Options

Beyoncé releases teaser for new single!

13»

Comments

• Options
    So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The advert is fantastic, and the song sounds very, very promising as well.

And I'm pleased it's getting released on Monday so it's peak won't suffer from a midweek release, aka Born This Way, Skyfall and Run This World.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love that advert, nice touch with Beyoncé facing key videos/images from her past. It was nice to hear an extended clip of the single, it sounds brilliant, those bouncy beats. Timbaland seems to have found his form again, I'm enjoying the productions he put down on Justin Timberlake's album and what I've heard of Grown Woman so far! Exciting times. Thank god this full single is out on Monday, any longer would be cruel! Bit odd this isn't the lead single, given the exposure the song will get through associaiton with Pepsi! Here's to Monday!
  • Options
    EvanWhisper05EvanWhisper05 Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So 3008 wrote: »
    And I'm pleased it's getting released on Monday so it's peak won't suffer from a midweek release, aka Born This Way, Skyfall and Run This World.

Billboard have updated to say it's not being released Monday.

This is a complete mess. :(
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People are getting carried away. It's never been confirmed that this is the single and it has also never been confirmed that it would be appearing on iTunes on Monday. Articles and twitter accounts were saying "A Beyonce rep confirmed that the song will be released to iTunes". That's not confirmation!! I doubt we'll get a single until after the tour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's October!

Seems strange to wait until then but release so many snippets.
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not really. The Bow Down thing, the Pepsi song etc...just all little things to keep people going until the single. I bet she'll release the DVD of her Revel concert too and maybe the DVD of her documentary. Then after the tour she'll release the single and album. She's not stupid...she knows the album will sell like crazy off the back of the tour she will have just finished. Why would she release a single or album now when she won't be able to promote it fully? She's very smart.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems strange to release an album just after finishing a WORLD tour.. Because then when will she tour with THAT album?

I get there's hype after a tour but doing it after the superbowl (where tens of millions watched) would have made more sense.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems strange to release an album just after finishing a WORLD tour.. Because then when will she tour with THAT album?

I get there's hype after a tour but doing it after the superbowl (where tens of millions watched) would have made more sense.

It's all very weird. All these high profile events and deals, singing the national anthem, Super Bowl, the documentary on HBO, Pepsi...and instead of using all this exposure and throwing out the album Bey goes on tour...okay...that's a new one! I'm interested to see what the heck's going on!

Single or not, can we still have the full version of Grown Woman? Sounds immense! :D
  • Options
    itunesfestival2itunesfestival2 Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RXEXiKvBO5I - 'new song' at 0.17 and 'up-and-coming single' at 0.28 in the behind the scenes video, with MORE bits from 'grown woman!

COME ONNNNNNNNN - THIS HAS TO BE RELEASED! Really hope it does on monday! Sounds soo good!
  • Options
    RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm telling you now, this whole thing is gearing up for a greatest hits. Watch this space
  • Options
    da3boolda3bool Posts: 2,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    I'm telling you now, this whole thing is gearing up for a greatest hits. Watch this space

No I don't think so

Kelly Rowland just did an interview this week where she mentioned how crazy Beyonce's new album is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RXEXiKvBO5I - 'new song' at 0.17 and 'up-and-coming single' at 0.28 in the behind the scenes video, with MORE bits from 'grown woman!

COME ONNNNNNNNN - THIS HAS TO BE RELEASED! Really hope it does on monday! Sounds soo good!

That's what I thought.
    To be honest I think the song sounds better from this video than the actual advert. I'm more impressed by it and it sounds good first single potential.

Wonder what's going to happen. Hope it does come out tomorrow but I have no clue.
  • Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    MCA1992 wrote: »
    It's all very weird. All these high profile events and deals, singing the national anthem, Super Bowl, the documentary on HBO, Pepsi...and instead of using all this exposure and throwing out the album Bey goes on tour...okay...that's a new one! I'm interested to see what the heck's going on!

Single or not, can we still have the full version of Grown Woman? Sounds immense! :D

It doesn't seem THAT strange. I mean, from a money perspective, you might probably make more money off a tour than an album with some artists.
  • Options
    itunesfestival2itunesfestival2 Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    THERE'S HOPE FOR TODAY! A hair stylist for one of Beyonce's dancers posted this on Instagram:

http://instagram.com/p/X0fAq5zMch/ (Ashley Everett in the picture is one of Beyonce's lead dancers, who was in the I Am...Tour and Sweet Dreams/Single Ladies/Ego music videos)

kwamepositive
    @xthahairstylist did she say its for the music video ???
    33m

xthahairstylist
    Yes! @kwamepositive
    31m

goinandlethave
    OMGAH!!! Yaaaaassss. Do you know when the single is dropping?
    30m

xthahairstylist
    Shes headed to the video shoot tomorrow
    29m

kwamepositive
    @xthahairstylist thank you (:
    29m

xthahairstylist
    I believe it drop tomorrow or the next few days
    28m

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Nebworth90Nebworth90 Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is this song? I thought it was to be released on iTunes today?? :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nebworth90 wrote: »
    Where is this song? I thought it was to be released on iTunes today?? :(

Not 100% confirmed, but it sounds as though it will be in the next couple of days if the video is being shot.

I went on that stylists instragam and it does say the video is being shot today/tomorrow and it is the single!

That's something
  • Options
    Nebworth90Nebworth90 Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not 100% confirmed, but it sounds as though it will be in the next couple of days if the video is being shot.

I went on that stylists instragam and it does say the video is being shot today/tomorrow and it is the single!

That's something

Thank you! Sooner the better :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny article on the Guardian that shows the length of this 'album campaign'.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2013/apr/08/beyonce-new-album-teaser-campaign

Glad I'm not the only one who has been thinking this!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this a new snippet of Grown Woman?

https://soundcloud.com/beyonc-exclusive/grown-woman-snippet

I can't hear on my work comp
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Is this a new snippet of Grown Woman?

https://soundcloud.com/beyonc-exclusive/grown-woman-snippet