The Curse Of Steptoe - Wed. 19/3/08 BBC 4

123457»

Comments

• Options
    ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    I thought this was very good. Jason Isaacs as HHC was fantastic. Will have to check out some of his other work.

He's amazing in Brotherhood on FX. Why he isn't playing James Bond is a mystery.
  • Options
    Mo from t'marketMo from t'market Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having dug out again yesterday that 'When Steptoe Met Son' C4 documentary which we'd videoed a few years back, and subsequently seen Sheila in last night's brilliant Frost Report show, I was really struck by the bizarre casting of HHC's wives!

As I think someone else said, the actress playing Maureen looked more like a young Sheila - whereas, judging by the footage in the WSMS docu, Maureen was more I suppose what you'd call conventionally pretty and in fact bore quite a resemblance to Zoe Tapper, who played Sheila!!

It was as though there was either a mix-up at the casting department or a bit of an in-joke going on there!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WatlingA5 wrote: »
    Recorded, but not watched it yet though looking forward to doing so.....

Someone asked about the H in Harry's name. Equity doesn't allow two actors to share a name, and Harry Corbett already "existed" as puppet Sooty's creator. I'm guessing the young Steptoe took the easiest route he could think of ;)

He said in a TV interview back in the 60's that he had to change his name because of Harry Sooty Corbett and he added the H which he said stood for Hanyfing