Options

Premier League table prediction thread

O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
Forum Member
This topic may be a bit premature I admit, but what are your thoughts on how the league table will look after the last game of this upcoming season? based on current squads, last seasons form, or whatever criteria you like. This is my prediction for the upcoming season.

1. Manchester United
2. Chelsea
3. Manchester City
4. Tottenham Hotspur
5. Arsenal
6. Liverpool
7. Swansea City
8. Everton
9. Fulham
10. Sunderland
11. West Bromwich Albion
12. West Ham United
13. Norwich City
14. Cardiff City
15. Southampton
16. Stoke City
17. Hull City
18. Newcastle United
19. Aston Villa
20. Crystal Palace

Comments

• Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Humm this is a tough one his season, plus do I do it now while Spurs do have Bale, or do it after they sell him (if they do), as that could affect my placings for them.

I will be cowardly, and wait until the Bale decision is made. :o:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Humm this is a tough one his season, plus do I do it now while Spurs do have Bale, or do it after they sell him (if they do), as that could affect my placings for them.

I will be cowardly, and wait until the Bale decision is made. :o:o

That's fair enough I think quite a few people might, it is very early after all, I thought I'd post up my prediction early though, and of course it would be interesting to see others predictions.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    could change by time window closes but right now:

1. Chelsea
    2. Manchester City
    3. Manchester United
    4. Tottenham Hotspur
    5. Arsenal
    6. Liverpool
    7. Swansea City
    8. Everton
    9. Southampton
    10. Sunderland
    11. Fulham
    12. West Bromwich Albion
    13. Aston Villa
    14. West Ham United
    15. Newcastle United
    16. Norwich City
    17. Stoke City
    18. Cardiff City
    19. Hull City
    20. Crystal Palace

top 2 are interchangeable and 3rd from botto mi really have no idea, dont think cardiff will definitely go down but looking at other teams i am not sure how many they are better than in their first season in prem.
  • Options
    Mark FMark F Posts: 54,048
    Forum Member
    Chelsea
    Man City
    Man U
    Arsenal
    Spurs
    Liverpool
    Swansea
    Everton
    Sunderland
    WBA
    Stoke
    West Ham
    Fulham
    Newcastle
    Southampton
    Aston Villa
    Norwich
    Cardiff
    Hull
    Palace
  • Options
    Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    Cardiff 14 no way and to put villa Newcastle in relegation spots and for hull and cardff to finish above Newcastle Norwich and villa not a chance that will happen
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mark F wrote: »
    Chelsea
    Man City
    Man U
    Arsenal
    Spurs
    Liverpool
    Swansea
    Everton
    Sunderland
    WBA
    Stoke
    West Ham
    Fulham
    Newcastle
    Southampton
    Aston Villa
    Norwich
    Cardiff
    Hull
    Palace

That's not a bad shout Mark
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O'Neill wrote: »
    That's fair enough I think quite a few people might, it is very early after all, I thought I'd post up my prediction early though, and of course it would be interesting to see others predictions.

Yeah no worries, it is just if Bale stays then coupled with their signings this sumer (and including Soldado in that), then that would tip the balance of them possibly challenging the "Big Three", if not, then I cannot see them doing anything that special.

So, I will wait it out. :o:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Robbedin73 wrote: »
    Cardiff 14 no way and to put villa Newcastle in relegation spots and for hull and cardff to finish above Newcastle Norwich and villa not a chance that will happen

As I wrote, it's just a prediction. Stranger things have happened, I think those two I've put in the relegation places have either been just hanging on and/or making very strange destabilising backroom decisions so that influenced my predictions for those.

Aston Villa particularly were awful for a lot of last season, and don't seem to be strengthening this summer , unlike Sunderland, Norwich, Cardiff etc..
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As things stand at the moment....

1.Chelsea
    2.Manchester United
    3.Manchester City
    4.Arsenal
    5.Tottenham Hotspur
    6.Liverpool
    7.Everton
    8.Norwich City
    9.Aston Villa
    10.West Bromwich Albion
    11.Swansea City
    12.Southampton
    13.Fulham
    14.West Ham United
    15.Newcastle United
    16.Stoke City
    17.Sunderland
    18.Cardiff City
    19.Hull City
    20.Crystal Palace
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As things stand at the moment....

1.Chelsea
    2.Manchester United
    3.ManchesterCity
    4.Arsenal
    5.Tottenham Hotspur
    6.Liverpool
    7.Everton
    8.Norwich City
    9.Aston Villa
    10.West Bromwich Albion
    11.Swansea City
    12.Southampton
    13.Fulham
    14.West Ham United
    15.Newcastle United
    16.Stoke City
    17.Sunderland
    18.Cardiff City
    19.Hull City
    20.Crystal Palace

Am quite surprised the no of people who think Chelsea will win the leAgue or Finnish 2 , what evidence is this based on
    I really can't see Chelsea finishing above either of Manchester clubs who imo will be the top 2
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Am quite surprised the no of people who think Chelsea will win the leAgue or Finnish 2 , what evidence is this based on
    I really can't see Chelsea finishing above either of Manchester clubs who imo will be the top 2

They have better, more established players overall, in my opinion. Plus a former premier league winning manager as opposed to someone whose never managed in the league, or outside of a Spanish speaking league even. Manchester City have more question marks then them in my opinion.
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Mourinho will make a big difference to them, I suspect.

