Options

I am going to move to Thailand they love white guys there

quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Yes its Darnell, he sits on the pity pot, he sings,he is self deprecating, he waxes lyrical and evokes strong emotions.He is a character from a Woody Allen film , even Woody himself in Albino form.He says what he thinks and feels, when it would wiser to stay schtum. He is registered blind but runs all over the place. Never mentions it and suffers a lot of side effects from his Albino condition especially his sensitive eyes from the strong lights.He is not allowed to wear sunglasses indoors so is in constant squinting discomfort. He may whinge, but considering what he endures he whinges very little. I refer you to the posts of princess Helen- who is albino- in the Darnell bar thread. Mikey complains about everything but is down played in the H/ls now except for a few crude jokes. I do love Mikey though--funny guy that guide dog joke was classic.Both of these guys are courageous and strong men.Darnell and Rex evoke strong emotions from fans. Both are brilliant Hm,s.Without them its happy how for the last 3 weeks and this place will have bored threads and a shrill wind running through it.kat and Rachel are nice people but Rachel's conversation is mind numbingly boring. Kat is very nosey and manipulative and Mo is just lying there like a Somalian Gos.Sara,s raucous-eeek-- voice and silly thoughtless flirting has run its course and Liza has turned into a dalek.Stu is just pointless and obviously faking it.I like deep interesting characters in BB not zombies and their cohorts.OOps forgot Nicole oh well she is forgettable anyway.The BB house is a tough experience for 9 weeks, these guys have been in for that with 3 weeks to go.We have no clue, what it is like in there or what motivates anyone really. We are just pretending to know, as we cannot see into their thoughts or hearts. My enduring memory of Darnell is Mikey getting pelted with fruit by an oblivious Bex and co and Darnell pushing him against the door and covering him. His first instinct without thought was to protect him. This tells me everything I need know about him, he was not oblivious, and also Mo,s remark to Mikey that Darnell treats him and others like a human being and the always honest Mikey whole heartedly agreeing.

Comments

• Options
    Radical JoeRadical Joe Posts: 15,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paragraphs are everything...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Use some paragraphs and some correct grammar and I may bother to read it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but I gave up reading your post after the 3rd line, so I have no idea what you're trying to say.

Use paragraphs!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adumb wrote: »
    Use some paragraphs and some correct grammar and I may bother to read it.
    ^ This
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that quasi.

I agree with all you say:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunshinecat had a thread with an OP that had no paragraphs, I couldn't read it. Now this thread with the same no paragraphs.:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you quasi - some good points!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lesleyanne wrote: »
    I'm sorry but I gave up reading your post after the 3rd line, so I have no idea what you're trying to say.

Use paragraphs!

If you stare really hard at it a picture appears, it's cool, try it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,134
    Forum Member
    quasimoron wrote: »
    Yes its Darnell, he sits on the pity pot, he sings,he is self deprecating, he waxes lyrical and evokes strong emotions.He is a character from a Woody Allen film , even Woody himself in Albino form.He says what he thinks and feels, when it would wiser to stay schtum. He is registered blind but runs all over the place. Never mentions it and suffers a lot of side effects from his Albino condition especially his sensitive eyes from the strong lights.He is not allowed to wear sunglasses indoors so is in constant squinting discomfort. He may whinge, but considering what he endures he whinges very little. I refer you to the posts of princess Helen- who is albino- in the Darnell bar thread. Mikey complains about everything but is down played in the H/ls now except for a few crude jokes. I do love Mikey though--funny guy that guide dog joke was classic.Both of these guys are courageous and strong men.Darnell and Rex evoke strong emotions from fans. Both are brilliant Hm,s.Without them its happy how for the last 3 weeks and this place will have bored threads and a shrill wind running through it.kat and Rachel are nice people but Rachel's conversation is mind numbingly boring. Kat is very nosey and manipulative and Mo is just lying there like a Somalian Gos.Sara,s raucous-eeek-- voice and silly thoughtless flirting has run its course and Liza has turned into a dalek.Stu is just pointless and obviously faking it.I like deep interesting characters in BB not zombies and their cohorts.OOps forgot Nicole oh well she is forgettable anyway.The BB house is a tough experience for 9 weeks, these guys have been in for that with 3 weeks to go.We have no clue, what it is like in there or what motivates anyone really. We are just pretending to know, as we cannot see into their thoughts or hearts. My enduring memory of Darnell is Mikey getting pelted with fruit by an oblivious Bex and co and Darnell pushing him against the door and covering him. His first instinct without thought was to protect him. This tells me everything I need know about him, he was not oblivious, and also Mo,s remark to Mikey that Darnell treats him and others like a human being and the always honest Mikey whole heartedly agreeing.

