Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chuffster wrote: »
    I'm confused about the Boots ad with the nurse.She gets in a 6am on Boxing Day, so unless she worked a 30 hour shift, how did she miss at least some of Christmas Day with her family?

It's the NHS, nuff said! ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Paul_DNAP wrote: »
    Was it a nightmare or is there really an advert that goes:

Whoooo-oooooooooooo-oooooooooooo Sequin Art!
    Whoooo-oooooooooooo-oooooooooooo Sequin Art! Sequin Art!
    Whoooo-oooooooooooo-oooooooooooo Sequin Art!

I dreamt that too. I think they blew the budget on the sequins.
  • Options
    ellesworthellesworth Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw an ad for something called "beados". My son who has just turned 3 sometimes gets his "b"s and "p"s the wrong way round. Cue standing in asda with him yelling "paedos!" At the top of his voice.
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This Argos advert has to be the most annoying for a long time it's making me ill, it's on every break.
  • Options
    doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    Bloody awful Ferrero Rocher advert.

A whiny singer with a little-girl voice and really bad diction sings two completely unintelligble lines of a lyric before starting the chorus:

ow-ow-ow-oh
    ow-ow-ow-oh, etc ad nauseum

All the while we hear a moron extolling the virtues of cheap petrol-station chocolates that, along with a bunch of chrysanths, are usually bought late at night by guilty husbands scuttling home after an evening with their mistresses.... NOT a fitting Christmas present.
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    That irritating perfume ad where the skeletal looking model prances about in a floaty dress looking incredibly pleased with herself for no particular reason.
    Tho that could be any perfume ad tbh.
  • Options
    elfcurryelfcurry Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barry ******* Scott!! Grrr!!
  • Options
    catboy71catboy71 Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    Saw one tonight (not quite sure what it was advertising though) , where a guy was milking a goat into his cereal.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doormouse1 wrote: »

A whiny singer with a little-girl voice and really bad diction sings two completely unintelligble lines of a lyric before starting the chorus:

ow-ow-ow-oh

All the while we hear a moron extolling the virtues of cheap petrol-station chocolates that, along with a bunch of chrysanths, are usually bought late at night by guilty husbands scuttling home after an evening with their mistresses.... NOT a fitting Christmas present.

Thank Christ my hubby never buys me chocolates :eek:
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone understand the logic behind the Drambuie advert with the woman sitting at a drum kit in a gold dress? It is bizarre. I don't want to "go" Argos anytime soon either.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter Andres I'm a celeb adverts
    The wiggle workout - go compare
    The BT ads where they watch breaking bad over 24 hours. Bt really should cut their losses with this student lot. Hate them
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paypal, not content with one woman with a weird mid Atlantic accent, they now have another different woman with the same weird accent.>:(
  • Options
    ayrshireman1ayrshireman1 Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I supposed to think the man in the Grouse ads is cool and sexy?.

Get that awful beard trimmed!.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Did you know... you can play polo in Dubai... on camelback?"

No, and I don't really care, so stop bombarding us with cheap breaks in Dubai.
  • Options
    Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    :confused::confused:

They were English settlers in an English colony before it was even called America I believe.
    Definitely before they had independence so therefore because it happened to people born in England it's just as much ours.

I only say it to wind Americans up. I don't want thanksgiving any more than I want black friday and it's dirty tactics
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bank adverts are seriously pissing me off! I hate how they try to be all jolly and say they are fair. No, you are not being fair by WASTING OUR MONEY on pointless irritating adverts especially Barclays with bloody Lifeskills and that stupid Natwest ad with that annoying song! F*** off! >:(
  • Options
    TuvokTuvok Posts: 1,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oral B Go Pro

Does anybody talk about going pro? Doubt it.
  • Options
    China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I supposed to think the man in the Grouse ads is cool and sexy?.

Get that awful beard trimmed!.

Couldn't agree more!!

