Options

Zen or Ipod

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,940
    Forum Member
    x-p-d wrote: »
    I'm going to upgrade to the touch-screen 604 ... you'd have trouble finding a better PMP than that! :cool:

Cowon Q5.

Sweeeeeet!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The most important thing for me was a decent size screen, without being too big - and the Archos has a superior screen than most.

I'm going to upgrade to the touch-screen 604 [web-browsing] Wi-Fi Archos soon, (the 704 Wifi with its 7-inch screen is a little too big for me!) and you'd have trouble finding a better PMP than that! :cool:

will you be able to connect the wi-fi archos to a tv or speakers? sounds like it might be a good way to get those internet radio stations like aol that you can't get through shoutcast/reciva....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    will you be able to connect the wi-fi archos to a tv or speakers? sounds like it might be a good way to get those internet radio stations like aol that you can't get through shoutcast/reciva....

It'll connect up to a TV or amp OK. You might need to buy a docking station to do it properly (check the Archos site for that) but it will connect up ...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,169
    Forum Member
    You can just get a 3.5mm to 2 phonos splitter cable and just use the headphone socket, but for video you'll need the docking station, which supports Component.

Sancheeez - i think i prefer the 80GB 704, but hell, i wouldn't be bothered that much if all i could get was that Cowon. :)

I did mention the digital camera/camcorder accessory, didn't i? :cool: :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I did mention the digital camera/camcorder accessory, didn't i? :cool: :p

You mean using it to capture live feed from a camera/camcorder?

Yeah .... the A2 does that as well. Can't say I've ever used it mind you ....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,169
    Forum Member
    Well, sort of. You can buy an archos portable camera that plugs into the Archos to make it a camcorder/camera.

You can even get a headset attachment to put the lens on the side of your head! - its the parachutists choice!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah ..... same deal. You can buy generic helmet cams.

May have to invest in one next time I anticipate being anywhere near a rollercoaster! :D