Hello:)

You have a very beautiful soul
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes its Darnell, he sits on the pity pot, he sings,he is self deprecating, he waxes lyrical and evokes strong emotions.

He is a character from a Woody Allen film , even Woody himself in Albino form.He says what he thinks and feels, when it would wiser to stay schtum.

He is registered blind but runs all over the place. Never mentions it and suffers a lot of side effects from his Albino condition especially his sensitive eyes from the strong lights.He is not allowed to wear sunglasses indoors so is in constant squinting discomfort.

He may whinge, but considering what he endures he whinges very little. I refer you to the posts of princess Helen- who is albino- in the Darnell bar thread. Mikey complains about everything but is down played in the H/ls now except for a few crude jokes. I do love Mikey though--funny guy that guide dog joke was classic.

Both of these guys are courageous and strong men.Darnell and Rex evoke strong emotions from fans. Both are brilliant Hm,s.Without them its happy how for the last 3 weeks and this place will have bored threads and a shrill wind running through it.kat and Rachel are nice people but Rachel's conversation is mind numbingly boring. Kat is very nosey and manipulative and Mo is just lying there like a Somalian Gos.Sara,s raucous-eeek-- voice and silly thoughtless flirting has run its course and Liza has turned into a dalek.
    Stu is just pointless and obviously faking it.

I like deep interesting characters in BB not zombies and their cohorts.OOps forgot Nicole oh well she is forgettable anyway.The BB house is a tough experience for 9 weeks, these guys have been in for that with 3 weeks to go.We have no clue, what it is like in there or what motivates anyone really. We are just pretending to know, as we cannot see into their thoughts or hearts.

My enduring memory of Darnell is Mikey getting pelted with fruit by an oblivious Bex and co and Darnell pushing him against the door and covering him. His first instinct without thought was to protect him. This tells me everything I need know about him, he was not oblivious, and also Mo,s remark to Mikey that Darnell treats him and others like a human being and the always honest Mikey whole heartedly agreeing.

Some good points
  • Options
    masierosemasierose Posts: 12,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your last point about Darnell covering Mo whilst he was pelted with fruit is one I remember also.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That is an excellent observation.
  • Options
    Sid SnotSid Snot Posts: 366
    Forum Member
    Great posting... but I see the paragraph police have made their presence known.... perhaps they prefer the one-line threads that are in abundance on DS? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's actually almost impossible to read posts with no paragraphs, I'm not being pedantic just trying to read a post with out going blind ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,298
    Forum Member
    tbeas wrote: »
    It's actually almost impossible to read posts with no paragraphs, I'm not being pedantic just trying to read a post with out going blind ;)

It's not as easy to read long posts without paragraphs, but it's still pretty easy really if you actually try!!!;)
  • Options
    xxTinkerbellexxxxTinkerbellexx Posts: 4,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Copied and pasted into Notepad.

Created some paragrahs, gave up reading...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,018
    Forum Member
    Beautiful, OP :)<3
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member

Good points. I think a lot of people didn't pay enough attention when Darnell spoke about his eyeshight. I remeber when he explained that he couldn't see details in peoples faces and the constant squinting to sort out his field of vision. So when Darnell kicks a few onions (onions that he has to hold up to his face to see in order to peel off all the skin properly) while being in the hot sun (no fun for an albino)...people see aggression not fustration!
    Then there's the hundreds and thousands task in which he had to split hundreds and thousands into seperate colours. The shopping list while he was HOH where he had to read the fine print on the laminent....Various stuff that people don't think about which would be infinitely harder for Darnell.

But because Darnell just wants to 'fit in' he plays down the fact that he has problems with various things and the fustration comes out elsewhere.
    Also bearing this in mind you start to understand how being excluded from the other younger group affected him. Bex rejecting him, Dale rejecting him.
    He got nicey nice acceptance and positivity from Kat and co and the people he related to on a humour and conversational level were Dale and co....however there was no happy medium because the 2 groups where divided...so when he was ultimately excluded from the 'young group' it left him with no 'relatable' conversational outlet.

