• Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    molybecks wrote: »
    Thanks.:)

Do you know what she'l be singing?

Also, what time does it start? some are 5.30 and some are 6.30 :confused:

People are saying it's I'll be there but it's not confirmed.

Channel 5 or showing it from 6.30 pm
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    woo!! will be watching this! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People are saying it's I'll be there but it's not confirmed.

Channel 5 or showing it from 6.30 pm

It's on Sky News from 5.30
    BBC2 from 6.00 pm
    Channel 5 from 6.30 pm
  • Options
    molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The video should be released soon, surely..
  • Options
    open_endedopen_ended Posts: 2,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking last night and today that Mariah is often just seen as a diva by some and not much else. But after reading a lot about her on the internet, shes had 19 US number 1 singles, mutiple award winner, has written/co written most of her songs and can sing well. There are not many artists that can say they have all of that.

She comes across as a sweet person on stage. People say Madonna is the "Queen of Pop", even ive said it , but put all the Madonna hype aside, Mariah has achieved so much more and in my eyes more talented. Mariah doesnt need to be all open legs and swear oddly to get herself noticed, she got herself where she is by singing and writing good songs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    molybecks wrote: »
    The video should be released soon, surely..

It's being premiered on America's got talent on wednesday evening.

Apparently they shot 2 videos one for obsessed (original version) and one from the remix featuring Gucci Mane.
  • Options
    prasanthprasanth Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    open_ended wrote: »
    I was thinking last night and today that Mariah is often just seen as a diva by some and not much else. But after reading a lot about her on the internet, shes had 19 US number 1 singles, mutiple award winner, has written/co written most of her songs and can sing well. There are not many artists that can say they have all of that.

Exactly! It's so sad that alot of people assume that she's a cover's artist or some manufactured artist. :(

With regards to song-writing, she writes the lyrics and melody to ALL her songs :) , which is surprising seeing as she cannot read music and doesn't have any musical knowledge.

Also, I've never seen any kind of diva attitude in her interviews, and I don't think any of the claims made about her are true. It's shocking what the papers write about her, and even more shocking that people believe them....especially when it's those people that say you "shouldn't believe you read in the papers" :rolleyes:

AND - it's even more annoying when people think her fans ONLY like her because of "Hero" or "Without You" :yawn:
  • Options
    open_endedopen_ended Posts: 2,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    prasanth wrote: »
    Exactly! It's so sad that alot of people assume that she's a cover's artist or some manufactured artist. :(

With regards to song-writing, she writes the lyrics and melody to ALL her songs :) , which is surprising seeing as she cannot read music and doesn't have any musical knowledge.

Also, I've never seen any kind of diva attitude in her interviews, and I don't think any of the claims made about her are true. It's shocking what the papers write about her, and even more shocking that people believe them....especially when it's those people that say you "shouldn't believe you read in the papers" :rolleyes:

AND - it's even more annoying when people think her fans ONLY like her because of "Hero" or "Without You" :yawn:

Well shes done a couple of covers so she couldnt have written them :p but the majority of her songs she has so you are right. Some of my fave songs of hers are :

Emotions - Such a nice, poppy tune that gets you singing

Anytime You Need A Friend - Another lovley song which has a lot of meaning

Heartbreaker - A feel good r'n'b tune
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just read an article from Mariah's official site, 'i want to know what love is' has been recorded and i cannot wait to hear it!
  • Options
    Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    I love Mariah! TEOM was a fantastic album. E=MC2, not so much, but still not too bad. I'm looking forward to the new album.
  • Options
    musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Fav album from her is Music box. I grew up listening to that album as well so it's also a very special album to me as well. Contains her best songs of her career which are Hero, Without you and Dreamlover

Mimi is an alright album. Really loved her last album.
  • Options
    SuperstokedSuperstoked Posts: 1,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to love Mariah back in the early part of her career.

"There's Got To Be A Way" is sublime...as is "I Don't Wanna Cry" and "Can't Let Go" - Infact, the first five albums were pretty amazing and then it all went wrong with "Rainbow" and so on.
    She sorta got herself together with a few songs from "TEOM" and "E=MC2" but she's nothing compared to what she used to be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cannot wait now for MOAIA, however i really am on edge as i really want to hear 'IWTKWLoveis', i love that song and just can imagine her singing it- without you style.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good news, according to http://www.mariahdaily.com/ and official site, IWTKWLI goes on iTunes THIS tuesday :)

Hopefully it will be the full version (apparently the 'over 5 minute' version) :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my god.

Mariah singing "Always Be My Baby" from her current Las Vegas concert!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPfHC1gRQLY

I don't know if it's all live, or pre-recorded, but either way, it still shows how her voice is NOW in 2009. It actually sounds good! So much stronger and thicker than it does on "Obsessed" or "I Want to Know What Love Is".

Listen to the key change bit of the song, where she does the D5 and the F5! Genuinely sounds so much better than it does on her recent studio releases! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    prasanth wrote: »
    Oh my god.

Mariah singing "Always Be My Baby" from her current Las Vegas concert!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPfHC1gRQLY

I don't know if it's all live, or pre-recorded, but either way, it still shows how her voice is NOW in 2009. It actually sounds good! So much stronger and thicker than it does on "Obsessed" or "I Want to Know What Love Is".

Listen to the key change bit of the song, where she does the D5 and the F5! Genuinely sounds so much better than it does on her recent studio releases! :)

Yes I think it was mostly live. I have read reviews from people who went and they said she was in good voice and sang live. There are other videos on youtube of other performances, she is clearly in good voice now and has improved a lot since last year. Even on the clips of the new songs on the album you can hear how much healthier her voice.
  • Options
    FifiLorenzFifiLorenz Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    Ooh, I didn't see the Mariah Appreciation Thread before now!

Iv been a huge fan since 2004.

Its hard to pick a fave song, but I'd probably go with 'Can't Take That Away'. I love the big ballads.

Only 2 weeks till 'Memoirs...' is released!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvIDY_n0gsQ

Ok, so i found this live performances of IWTKWLI on youtube, it's not very good quality as it's recorded from a fan. But it is extended :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The album has been pushed back until the 5th of october in the UK :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The album has been pushed back until the 5th of october in the UK :cry:

Nooo!

Darn this. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this girl.

This is one of my favourite live performances from her, in the early 1990s. She SINGS "Hark the Herald Angels Sing". Effortless belting. Watch it from the 1:05 mark. Plus she looks beautiful here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWQzmb3xjn8
  • Options
    Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mariah is the cover star today on Sunday Mirrors Celebs on Sunday magazine.
  • Options
    LennieLennie Posts: 25,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my fave singers, i love her

I love her singing ballads
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lennie wrote: »
    One of my fave singers, i love her

I love her singing ballads

What are your favourite ballads by her? :)

Mine are Vanishing, Outside, Whenever You Call and Mine Again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently Mariah is turning on the Christmas light at Wesfield Shopping centre when she come over here to promote her album in a few weeks time.