May The Best House Win - ITV1

hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,133
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone watching this new show?
Its on a trial week this week, like House Gift did a few months ago.

I quite like it, I love being able to see in other people's homes :D

I love the voice over guy, Guy Porritt. He is not as good as Dave Lamb on Come Dine, but no one can beat him :D

I often seem to like these proper daytime ITV programmes though. I love House Gift and House Guest (which is back on next week, with a difference though) :D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's ITV's way of trying to copy Come Dine With Me - just without the food! There is a woman on there who is bright orange, who must model herself on Jordan! :eek:
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    D

I often seem to like these proper daytime ITV programmes though. I love House Gift and House Guest (which is back on next week, with a difference though) :D

You loving ITV shows, WOW thats a shock to the system:p
  • hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jake lyle wrote: »
    You loving ITV shows, WOW thats a shock to the system:p

I thought you were Charnham then (don't worry if you don't understand :D)

I do support ITV more than most people yes, but I don't just automatically like every show on the network.
  • Vexed womanVexed woman Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reminds me of going to other people houses when I was little, 7 year old bitchy girls at a party showing you everything in the first few seconds of entering the house.

People love going onto these show. Why ?

Love watching, this guilty pleasure :o:D
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh just caught this today, what a deliciously indulgent, bitchy show! :D Ooops, sorry Emma but you set herself up for a fall there. It was hardly Justin and Colin! I'm afraid it might be back to the drawing board with the interior design business. :p

Loved Gay, a beautiful, trendy and girlie Granny, who's embraced her feminity since her divorce! Who said, her undies were big enough to sail a ship! :o :eek: She really got into the spirit of it and had quite a soft spot for Amy, who as expected was totally OTT. Thought her reaction to Amy's place was interesting - perhaps she realised her chinzy clutter was stifling.

I think the champers in the hot tub with the sea view, clinched it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved the model. When she was saying about possibly having OCD, then saying she was homophobic without even knowing what the word meant :D:D
    Thought it was quite sweet at the end when she saw the score Gay had given her and got teary about it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HALibutt wrote: »
    I think it's ITV's way of trying to copy Come Dine With Me - just without the food!

the funny thing is - who makes Come Dine with me :confused: ITV Studios! :D
  • RuthStarRuthStar Posts: 5,729
    Forum Member
    I watched it today, and quite liked it, it was nice seeing all the houses. I'd deffo watch again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    HALibutt wrote: »
    I think it's ITV's way of trying to copy Come Dine With Me - just without the food! There is a woman on there who is bright orange, who must model herself on Jordan! :eek:

I have seen amy before on tv but cant remember where does anyone else know:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that bloody awful orange woman was previously seen on Snog,Marry,Avoid as "Britney" in the red catsuit. I'm sure its on youtube somewhere. Nice to see she has become a lapdancer then. :D
  • Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    Anyone watching?:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a friend who lives in an authentic 50s house with lots of 50s decor/furniture/decorations etc but she doesn't live the total lifestyle with clothes etc , just likes that era. It is a fantastic house, she has an authentic American diner kitchen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite like the 40's house!!!
    Must have taken them a lot of time and money to make the house like that. Lovely!
  • PuddleduckPuddleduck Posts: 1,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tuesdays edition - the very modern beach house in Brighton (I think it was Caroline's) - now I KNOW I've seen that house on another programme, it was about the house being built. Does anyone else remember it? Don't remember the people living in it, jut the house. Quite like the show by the way.
    Forum Member
    Puddleduck wrote: »
    Tuesdays edition - the very modern beach house in Brighton (I think it was Caroline's) - now I KNOW I've seen that house on another programme, it was about the house being built. Does anyone else remember it? Don't remember the people living in it, jut the house. Quite like the show by the way.

There was a programme about a similar style house being redesigned in Brighton a while back. The man involved owns the house that Peter Andre rents and the house that was featured is next door.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really liked the 1940s house - to visit - but to actually live in I'd find it all too, well, BROWN! :eek:

Am sure that house has been on TV before too. Is nothing new now? :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss_Moo wrote: »
    There was a programme about a similar style house being redesigned in Brighton a while back. The man involved owns the house that Peter Andre rents and the house that was featured is next door.

Miss Moo you know lots and lots about everything!!! xxx
    I like reading your posts :)
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Puddleduck wrote: »

Were you thinking of the Grand Designs couple? They built an extremely futuristic house in Brighton, which turned into an enormous monstrosity, which the neigbours were up in arms about. It was abandoned for a while half-way through as the husband had a major heart scare. When it was finished, the wife looked so peed off with him, you felt that they wouldn't be sharing it much longer!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People watching again?

Starting with the eco guy
    Forum Member
    People watching again?

Starting with the eco guy

Don't think much of his house.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss_Moo wrote: »
    Don't think much of his house.

I agree, don't like the house, well the decor anyway.

Just because he is environmentally friendly doesn't mean the style has to be terrible :D
    Forum Member
    I agree, don't like the house, well the decor anyway.

Just because he is environmentally friendly doesn't mean the style has to be terrible :D

He's really annoying.

I like Ollie's house, mainly just the outside and the size of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure there's a bloke on there today who was on Come Dine With Me. If it's made by the same company I suppose they just 'recycle' who they can? Can't they get anyone new! :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love how the interior designers always have the worst homes IMO :D

Don't like the guys apartment in this ep, and didn't like the other interior designers home in a previous show. (The lady who had that huge tv in the middle of the room, and carried her dog everywhere)
  • Hollo and GonchHollo and Gonch Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had the week off work, so had the pleasure of watching this programme. Overall, very entertaining.

The interior designer today riled me - so pompous! Hilarious that he came last :D