Dale's rejection hit him hard. No guy talk, no jokes or humour he can relate to, and Kat, Rachel etc don't give him the outlet for that side of his personality in order to balance him out, so he's left with his own thoughts.....which aren't good! One thing he got with Dale's relationship was being able to express how he felt about things without being advised or told to get over it. He could laugh about his insecurities.
    Although Kat and Rachel mean well they tend to advise rather than just let him talk and get sh*t off his chest. He cant reset himself unless he unloads it...... and with Kat and Rachel saying "pick yourself up" and advising him how to get over it...he loses that bit of self therapy. He then fustratedly blurts it all out to and in front of people that may very well hold it against him.

In a society that labels and categorises people into little boxes in which you have to be either one thing or the other, acceptance and 'fitting in' I imagine would be a huge deal for Darnell.
    It is annoying to hear him whittle on and on but I suppose with Darnell you have to look past the whining and moaning and see the crux of the problem.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant see it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dunkan wrote: »
    It's not as easy to read long posts without paragraphs, but it's still pretty easy really if you actually try!!!;)

Only if your eye sight is good - spare a thought and make paragraphs for those those don't see so well !
  • Options
    JisubaJisuba Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bluntbob wrote: »
    Good points. I think a lot of people didn't pay enough attention when Darnell spoke about his eyeshight. I remeber when he explained that he couldn't see details in peoples faces and the constant squinting to sort out his field of vision. So when Darnell kicks a few onions (onions that he has to hold up to his face to see in order to peel off all the skin properly) while being in the hot sun (no fun for an albino)...people see aggression not fustration!
    Then there's the hundreds and thousands task in which he had to split hundreds and thousands into seperate colours. The the shopping list while he was HOH where he had to read the fine print on the laminent....Various stuff that people don't think about which would be infinitely harder for Darnell.

But because Darnell just wants to 'fit in' he plays down the fact that he has problems with various things and the fustration comes out elsewhere.
    Also bearing this in mind you start to understand how being excluded from the other younger group affected him. Bex rejecting him, Dale rejecting him.
    He got nicey nice acceptance and positivity from Kat and co and the people he related to on a humour and conversational level were Dale and co....however there was no happy medium because the 2 groups where divided...so when he was ultimately excluded from the 'young group' it left him with no 'relatable' conversational outlet.

Dale's rejection hit him hard. No guy talk, no jokes or humour he can relate to, and Kat, Rachel etc don't give him the outlet for that side of his personality in order to balance him out, so he's left with his own thoughts.....which aren't good! One thing he got with Dale's relationship was being able to express how he felt about things without being advised or told to get over it. He could laugh about his insecurities.
    Although Kat and Rachel mean well they tend to advise rather than just let him talk and get sh*t off his chest. He cant reset himself unless he unloads it...... and with Kat and Rachel saying "pick yourself up" and advising him how to get over it...he loses that bit of self therapy. He then fustratedly blurts it all out to and in front of people that may very well hold it against him.

In a society that labels and categorises people into little boxes in which you have to be either one thing or the other, acceptance and 'fitting in' I imagine would be a huge deal for Darnell.
    It is annoying to hear him whittle on and on but I suppose with Darnell you have to look past the whining and moaning and see the crux of the problem.

There have been many times Darnell has irritated me with his continual self assessment and analysis but the above post seems to make sense of some of it.

He has so many wonderful qualities but life is about dealing with crap, filing it in file 13 and getting on with living for the moment - treat each day as if it were your last.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bluntbob wrote: »
    Then there's the hundreds and thousands task in which he had to split hundreds and thousands into seperate colours. The the shopping list while he was HOH where he had to read the fine print on the laminent....Various stuff that people don't think about which would be infinitely harder for Darnell.

You have summed him up really well !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,550
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed the first five lines but couldn't cope as it had no paragraphs!:eek:

Has somebody hidden the paragraphs?:confused:

Are the paragrapghs in the diary room? :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    tbeas wrote: »
    Only if your eye sight is good - spare a thought and make paragraphs for those those don't see so well !

If Quasimoron started writing posts with paragraphs and spaces after the full stops I'd say "Who's this imposter!"
    I kinda like quasimorons rants! It's like a quirky trademark! A quasi rant with spaces just isn't a quasi rant!:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Darnell has said lots of times that he is registered blind in the USA