Options

What happens with E-Bay dispute?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 707
Forum Member
✭✭
Has anyone had a bad experience with Ebay?

My husband brought quite and expensive item on Ebay before finalising the bid and buying he questioned if there was any damage to the item as the picture wasnt absolutely clear and the seller told him the item was in 'mint' condition no damage, when the item arrived it was significantly damaged in exactly the place that my husband suspected and queried.

The seller has denied any damage saying that my husband is trying to pull a fast one.

My husband opened discussions with the seller to negotiate but the seller immediately escalted it to paypal!

What happens now?

Comments

• Options
    boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    Pistols at dawn.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boxx wrote: »
    Pistols at dawn.

Am I going to witness a 'Women in Love' style fight in front of the fireplace.:eek:.....well the radiator!
  • Options
    boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    Am I going to witness a 'Women in Love' style fight in front of the fireplace.:eek:.....well the radiator!

Yup. According to Ebay, they'll be round tomorrow afternoon. Move the breakables!!!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SOunds like it's been escalated because ebay are withholding your payment until you leave positive feedback. Open a dispute yourself. You will get the money back as paypal usually favours the buyer
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FluffyEgg wrote: »
    SOunds like it's been escalated because ebay are withholding your payment until you leave positive feedback. Open a dispute yourself. You will get the money back as paypal usually favours the buyer

Its all a bit stressful, we could repair the item ourselves but at a cost - my husband tried to negotiate a deal where the seller got a fair price for what the item was actually worth damaged but he wouldnt have it.

He is denying that it was ever damaged but on closer inspection of the original pics its obvious that what was dismissed as a shadow is obviously the damage my husband questioned.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well contact ebay then. Don't sit there waiting for nothing to happen, or you will lose your money.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FluffyEgg wrote: »
    Well contact ebay then. Don't sit there waiting for nothing to happen, or you will lose your money.

Yes thanks, that all ready in the offing - shouldnt have bought a larger item in the first place and wont be doing it again.

Its one thing buying something for a couple of quid but when you going over a hundred its too much of a risk!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Ebay always come down on the side of the buyer, as do Paypal, even if you provide them with evidence to the contrary. That has always been my experience and is why I no longer use either service.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes thanks, that all ready in the offing - shouldnt have bought a larger item in the first place and wont be doing it again.

Its one thing buying something for a couple of quid but when you going over a hundred its too much of a risk![/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, thats where most of the bargains are these days, most things under £100-£150 go close to retail, even if used, puzzles me, why dont they Google the item? EG, I was recently looking for a microsoft webcam, watched 4 on Ebay & they went for £44 to over £50 + P&P I got a new one from Amazon for £44.99.
  • Options
    HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tell me why I need another pet rock; tell me why I got this Alf alarm clock? Tell me why I bid on Shatners old Toupee.. foound it on eeeeBay!

Or something :o

By the way, it's a song.. this keyboard doesn't have the hash logo. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    Tell me why I need another pet rock; tell me why I got this Alf alarm clock? Tell me why I bid on Shatners old Toupee.. foound it on eeeeBay!

Or something :o

I love that song......Wierd Al

By the way the reason he went to ebay is because it was a rare item.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    Hypnodisc wrote: »

On a Mac? If so, its alt 3 (or option 3)
  • Options
    HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On a Mac? If so, its alt 3 (or option 3)

Well I never knew that, thanks :)