Male members, How much £ do you spend on clothes per year?

andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
Forum Member
Is £250 enough to budget?

Comments

• TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,396
    Forum Member

I'd say so, andersonsonson, if Primark/charity shops are used for clothes, if Sports Direct are used for trainers and if Shoe Zone are used for shoes and so on. You could also do what l do sometimes and ask for clothes as presents, e.g. l'd like this item in this size please, that kind of thing.
  • DDRickyDDDDRickyDD Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    I don't add up all the price of all the clothes I buy over the year, but I'd say about £100. I've never been one for spending a lot of money, and I've never bought or worn designer clothes.
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would say I spend about £600 - £700 a year on clothes. That includes things like basics such as underwear etc, new clothes I want, treating myself. Maybe slightly more actually!
  • totalwisetotalwise Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i spent last than £50 last two years. i used to buy a lot of clothes before. went clothes shopping every week. so ive just worn out my old clothes until i had holes in them
  • totalwisetotalwise Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still have plenty of old clothes to wear out so i wont to by any more for the next few years.

I find how much you spend on clothes depends very much on you social/work life.

I used to work in the city before and would go out a lot before and it was important to stay fashionable and wear different outfits all 5 days of the week. Now that I have a web hosting company and work from home I don't have any face to face business meetings, so I just wear complete garbage.
  • boozer3boozer3 Posts: 2,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably about £100 per month. Sometimes more sometimes less.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think around €1,500 a year
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,396
    Forum Member
    DDRickyDD wrote: »
    I don't add up all the price of all the clothes I buy over the year, but I'd say about £100. I've never been one for spending a lot of money, and I've never bought or worn designer clothes.

One teen I know refuses to spend any more than £10 on a pair of jeans for himself so budget buying can be done.
  • iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    Over £300 for me but I'm a pretty boy :P
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    Honestly and realistically around £2,000. I don't intend to cut down.
  • DDRickyDDDDRickyDD Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member

You must have a well paid job.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

and so you shouldn't! Fashion knows no costs:)
  • kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last year I spent quite a lot (approx £1000) It it been a few years since I spent a fair bit on clothes, so I pretty much replaced my existing wardrobe.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I'd have to say around £1500 - £2000 on average. I'm a sucker for good quality clothes.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My initial thought was about £100, but it might be more realistic to say about £200. Shoes can account for a fair bit and I will only buy Levi jeans, because they seem to be the only ones that fit me properly. Talking of which, I think I'll have to start a thread about them.
  • malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,626
    Forum Member
    God I dread to think.. I reckon probably about £1200 a year at least.
  • wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dunno, anywhere between £200-£500.
  • ste likes boobsste likes boobs Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every two or three months I'll spend about £200 on new clothes. More at the beginning of the spring and autumn seasons though.

I don't but expensive clothes though. I'm rubbish at taking care of them and usually dislike them after a few months anyway.

I'm quite happy to spend £60 on jeans and over a hundred on boots.
  • attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't really like to say tbf. Probably £500-£600 per year but it's never usually designer items, more like black trousers/jeans (since there a staple) & the rest.