Free game when you register 3DS XL

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 149
Forum Member
http://microsite.nintendo-europe.com/3DSXLGamesPromotion/termsENG.html
Terms & Conditions

Nintendo 3DS XL Promotion

If you BUY and REGISTER a NINTENDO 3DS XL…

… then you get a FREE DOWNLOAD for a game from Nintendo eShop

How it works:

REGISTER YOUR HARDWARE BY JANUARY 15th, 2013

Register your Nintendo 3DS XL system in Club Nintendo at www.club-nintendo.com by January 15th, 2013.

Registration in Club Nintendo required. Terms and conditions apply.

Select your game of choice. You can choose one of the 5 titles: New Art Academy, Super Mario 3D Land, New Style Boutique, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Freakyforms Deluxe.

The download code will be sent to you per email to the email address that you indicated during the registration in Club Nintendo.

REDEEM YOUR CODE BETWEEN JANUARY 1st, 2013 AND JANUARY 31st, 2013.

Go to Nintendo eShop and input the download code between January 1st, 2013 and January 31st, 2013.

For the use of Nintendo eShop the acceptance of the Nintendo 3DS Service User Agreement and Privacy Policy is required.

Download the game to your Nintendo 3DS XL system.

Additional Information:

This promotion is valid for residents of the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Belgium, the Netherlands, Portugal and Russia.

Any Nintendo 3DS XL system (European version) purchased since the release in July 2012 is eligible. In case you have already registered your Nintendo 3DS XL system in Club Nintendo, you will still be able to receive the free download if you log in to your Club Nintendo account and follow the instructions on the banner about the promotion by January 15th, 2013.

For the download regular wireless broadband Internet charges may apply.

I found the link in my account on www.nintendo.co.uk and have claimed FreakyForms Deluxe

Comments

• Chelsea SaintChelsea Saint Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers for the tip. Not for me, but gf is a big Nintendo fan and she just bagged Marioland 3D. :cool:
  • scott26985scott26985 Posts: 1,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do you get this? I registered my XL back in august. Ive been into club Nintendo and there nothing there about a free game :?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Where do you see the link, i have a 3dsxl registered but when i login to the club nintendo site i see no banner or any link :(

(My account is registered to my UK address btw)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 232
    Forum Member
    Go to club Nintendo... click on "My Account" and the first thing you should see is your stars balance with an arrow on the right hand side.. that's the banner.

Just keep clicking the right arrow until you see the banner titled "Nintendo 3ds XL promotion" and click on claim your free game.

Thats how I found it anyway :) I had to reload the "My account" screen a few times though the banner didn't seem to want to load at first.
    Forum Member
    Many thanks, after several refreshes the banner eventually showed up and i registered for Layton :)
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up, just wish I'd know about this before buying Layton for my sis *facepalm*

Ho hum.
  • TVScourgeTVScourge Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    Go to club Nintendo... click on "My Account" and the first thing you should see is your stars balance with an arrow on the right hand side.. that's the banner.

Just keep clicking the right arrow until you see the banner titled "Nintendo 3ds XL promotion" and click on claim your free game.

Thats how I found it anyway :) I had to reload the "My account" screen a few times though the banner didn't seem to want to load at first.

Followed your instructions and I found no banners at all. Its just white.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TVScourge wrote: »
    Followed your instructions and I found no banners at all. Its just white.

Happened to me. Took about fifteen minutes clicking and refreshing and switching browsers a lot:o
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    Thinking about getting Layton (when I get a 3DS XL of course) but I havent played Spectres Call yet, is this a problem? :o
  • TVScourgeTVScourge Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    I finally found what I was looking for. I'm a regular user of Firefox, but what the Hell? And they say Internet Explorer is the worst. I had to use Chrome and got that banner. I suppose there's no problem that you don't actually get the email with the code until nearer the time?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TVScourge wrote: »
    I finally found what I was looking for. I'm a regular user of Firefox, but what the Hell? And they say Internet Explorer is the worst. I had to use Chrome and got that banner. I suppose there's no problem that you don't actually get the email with the code until nearer the time?

I got the code about three days later, but we can't redeem it until Jan 1st.
  • James-30James-30 Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    Got my code today. Can't believe we have to wait till January 1st! Why?
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just registered the gf 3DS XL there.Had problems doing it via firefox so ended up doing it through internet explorer.

I didn't know that Prof Layton was 1 of the free games you could download as i bought this game for my gf christmas.Ended up going for Super Mario 3D Land.
  • Goldbear86Goldbear86 Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just redeemed my code although I registered back in August with my 3DS XL. I have 3 of the games offered so went for art academy
    Forum Member
    Redeemed my game this morning. Got professor Layton. Was quick to download
    Forum Member
    Also downloaded Layton this morning :)
  • CoolboyACoolboyA Posts: 10,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be downloading Art Academy today. I had just bought Layton as well... Oh well!
  • rachierachie Posts: 2,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got my free Professor Layton!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Downloaded my Super Mario 3D Land this morning.
  • TV KingTV King Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just registered and went for Super Mario 3D Land.

I have not got my code yet. So I can not yet download the game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got mine this morning but sis is still waiting on her code from Boxing day.
  • barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got mine this morning but sis is still waiting on her code from Boxing day.

Has your sister gotten her code yet?

I registered my 3DS XL last night and chose Professor Layton. I noticed it says that it can take a few days for them to send you an email with your download code so I was just wondering how long people had to wait before they got their code?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I registered my 3DS XL last night and chose Professor Layton. I noticed it says that it can take a few days for them to send you an email with your download code so I was just wondering how long people had to wait before they got their code?

She got it two days ago I think, so just over a week total from registration to collection. She had to make a new Nintendo account because she couldn't get the password sent from the old one:rolleyes: probably due to a lapsed Hotmail account.

It might be a bit quicker now that the initial rush has gone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I got the code within 2 days.Registered the 3DS XL on Christmas day & i got the email with the code on the 27th.
    Forum Member
    I got my code in a few days. Registered end of November. Had it by the 04th December