Options

The Apprentice 2014 Filming Thread

Comments

• Options
    hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    Yes, but the thing that's confusing me is that there are TWELVE male candidates! ;)
  • Options
    george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    Unlikely I know, as it has only happened in Series 5 when someone dropped out, but has it occurred to anyone that there could be an uneven mix of men and women?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That thought did pop in to my head George... 12 male, 8 female?... Naah, that'd never happen...

This is such an odd scenario, its really getting to me! (Yes I do have a life, but in the middle of GCSEs and this detective work acts as a nice distraction ;) )
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That thought did pop in to my head George... 12 male, 8 female?... Naah, that'd never happen...

This is such an odd scenario, its really getting to me! (Yes I do have a life, but in the middle of GCSEs and this detective work acts as a nice distraction ;) )

They've done it on Big Brother...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But its just such a far stretch from what we've known on the Apprentice for so many years :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Task 3 Boardroom today, I think.
  • Options
    boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but the thing that's confusing me is that there are TWELVE male candidates! ;)

i had a quick look at your docx and i think there may be some duplicates there

so i'm still sticking with 10 boys = 20 candidates
  • Options
    TXF0429TXF0429 Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, very interesting! Thank you Hown for starting this thread!

I admit I haven't seen all of the photos, but in my view, I'd be very very surprised if the number of candidates increased. Even the US Apprentice (which did copious amounts of jumping the shark) never had any more than 18 candidates and in one season, there was 17 episodes. Even in Season 4 (with 18 candidates) there was a quadruple firing and two double firings and there were still 13 episodes! (More than the usual number in the UK). I simply cannot see the number of episodes increasing and nor can I see Sugar (someone who's criticised the US show for changing for the sake of changing) making multiple firings week on week. In addition, I also cannot see the genders being imbalanced for fear of criticism (The season that did that on US Apprentice was the one that truly jumped the shark)

In my opinion, some people on Twitter have got the wrong end of the stick and presumed some production staff are candidates. At a stetch, there MAY be 18 candidates but even so, there would have to be multiple double firings to fit the usual schedule. IMO there is no way there will be 20 and I doubt very much there will be more than 16. Just my two cents though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TXF0429 wrote: »
    Wow, very interesting! Thank you Hown for starting this thread!

I admit I haven't seen all of the photos, but in my view, I'd be very very surprised if the number of candidates increased. Even the US Apprentice (which did copious amounts of jumping the shark) never had any more than 18 candidates and in one season, there was 17 episodes. Even in Season 4 (with 18 candidates) there was a quadruple firing and two double firings and there were still 13 episodes! (More than the usual number in the UK). I simply cannot see the number of episodes increasing and nor can I see Sugar (someone who's criticised the US show for changing for the sake of changing) making multiple firings week on week. In addition, I also cannot see the genders being imbalanced for fear of criticism (The season that did that on US Apprentice was the one that truly jumped the shark)

In my opinion, some people on Twitter have got the wrong end of the stick and presumed some production staff are candidates. At a stetch, there MAY be 18 candidates but even so, there would have to be multiple double firings to fit the usual schedule. IMO there is no way there will be 20 and I doubt very much there will be more than 16. Just my two cents though.

I agree with you. I have found it hard to believe there are more then 16 candidates. But have a look at the documents I made in Post #59 ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They started filming Task 4 today... There's been a few mentions onTwitter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No filming tweets today, and not many tweets from LS either. Perhaps yesterday's task only lasted one day, and today is another boardroom.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Really hoping there are some pictures today!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    These damn elusive candidates haven't been seen for 4 days! 6 days properly...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    These damn elusive candidates haven't been seen for 4 days! 6 days properly...

Maybe they're doing a task abroad!

Alternatively, there are some tasks that don't require them to be out-and-about much in public, such as the 'design a product' task...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe they're doing a task abroad!

Alternatively, there are some tasks that don't require them to be out-and-about much in public, such as the 'design a product' task...

I think the design a product tasks still ivolve some going out and about. Like they went from shop-to-shop to sell the Tidy Sidey.

Tasks that they definitely wouldn't have been seen in public from last year were the Dubai task, the Away Day task and perhaps the online dating task.

I hope they are abroad... Tasks abroad are always good! It seems quite early for an abroad task though...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think the design a product tasks still ivolve some going out and about. Like they went from shop-to-shop to sell the Tidy Sidey.

Tasks that they definitely wouldn't have been seen in public from last year were the Dubai task, the Away Day task and perhaps the online dating task.

I hope they are abroad... Tasks abroad are always good! It seems quite early for an abroad task though...

Yes, but the Tidy-Sidey episode didn't exactly involve them engaging with the public, did it? They went to shops, but most of the discussions took place in back rooms without people taking pictures and uploading them to Twitter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I guess you're right actually.

I am sure we will see more photos over the next few weeks though...

At least we know what two of the tasks are for sure :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They are filming a task in Rochester, Kent today. No pics, or info on the task though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They've been all over the place today! They've been seen at Folly Bridge and Canterbury too!
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 50,154
    Forum Member
    When does this year's series actually start|? Normally it would have started early spring wouldn't it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Autumn. Delayed cos of world cup. Thought this was common knowledge :P
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 50,154
    Forum Member
    Autumn. Delayed cos of world cup. Thought this was common knowledge :P

Not for me. Its the first time I've been on here in ages and it looks like most of the threads have been cleared too? Thanks for the answer btw.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Styker wrote: »
    Not for me. Its the first time I've been on here in ages and it looks like most of the threads have been cleared too? Thanks for the answer btw.

How do you mean, cleared? Does that mean we can't get on the old conversations? I enjoy reading those! :o
  • Options
    boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LS must be getting fed up

fans keep asking him on twitter when it's on even tho he's tweeted several times that it returns in autumn :D
  • Options
    chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope there are some fit male candidates this time.