Possible fault in digibox?

RoxysirenRoxysiren Posts: 443
Forum Member
We have started to experience picture freezes/break-ups on the main TV but not on all channels. The main 5 channels seem to be okay and I have not noticed any problems at all during the day at all.

In the evening sometimes when the channel is switched to sky one, sky sports, news etc. sometime the screen is blank, a black screen. Going up and down the channels reveals that quite a few are like this (not all and not the main 5) and the matter is only resolved when the box has been rebooted. Also, at times the box cannot be switched off via the remote or at the box when this happens. We are currently having to reboot the box at least once a day. I have replaced the batteries in the remote but there is no difference. We have a second box upstairs but that seems to be fine so I assume the fault is not with the supply to the house but could be the box?

The boxes are Scientific Atlanta - Explorer 4200DVB and have been installed since June 2005.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    You need to phone telewest it is most likely your digi box they will send someone out to repalce it and you will probably recieve a PACE one

good luck
  • RoxysirenRoxysiren Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that! I guess I was trying to put off the trauma of calling Telewest but it looks like I will have to. We are giving it one last try after switiching off for a while removing all the connections for a good clean. I don't suppose it will make much difference but at least I can tell them I have tried everything. :)