Options

Katie's video backdrop

JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
Forum Member
I noticed that the huge projection of Katie was used this week in the same way as Cher had one last week, which seemed to enhance Cher's performance. Cher's was quite subtle yet effective.

Personally I found Katie's offputting this week, but I feel sorry for TreyC who seems to be a dot on the landscape in comparison to to visual exposure we are getting of Katie and Cher.

Is it fair to have a video backdrop of some contestants and not others, as it increases their visual exposure? Will Katie's video backdrop help her get the votes this week?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The stylist said on Xtra Factor that they planned a set to match the video but Katie poo pooed it. Hence a mismatch. Silly, clueless girl.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grace did mention she wanted 2 person out as they made her work tough.. and Savan said 1.. I wonder who they are.. :D
  • Options
    JaggedcatJaggedcat Posts: 3,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes the set and dancers just too much and the singer gets lost, it happened a bit in Cher's.
  • Options
    puffin1962puffin1962 Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    I thought that the staging did't really suit Katie at all this week - not sure what the thinking was there

- the strange picture-background of Katie in bed were just odd - kept making me think of some of the press reports this week of Katie having tantrums and lying in bed crying and refusing to go to the Chariity shoot

- Also she looked uncomfortable up on stage - she seemed to be hobbling at times like an arthritic pensioner

However her biggest problem was the song - she didn't have the vocal ability for such a big song and there was no power in the middle - bad choice from Cheryl this week - she seems to have taken her eye off the ball with Cher and Cheryl - perhaps too much time in the US?
  • Options
    SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    The stylist said on Xtra Factor that they planned a set to match the video but Katie poo pooed it. Hence a mismatch. Silly, clueless girl.

You know, if there's one thing I've learnt from being in the Army, it's never ignore a poo-poo. I knew a Major, who got poo-poohed, made the mistake of ignoring the poo-poo. He poo-pooed it! Fatal error! Cos it turned out all along that the soldier who poo-pooed him had been poo-pooing a lot of other officers who poo-pooed their poo-poos. In the end, we had to disband the regiment. Morale totally destroyed... by poo-poo!

:D
  • Options
    EllefEllef Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    puffin1962 wrote: »
    I thought that the staging did't really suit Katie at all this week - not sure what the thinking was there

- the strange picture-background of Katie in bed were just odd - kept making me think of some of the press reports this week of Katie having tantrums and lying in bed crying and refusing to go to the Chariity shoot

- Also she looked uncomfortable up on stage - she seemed to be hobbling at times like an arthritic pensioner

However her biggest problem was the song - she didn't have the vocal ability for such a big song and there was no power in the middle - bad choice from Cheryl this week - she seems to have taken her eye off the ball with Cher and Cheryl - perhaps too much time in the US?

That was exactly the effect it had on me. I have no idea whether the press stories about her tantrums are true, but that awful video of her crying her mascara all down her face certainly reminded me of them. What were the producers thinking?
  • Options
    googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ellef wrote: »
    That was exactly the effect it had on me. I have no idea whether the press stories about her tantrums are true, but that awful video of her crying her mascara all down her face certainly reminded me of them. What were the producers thinking?

They were thinking "the more reasons we can give the press to whinge about her, or the public to start threads on DS about her, the more money we'll make from the telephone vote" ;)
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    really didn't rate her performance last night either. one of my favourite bands.
  • Options
    THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    katie is dumb
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    SteelEdge wrote: »
    You know, if there's one thing I've learnt from being in the Army, it's never ignore a poo-poo. I knew a Major, who got poo-poohed, made the mistake of ignoring the poo-poo. He poo-pooed it! Fatal error! Cos it turned out all along that the soldier who poo-pooed him had been poo-pooing a lot of other officers who poo-pooed their poo-poos. In the end, we had to disband the regiment. Morale totally destroyed... by poo-poo!

Now that's entertainment! :D
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    SteelEdge wrote: »

Baaaaaaaaaa :D
  • Options
    GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the backdrop was absolutely bloody hilarious :D It was completely bizarre! It distracted me completely and I was just watching the backdrop the entire performance :D
  • Options
    The Steel FlippThe Steel Flipp Posts: 4,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any of the contestants could have that kind of backdrop and my reaction would be the same, its self indulgent tripe. Why should they have a video of them playing when they are up there performing anyway? It strikes me as distracting and self defeatist.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't worry, it would take a lot more than a video backdrop to improve Katie's performance.
  • Options
    minxymoominxymoo Posts: 26,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the plus side i liked her Boots.:)