Then when he is doing the selfie, he has his mouth wide open like some sort of monster.
    Revolting.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,923
    Forum Member
    The Morrisons one with the brat singing "Thoon the bellths will thstart" In fact I hate any advert with 'cutesey' children in.

"Teddy's very not well."

The boots foot hard skin remover machine thing. With close ups of revolting feet!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SarahK wrote: »
    I really hate the song they've used as well.

What song is it? All i hear is whining tbh
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    Lol I'm so glad I'm not the only person who thought it was a boy! My boyfriend tried to make me feel bad about it, it was an honest mistake :blush:

This is horrible but i watched a few times after you guys pointed out that she was a girl and i still couldn't see it. Thankfully that hair clip and red tights helped me see the light. I guess we all go through that weird awkward phase where we look slightly unisex or androgynous.

I'm slightly late with these two entries of hate but here it goes:

The sainsburys ad, i just find it a tad insulting. I know there are tons of people that love it and have been hyping up it's message and sentimentally. What they fail to realise that same way that the Sainsbury's fat cat corps and advertising team have provoked and conjured up all these emotions and sentimentally in order to get you buy their Taste the difference range is that same tactics and rhetoric that the government used to get those young boys (some of your ancestors) into those fields to be senseless cannon fodder for the enemy.

Natwest/Lloyd ad, the one with the sisters with the poor performing petrol station which is converted into a diner, Selling more sausage rolls than petrol?.LIES! So unbelievable. If there's any business guaranteed to make money is it's ones concerning petrol. They couldn't a spin a more believable story???
  • Options
    MadsocksMadsocks Posts: 3,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What on earth has happened to the Cravendale ad with the biscuit people who's sons head falls off in the river?. They have changed the song and it is not as good as the old one!. :confused:

It was never a good advert. Now, they've changed the song and it's going to be constantly on all the time. >:(>:(>:(>:(>:(
  • Options
    elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    It was scary, but fun. I suspect kids were less perturbed by it than adults assuming their kids would be scared by it.

In terms of pet hate ads, I agree about the maudlin Vistaprint 'just wanted you to know' dirge. There's boatloads of these breathy folkrock songs being used to front adverts and I always end up hating the song just because a segment of it gets so overused in scmaltzy adverts. I find it taints the artist somehow. A pity.

The advert that drives me nuts atm is that stupid 'Cortana' phone thing, where a way too cheerful eejit has a conversation with his female-voiced phone program to get it to 'remind' him to remember he and his wife's anniversary and get her flowers. Because obviously in this tecchie age, we're all such dumbasses we need a Cortana phone program to prod us as to why we got married or how to shop for gifts. It's insane.

"Cheers Cortana!"

F!ck off! :D

Yes, I find it rather depressing. How ever did anyone cope before? Oh, that's right, we had to think about our significant others rather than have stupid conversations with talking programmes on our phones...
  • Options
    RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,242
    Forum Member
    doormouse1 wrote: »

ow-ow-o

Bring back the ambassadors reception! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs7gAxsfK5U
  • Options
    RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,242
    Forum Member
    4Dman wrote: »
    Oh dear - this morning's news, police protecting shops against brainless sheep fighting over their pathetic 'Black Friday bargains'.

Fast forward five years in the UK - Thanksgiving Day food, cards, presents, everything except the day off!

Spot on! another excuse to sell us a round of Turkey, booze, presents and tat will be foisted on us soon i'm sure.
  • Options
    bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Annoying voiceover people:

Trivago girl, with her weird pronunciations.
    The nasally Now TV bloke. Don't know what if it's his accent or his voice, but it's horrid either way.
    Posh, lispy Tesco woman
    Blinkbox man, doing a 'wacky' Will Ferrell rip-off
    All Paypal people. Irksome American hybrid accents (and the Scottish-American bloke in another advert who pronounces 'cloud' in a weird way)
This discussion has been closed.