If they can land a quality striker, they'll have the most rounded squad in the league, in my opinion.

Having said that, I obviously hope that it all goes horribly wrong, and they get relegated.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    1. Chelsea
    2. Manchester City
    3. Manchester United
    4. Spurs
    5. Arsenal
    6. Liverpool
    7. Swansea City
    8. Sunderland
    9. Everton
    10. West Ham United
    11. West Bromwich Albion
    12. Fulham
    13. Norwich City
    14. Southampton
    15. Newcastle United
    16. Cardiff
    17. Aston Villa
    18. Stoke City
    19. Hull City
    20. Crystal Palace

Spurs are precariously placed at the moment. If they keep Bale plus Soldado and Paulinho I think they have enough to finish above Arsenal. Chelsea probably need a striker unless Lukaku is going to do the business. PDC is a wildcard but I think Sunderland could do very well under him. The only problem for them could be too many changes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    robbed -why dont you post your top 20 instead of critiquing everyone elses lol?

alot of people think norwich are gonna do really well this year, my dark horses are southampton personally.
  • Options
    Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    Considering most have yet to finish their Summer Transfers, it's just too hard to say just yet, I suppose going off current squads the Top 4 i reckon would be

Man City
    Chelsea
    Man Utd
    Arsenal
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Seems I'm the only person so far to think Manchester United will win the league, I think the ease in which they won last season with the same squad can be given as a reason why they shouldn't be written off, but I understand the replies given all the circumstances.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems I'm the only person so far to think Manchester United will win the league, I think the ease in which they won last season with the same squad can be given as a reason why they shouldn't be written off, but I understand the replies given all the circumstances.

finishing 2nd or 3rd doesn't mean they are being written off.

city and chelsea didnt turn up last year it felt like,i just cant see that happening 2 years in a row.

throw in the fergy absence factor and i cant see utd winning it but who knows how many points will seperate the top 3
  • Options
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »
    finishing 2nd or 3rd doesn't mean they are being written off.

city and chelsea didnt turn up last year it felt like,i just cant see that happening 2 years in a row.

throw in the fergy absence factor and i cant see utd winning it but who knows how many points will seperate the top 3

Yeah, as I wrote, I can't really debate any such reasoning. Given they aren't even favourites at the moment, winning the league would be an even better achievement should it happen.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member

I just think that the 'Fergie factor' was what put United head and shoulders above everyone else. I don't think their squad is better than City's and Chelsea's so it could be a brilliant title race if Mourinho and Pellegrini make positive impacts. Spurs could even get involved if they keep Bale, get Vertonghen back, and if Soldado hits the ground running. Then it could become even more interesting if Arsenal bought Suarez. Would his goals be enough to close the gap between them and the sides above them? Probably not due to their dodgy backline but you never know.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I think last year alot of teams under performed massively! Utd won very comfortably on points, all credit too them for that, but they weren't amazing I don't think, Chelsea and Man City were very disappointing tbh, although Chelsea started to look sharp again towards the end of the season but unfortunately for them it was far too late.

I think it'll be much tougher this year, Utd are certainly still good enough to win, but I think City and Chelsea will be more of a challenge, City have made some cracking signings, Chelsea have their Messiah back looking to re bolster ect ain't gona be an easy one this year for Utd.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    still think liverpool have slight chance of top 4 if they keep suarez. they will improve every year under rodgers,if board keep backing him they will be back as big boys in few years

although on the flip side its gonna get harder and harder to make top 4!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think the top five is pretty much nailed on, before it was the famous, unbreakable top 4, now Man City have replaced Liverpool and Spurs have also pushed on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »
    still think liverpool have slight chance of top 4 if they keep suarez. they will improve every year under rodgers,if board keep backing him they will be back as big boys in few years

although on the flip side its gonna get harder and harder to make top 4!

They are already stronger than last season, having added Toure, Aspas, Alberto and Mignolet so already they have more depth compared to last season.

There's rumours of acquiring the Ajax duo Christian Eriksen and Toby Alderweireld, if they pull that off and keep Suarez, then they will certainly be capable of competing Spurs and Arsenal for top 4.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joey_J wrote: »
    They are already stronger than last season, having added Toure, Aspas, Alberto and Mignolet so already they have more depth compared to last season.

There's rumours of acquiring the Ajax duo Christian Eriksen and Toby Alderweireld, if they pull that off and keep Suarez, then they will certainly be capable of competing Spurs and Arsenal for top 4.

agreed, i have them as 6th but may have a tenner bet on 4th, i wonder what odds are?

coutinho will light the league up also,could be their MVP this year.
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Chelsea
    2. Manchester City
    3. Tottenham Hotspur
    4. Man Utd
    5. Everton
    6. Arsenal
    7. Southampton
    8. Liverpool