in a critical condition
    Sam can't resist temptation
    Kerry makes a drastic change

6927 Friday 25 July 7.00pm – 7.30pm

Finn’s nightmare is far from over
    Kerry’s on a mission
    Sam’s error in judgment becomes costly
    ]
    Thanks 80s! :)

Looking forward to
    the Harriet stuff and the Finn stuff.

And oh, so is
    Kerry and Dan's wedding meant to be that week?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pandora. wrote: »
    Thanks 80s! :)

Kerry and Dan's wedding meant to be that week?

It sounds like it Pan :)
This discussion has been closed.