Options

Do you watch episodes you have missed whilst you have been on holiday?

Green ThingGreen Thing Posts: 1,885
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Do you back track and watch all the episodes you have missed if you have been away?.. it can be quite a chore sometimes

Comments

• Options
    EEforestEEforest Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I was on holiday during Sharon's return so I was excited to get back and watch that! :P
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EEforest wrote: »
    Yeah I was on holiday during Sharon's return so I was excited to get back and watch that! :P

When I go on holiday, its normally for 2 months, so no!
  • Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I don't. The thing with soaps is that if you miss some episodes it doesn't take long to catch up with what's been going on - one episode generally does the trick,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no I'm not that sad, it wouldnt take long to get to speed watching the next episode.
  • Options
    MattchatMattchat Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    I went on holiday for 2 weeks beginning of may and when I came back didn't get Internet on my unlimited phone for another month so still catching up now , under a month behind on eastenders and a week behind in corrie , Luke watching all in one go tho makes cliffhangers bareable
  • Options
    Bobby_MarzBobby_Marz Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I Went to Thailand during 2011, and Corrie and EE has BIG Storys on at the time, we were away for a month.

it was the Ben and Patrick stuff, and Ben's Coming out ect.

Corrie had Stella being run over the cover up, the rape and carla trying to kill herself. so there was MAJOR story lines especially for corrie,

I Think we watched the omnibus on a sunday (of EE) we arrived back on the saturday, so we caught up on one week, missed the other 3, and Corrie i watched a little bit, but not the whole 3 weeks.
  • Options
    Bobby_MarzBobby_Marz Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But we had does of Corrie and ED in Thailand, but they were showing 2006 Episodes in 2011, so they are about 5/6 Years Behide the UK.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    It depends how long for. If it is just for a week or two then I will try and record the omnibus' but in truth, if I see an episode from the following week before I have had a chance to catch up and nothing much seems to have happened, then I won't bother to actually watch them.

It also depends on how bothered I am about a show at a particular time. When I was a teenager and very interested in Dynasty and Sons and Daughters then I used to ask a friend to record them for me when away to ensure that I didn't miss anything but was less bothered about the likes of EastEnders or Brookside (though that did mean I missed the beginning of the 85 siege). Now, it would probably only be Holby City that I'd actually be upset if I missed for a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Was on work-related holiday the last month, which meant late nights and early mornings. Decided prior that I would catch up on Corrie and did -- at least four weeks' worth in three days (thank god for an extended holiday break). It can be a chore -- I tend to simultaneously read the episode threads here which is pretty sad -- but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Didn't bother with Eastenders however -- taken a summer break from Lauren and the tweenies. :mad:
  • Options
    InsideSoapInsideSoap Posts: 5,981
    Forum Member
    Of Home and Away and Neighbours, always. Haven't missed an episode of either of those for many years.

The rest of the soaps I usually don't watch for weeks anyway and then watch about five or six episodes at once, I find it more enjoyable doing that.
  • Options
    Amazee-DayzeeAmazee-Dayzee Posts: 1,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only been away once and when I came back, yes I did catch up on the soaps.
  • Options
    PeculiarcandlePeculiarcandle Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    Don't bother with Eastenders anymore, still record Corrie
  • Options
    Miss HavershamMiss Haversham Posts: 877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No sorry, I'm actually worse than that, last year, my first holiday in years had me stealing wifi on a beach in Barbados so that I could watch EE on YouTube within 12 hours of the actual broadcast. I would have also watched Corrie, but couldn't find any uploaded.

What's worse, is if I recall correctly, this was during the 'shagger' storyline which was just gross
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah definitely! I'm finally all up to date after coming home from Glastonbury on Monday, I normally dedicate an afternoon to each soap I watch (only the big 3).
  • Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you back track and watch all the episodes you have missed if you have been away?.. it can be quite a chore sometimes

Yes. Sometimes I read up on it while I'm away but yes I always try to watch/read up on them when I return.
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I used to. I don't watch soaps anymore.
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I usually avoid any episodes I've missed, but am happy to see the occasional episode away from home for a change. I usually avoid Sunday and Bank Holiday episodes of soaps in principle, except at Christmas.
  • Options
    IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do, I like to try and keep up to date. I was on holiday during EE's live ep last year and I definitely wanted to catch that