iPod nano help?

YeoYeo Posts: 877
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi. :) It's my birthday today and as a gift, I got a black iPod nano. I don't have a clue how to get songs onto it.

I've downloaded iTunes but everytime I try and make an account it says I need to give my credit card details. I don't have a credit card! :confused: I have a ton of songs on Windows Media Player and i've dragged them onto my iTunes list but I can't see anywhere where I can sync them to my iPod?

Help, please!!! :o

Comments

• stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Happy Birthday!!!!

It should find them automaticly when it asks you to search for music on your computer. Click on the music tab and they should all be in there if you saved your music to "my music" on your computer.

Podcasts are good to collect too. I love the Radio 4 ones.
  • gary77gary77 Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Click and draging music doesnt work as already said itunes should find all music stored onto the computer

If you want to do it manually then go to file then select either add a file/folder to itunes

as for the credit card issue try this

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2534

oh and happy birthday :)
  • YeoYeo Posts: 877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you both!!! :D
    Forum Member
    I have never been asked for a credit card.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Argh!

Where is the "sync" button? :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have never been asked for a credit card.

I have it on screen now. It says "Provide a payment method" and then there's the credit card form and then my details form down the bottom. :confused:
    Forum Member
    Yeo wrote: »
    Argh!

Where is the "sync" button? :o

Click on File on Itunes and then go down until you see sync ipod
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Click on File on Itunes and then go down until you see sync ipod

I can see it but it's not letting me click it. :o

I'm so sorry. I'm absolutely useless with computers. I now have the Terms and Conditions up but the only options are "cancel" and "save". There's no "continue"? And I can't scroll to the sides. Argh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    Hi and Happy Birthday:D

Now then, on that payment details page there should be options for Card type? Simply select the None option.
  • russellellyrussellelly Posts: 11,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeo wrote: »
    I can see it but it's not letting me click it. :o

I'm so sorry. I'm absolutely useless with computers. I now have the Terms and Conditions up but the only options are "cancel" and "save". There's no "continue"? And I can't scroll to the sides. Argh.

You only need a card to register for the iTunes Store. You shouldn't need one if you're just syncing music with your iPod. Just cancel whatever you're registering - not sure how you've ended up trying to register.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooohhhh, i've done it! :D

I didn't have a clue what I was doing and ended up going to the iTunes store. :o And then I had to sort my screen resolution so I could accept the Terms and Conditions. I'm now synchronising for the first time!

Woo!! :p Thanks, guys.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I need help again.

I want to know my play count on the iPod but can't find anywhere where I can find out? I get the play count on iTunes but when I sync from the iPod the play count doesn't change even though it should have because i've listened to all the songs more than once. Is there a way that the play count will increase by syncing with the iPod or not?
  • stick_of_rockstick_of_rock Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the play count only applies to the amount of times you play a certain song on iTunes, and not on the actual iPod.
    I have a question though, can you only sync your iPod with one computer?
    Because I have different computers with different songs on them and i've heard you can't do this.. :cry::confused:
  • GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the play count only applies to the amount of times you play a certain song on iTunes, and not on the actual iPod.
    I have a question though, can you only sync your iPod with one computer?
    Because I have different computers with different songs on them and i've heard you can't do this.. :cry::confused:

No, it will work on any computer that has itunes. My daughters boyfriend plugs his into our computer as well as his own. Just remember to click manually manage your music otherwise itunes will erase all your music and put on only whats in your itunes library.

You might be getting confused with the amount of computers that get used with tracks that are downloaded for your ipod.
  • stick_of_rockstick_of_rock Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a great help, but now I can't access the iTunes Store!
    It keeps saying that the network connection timed out and to check that i'm logged onto the internet, which I clearly am..