Options

Amazon Pilot Bosch

SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
Forum Member
✭✭✭
For fans of the pilot and book alike, Bosch has been given a 10 episode order. Titus Welliver at last gets the chance to stretch his acting chops a the lead in a tv series. No word on the air date yet.

Comments

• Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news, loved the pilot.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Already a thread somewhere on here...
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big-Arn wrote: »
    Already a thread somewhere on here...

About the show once the pilot had aired, which is weeks gone.
  • Options
    xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally out to watch, really looking forward to watching Season one over the coming days!

I loved the Pilot from last year, left me wanting more!
  • Options
    The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    xander63 wrote: »
    Finally out to watch, really looking forward to watching Season one over the coming days!

I loved the Pilot from last year, left me wanting more!
    You may want to watch the pilot again as they have made changes to it.

Hello Bosch Fans! Happy New Year. We are less than a month away from the Bosch television show being available in all its 10-episode glory. Starting today, Amazon is putting up the new and improved pilot for viewing. You may be asking, do I really need to watch it again? Well, that of course is your choice but I thought I’d tell you a little bit about some of the changes we put into the pilot after we got the green light to film a whole season. The main changes are in regard to the court case. Bosch is being sued for killing a man during the investigation of a serial killer case. If you remember the original pilot, the trial started at the beginning of the case with opening statements from the attorneys and Harry in the defendant’s chair watching. When we got the go ahead on the first season we decided we should come into the trial after it is already underway and Harry Bosch is on the witness stand. We wanted Harry more active in the courtroom and this did the trick. We also had to bring in a few new actors because some actors in the pilot had schedule conflicts once we set our shooting schedule. One of the new ones is Mimi Rogers, who plays Money Chandler, the attorney suing Harry. She’s really good and just like the Money in the book. There are a couple of other added scenes as well. But I think the new courtroom scenes are very important because Harry is now a participant. He is testifying and revealing himself, and the information that comes out is important to his character and the rest of the episodes in the season. The new pilot is up and available now but if you ask me, I would wait to watch it when the whole season is available on February 13 and you can roll from the pilot right into episode 2. At least that’s what I think.
    – Michael Connelly
  • Options
    InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed the pilot. I didn't know any more episodes had been made. Amazon are constantly bombarding me with junk mail so why don't they promote this too?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just started eps 05, I must say I'm really enjoying Bosch.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm liking the characters and mostly the plot, but it isn't half spoiling the show when the cops keep losing suspects all the time.
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this the Bosch of Michael Connelly books?
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    postit wrote: »
    Is this the Bosch of Michael Connelly books?

Yes, ....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, I'll give it a go then.
  • Options
    MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved the books but I really don't like Titus Welliver.

Do I watch or not?
  • Options
    jackthomjackthom Posts: 6,640
    Forum Member
    MrMarple wrote: »
    Loved the books but I really don't like Titus Welliver.

Do I watch or not?

This series seems to be a composite of 2 novels, 'The Concrete Blond' and 'City of Bones'.

Titus isn't exactly how I'd imagined Bosch but he's OK in this IMO.

I've read almost all of Connolly's books and I'm really enjoying this series having watched the 1st 3 episodes back to back. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just this minute finished the whole of season one, thoroughly enjoyed it. Never read the books, but the two stories were great within the show.

I personally like Titus Welliver, thought he was excellent as were the rest of the cast.

Solid stories well told, hope it's back again next year so well done to Amazon with the show. :)
  • Options
    lovetochatlovetochat Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite enjoyed it too! Only discovered it yesterday and have just finished the series.
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only up to episode 7 atm as I didn't want to "splurge" watch it.

Really like Titus Welliver in this, not seen him in many of his roles but this character certainly seems to suit him.
  • Options
    The Big RobertoThe Big Roberto Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    Loved it. Hope it gets a second series
  • Options
    jojoenojojoeno Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched the Pilot.......Im hooked
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »
    Only up to episode 7 atm as I didn't want to "splurge" watch it.

Really like Titus Welliver in this, not seen him in many of his roles but this character certainly seems to suit him.

Superb casting of Bosch. Rarely do films or TV get the main character right (Tom Cruise as Reacher????) but this time they've got it right.
  • Options
    jojoenojojoeno Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    postit wrote: »
    Superb casting of Bosch. Rarely do films or TV get the main character right (Tom Cruise as Reacher????) but this time they've got it right.

Im still out on this Bosch, Ive read all the books and Bosch to me was a Brian Dehenney type person being an ex marine and able to handle himself. But I will wait and see as I go through the series
  • Options
    Mairi_CameronMairi_Cameron Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    I watched the pilot last year and was gutted there was no more, so glad the whole season got made. I've binge watched over the past two days and absolutely loved it. I recently reread all the books and I think the tv series matched the tone of the books really well. I always saw Bosch as more understated than a Brian Dennehy type and for me Titus plays it spot on. I hope they'll make more!
  • Options
    Tom2023Tom2023 Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm always disappointed when the 'love' interest has big tits but we never get to see them even though there are bedroom scenes ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished the series.

This and Transparent are a very good start for Amazon prime.
  • Options
    Mairi_CameronMairi_Cameron Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    Tom2023 wrote: »
    I'm always disappointed when the 'love' interest has big tits but we never get to see them even though there are bedroom scenes ;-)

In depth discussions like this, the reason I joined this forum ;) She did have considerable assets, didn't she.

I've not seen Transparent, I'll have a look.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I needed subs for transparent.