Options

New to flat screen television

2»

Comments

• Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,579
    Forum Member
    Yes I've heard that. What a pain - for me anyway. My kitchen is at one end of the lounge and I like to watch the tv while I cook. It seems silly but I could end up with a flat panel with a bigger screen but worse viewing :(

Get a decent size and a decent make, and you won't have any problems.
  • Options
    David (2)David (2) Posts: 20,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i know this has been said before on prev threads, but i have in the last few days seen how much difference Picture and Audio settings make on a LCD tv.

This was a large LG, approx 40 - 42in, running on just the internal Freeview tuner.

When i first saw this set i thought, it was not bad, but shame about the mist over the front of the image. Not always visible, but quite easily seen on dark pictures which also means the black was a more like a dark grey.

Had a play with the remote and found the tv was in Game mode. Switching back to Standard made a signnificant difference - the black was now black, the colours were improved, the detail was improved, and no more misty mask over the image.

I also found the audio to be set to Game mode, which i soon back to Normal, which made "some" improvement (you cant expect too much from those thin speakers).

....btw, theres no game console in use.......so why it was on those setting, i have no idea.